Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 06:32 PM

7,511 posts, read 11,296,748 times

Advertisements

This played a big role in racializing this case.

Quote:
Last night’s not-guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman trial will enable the neighborhood-watch volunteer to resume his case against NBC News for the mis-editing of his widely distributed call to police. Back in December, Zimmerman sued NBC Universal Media for defamation over the botched editing, which depicted him as a hardened racial profiler.

Zimmerman lawyer to move ‘asap’ against NBC News
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 06:35 PM

14,848 posts, read 21,380,277 times
These news stations should be heavily punished for committing acts like this.

they should be fined and NBC News should be taken off the air for a month.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:36 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,502,350 times
Hope it's a cha ching day for George.

NBC has deep pockets and is the darling of Dear Leader.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:37 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,007,463 times
I hope he is successful. I am so disgusted with our media today I cant even put into words how so. They are vile, disgusting, lying, corrupt, dirt bags. I hope to God he wins millions from them.

If anything, perhaps a win for him here will send a message to the media. Enough with your do anything to push your agenda bull ****.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:37 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,203,487 times
Sure. Trayvon's parents will support that, after all, they can attach the payment in their civil suit. I don't see Zimmerman ever benefitting from this at all. Trayvon's parents will no doubt have a civil suit pending, and snatch any money for a long, long time.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:38 PM

Too bad he cant sue some of the rich "celebs" who threatened him and lied about him on Twitter.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:39 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,811,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Sure. Trayvon's parents will support that, after all, they can attach the payment in their civil suit. I don't see Zimmerman ever benefitting from this at all. Trayvon's parents will no doubt have a civil suit pending, and snatch any money for a long, long time.
Florida law grants George Zimmerman immunity from civil action if he is found not guilty due to self-defense.

Quote:
(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer ...
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

An element of a civil rights prosecution is that the deprivation is caused by an actor who is taking state action under color of authority; i.e., police officers.

It has been used against other than law enforcement officers but must always involve some sort of state action.

The DOJ may be considering just ignoring the state action requirement and hope the case is heard by a liberal judge who doesn’t care what the law is, or maybe trying to argue that Block Watch is the functional equivalent of a police department.

39,792 posts, read 26,279,785 times
Good, hope he goes after CNN as well, for broadcasting his name, address, DOB and SS number. For lying about the jury testimony as to who John Good stated was on top in the fight. For lying about the "left his car after being told not to", which they are repeating even TODAY. These "news" stations are little more than pathetic LWNJ blogs, well capable of destroying someone's life.

Quote:
Im sure that is what you're hoping for. But he should be protected from a civil suit.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:40 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,502,350 times
Quote:
Reads like wishful thinking on your part.

I doubt Trayvon's parents will ever see a dime or their civil suit ever come to trial.

However stranger things have happend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies