Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 09:06 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
This played a big role in racializing this case.
Didn't Fox NEWS win a court case a while back that said it was ok if they lied?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 09:08 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Are there really this many people that do not understand how this works? Zimmerman has a large pay day coming, the lawyers will be happy to work on a percentage basis.
I'm not so sure that this case would take place in Florida. If it happens, it won't be with a two man operation like O'Mara is. The big city law firms don't deal in possibilities. The news media has the money to pay the lawyers, win or lose. Does George?

As I previously wrote his best bet is to take something, move on.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Didn't Fox NEWS win a court case a while back that said it was ok if they lied?
No, Fox claimed that if they wanted a reporter to lie, they had that right, not that they lied. And them saying they can fire someone who refused to say a lie, if it was one, doesn't mean they would be immune from being sued..

Old 07-14-2013, 09:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I'm not so sure that this case would take place in Florida. If it happens, it won't be with a two man operation like O'Mara is. The big city law firms don't deal in possibilities. The news media has the money to pay the lawyers, win or lose. Does George?

George wont need money to hire a lawyer, I bet their lined up to take the case on a contingent basis. There is no doubt they will settle out of court for 7+ figures.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:10 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Really, we go around murdering people and claim self defense. How often does that done. And it seems to me that most of these cases go to trial
There must be one #ell of a waiting line in places like .. Chicago then?

Or do the cops not bother anymore in those places?

I await your answer.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:10 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:

I'm not sure how many times it needs pointed out that Zimmerman doesn't need to have a dime. He would have law firms lining up around the block to take this case on a percentage basis.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:16 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
There must be one #ell of a waiting line in places like .. Chicago then?

Or do the cops not bother anymore in those places?

I await your answer.
I'm not sure what answer you are awaiting. And we are not even talking about Chicago. We are talking about Zimmerman claiming self defense and the police just accepting it.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:24 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm not sure how many times it needs pointed out that Zimmerman doesn't need to have a dime. He would have law firms lining up around the block to take this case on a percentage basis.
I don't think it is going to court. Best for him to take something, move on.

There are law firms and then there are law firms. The absolute very best law firms are exceedingly tough opponents. And have lawyers of the caliber of Chief Justice Roberts who won 25 of 39 cases before the Supreme Court. Best believe if it came to an actual trial NBC would lawyer up to the ultimate. And in order to have a chance of winning George would have to do the same. Does he have the money to do so?

Old 07-14-2013, 09:24 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm not sure what answer you are awaiting. And we are not even talking about Chicago. We are talking about Zimmerman claiming self defense and the police just accepting it.
I forgot .. you're the one who always forgets to read her own posts~

For now:

Quote:
NORTH LAWNDALE — Leaders of CeaseFire Illinois, a group that works to reduce violence, said Thursday they want the country to take notice of a drop in shootings and murders in Chicago so far this year.

In fact, the group's top official is making a bold prediction that 2013 will see a historically low number of murders: less than 300.

If that comes to pass, it would be a huge drop from 2012 when 506 people were murdered.

On average, Chicago police cleared 46 percent of murder cases, with the highest clearance rate of 67 percent in 1991, and the lowest happening over the last two years, with 28 percent in 2010, and 30 percent in 2011.
That leaves 7 out of 10 murders not cleared in 2011!

As far as body counts going down .. My guess is that they are running out of bodies!

Old 07-14-2013, 09:31 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
I don't think it is going to court. Best for him to take something, move on.
As I noted I doubt it goes to court either. NBC will be happy to settle out of court. It's going to be an impressive number. I'm guessing 8 figures.

Quote:
There are law firms and then there are law firms. The absolute very best law firms are exceedingly tough opponents. And have lawyers of the caliber of Chief Justice Roberts who won 25 of 39 cases before the Supreme Court. Best believe if it came to an actual trial NBC would lawyer up to the ultimate. And in order to have a chance of winning George would have to do the same. Does he have the money to do so?
I have no desire to slam my figures in the car door. Your ideas here have been dismissed. Zimmerman doesn't need a penny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies