Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 08:12 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I remember my wife's family lost her 14 year old brother in an accident where the party at fault was a big construction company with deep pockets.

There was no lawsuit because there isn't much monetary value in a child. They got just enough to pay for the funeral.

Maybe that varies from State to State but here there was no lawsuit.
That surely must vary from State to State. In the state where I worked - the death of a child would be worth a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You live on jail house food and come back and let us know your weight before and after you entered. My niece went to jail and from the unhealthy food they have to use to feed everyone she gained 60 lbs in a year.
He was NOT in jail!!!

Old 07-16-2013, 08:15 AM

1,174 posts, read 2,512,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That surely must vary from State to State. In the state where I worked - the death of a child would be worth a lot.
I agree. If a big company was culpable in the negligent death of a child, the parents should wind up owning that company.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
They don't deserve a penny.
Too bad - they already received quite a lot of pennies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Looks like their taking everyone and anyone to court that they possibly can. Figures, even they are exploiting their own childs death. The level some people will go to not have to work another day in their life never fails to amaze me.
And you know their motive for suit is . . . not to work? Tell us, please, how you were enlightened with that information. Again, I'd sue so fast heads would spin like Linda Blair in the Exorcist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
What's wrong with this picture? If my son were murdered because he attacked someone and they killed him self defense, I would be devastated at the loss of my son. But I have some character. I would apologize to the person he attacked and that person's family, and there is no way I would sue for "wrongful death."
See above. And . . you say that NOW. You have no idea what you would do if someone killed YOUR son in what you felt was not justified. Just like how everyone hates lawyers . . . until they need one.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:38 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Too bad - they already received quite a lot of pennies.

And you know their motive for suit is . . . not to work? Tell us, please, how you were enlightened with that information. Again, I'd sue so fast heads would spin like Linda Blair in the Exorcist.

See above. And . . you say that NOW. You have no idea what you would do if someone killed YOUR son in what you felt was not justified. Just like how everyone hates lawyers . . . until they need one.
Exactly.. This is a son we are talking about. Not the family cat, hamster or dog.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:28 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,241,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
The talking heads are wrong. They don't know Florida law. This law was written specifically for cases like this.
The court rules the shooting was justified. He is immune from civil prosecution. Read the law. Zims defense says even says it cant happen. Oh they can file, there will be a hearing, but they will lose.
Indeed. You are correct.

But like jackals, it seems the opportunistic weasels will try to capitalize on their son's death. One has to wonder where were these "caring" parents when the kid went and got a gold grill? Where were they when the kid was posting images of himself holding a gun... smoking weed?

At the root of the entire matter, perhaps if they had properly raised the kid in the first place, he wouldn't have turned out into becoming the delinquent that he did.

Perhaps it is the Parents who should be paying a settlement, to cover all the administrative, court, law enforcement, and lost productivity costs associated with this fiasco. It was, after all, by implication of the jury's verdict, their kid who initiated the physical altercation.

Back in the day, parents were held accountable for the actions of their minor children. Sadly, in this "Liberalized" and "Victimhood" day-in-age, parents aren't held accountable for the misbehavior of their offspring anymore.

I say the State of Florida should send the parents a big, fat, f*cking bill in the mail.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Indeed. You are correct.

But like jackals, it seems the opportunistic weasels will try to capitalize on their son's death. One has to wonder where were these "caring" parents when the kid went and got a gold grill? Where were they when the kid was posting images of himself holding a gun... smoking weed?

At the root of the entire matter, perhaps if they had properly raised the kid in the first place, he wouldn't have turned out into becoming the delinquent that he did.

Perhaps it is the Parents who should be paying a settlement, to cover all the administrative, court, law enforcement, and lost productivity costs associated with this fiasco. It was, after all, by implication of the jury's verdict, their kid who initiated the physical altercation.

Back in the day, parents were held accountable for the actions of their minor children. Sadly, in this "Liberalized" and "Victimhood" day-in-age, parents aren't held accountable for the misbehavior of their offspring anymore.

I say the State of Florida should send the parents a big, fat, f*cking bill in the mail.
Don't hold your breath. It will never happen.

Can you not find it within yourself to have ANY empathy for parents who lost a child?

None?

Because there are many, many teen-agers who like to smoke pot and have sex with girls. I'm guessing they aren't all black. OR dead.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:38 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
He was NOT in jail!!!
Some people eat when stressed. That's my guess, that he was stress eating the last year and a half. I have done that myself when I'm so upset I don't know what to do. Some people lose their appetite; some eat to try to soothe themselves.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:40 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:

Yes, I do know. I the exact same situation I would think it was justified, if my son attacked someone, bashed their head into concrete and broke their nose, and they shot him in self defense. That's the difference between me and TM's family. If I knew my son had it coming, I'd admit it.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:56 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,967,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post

Walking down the street talking to your girlfriend on the phone while going to get a slurpee is not misbehaving. Trayvon was not doing any misbehaving that warranted a stranger following him carrying a gun and intimidating him. Zimmerman was a fool and idiot chasing after somebody calling them a punk and ahole when he didn't know what the flock he was talking about. I'm GLAD he will have to live the rest of his life in the same fear he unfairly subjected Trayvon to that night. His fear is his reaping of the fear he sowed. May his fear continue as a constant reminder of the fear he subjected Trayvon to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies