Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 03:04 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

That has to be the most hilariously pathetic sentence I've read in ANY of these threads since the event took place over a year ago!

You should get some sort of award for that one. Seriously. That was remarkable.
You say that on a regular basis. Kinda loses it's luster.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
This is just a tragic situation in which two dumb*****es engaged each other and one ended up dead. Without a shadow of doubt GZ is an idiot, but TM should have had the clerk at the 7-Eleven call the police (or even his dad) if he thought someone was following him. He decided to confront him and assault him. Not smart in a state that you can CCW. There never is justice for idiots, whether they win or lose the case. Because, they are idiots . . .
That's what I think it was. Either could have backed down, neither would, they got in a brawl that they took too far.

Lack of witnesses also made this a bad case.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:06 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,693,806 times
I'm going to leave this thread at this, I don't think either were in the right. I think GZ initiated the fight and TM might have escalated it, but no one had to be killed.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:06 PM

23,850 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
They could not care less about that. The only thing they see is the color of the skin.
Really? Does anyone actually think that way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Righties were caught in a bind also, defend a Mestizo looking Hispanic or defend a Black kid, in the end they went wit the lighter skin complexion.
Sadly, it appears that you were right, Scotty.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:08 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I'm going to leave this thread at this, I don't think either were in the right. I think GZ initiated the fight and TM might have escalated it, but no one had to be killed.
Pretty sure TM escalated, but the punishment for fighting should not be death , if it was almost every guy I know would be dead.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:12 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I used to walk home through the neighbors back yards all the time. He was also simply walking down the street when Zimmerman first started following him.
He was hanging around a house, on the grass, and when gz drove by, and stopped his car, tm followed gz. TM was looking for an open window or door to borrow an umbrella.

imo.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:14 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,532 times
Quote:
Proving beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman was guilty of murder is almost impossible, it's also very difficult to prove manslaughter due to the fact that best witness is dead.

Although the defense didn't use stand your ground, the jury were given stand your ground instructions when making their decisions, and stand your ground allows use of deadly force if you "feel" your life is in danger, even if it isn't.

Prosecution shouldn't have charged him with involuntary manslaughter, would have been much easier to prove. Their star witness also didn't help their case and made it about race.
Face reality, the prosecution lost, and properly so, because they had NO CASE whatsoever.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:16 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,532 times
Quote:
Pretty sure TM escalated, but the punishment for fighting should not be death , if it was almost every guy I know would be dead.
First of all, Martin's death wasn't "punshment', it was the result of Lawfull and proper self-defense. Second, it wasn't fighting, it was a brutal and brutish attack. Lower the Hate Shields and let the truth come in.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:17 PM

798 posts, read 1,033,642 times
Both of them did the wrong thing. GZ should've announced himself and let TM know that he had a gun before doing anything else. TM should have answered GZ's questions or just continued walking home. A case of two guys with too much testosterone thinking they had something to prove. But there are too many assumptions.

This is what I know:

- TM was walking home from 7-11.
- GZ saw him and called the police.
- GZ got out of his car.
- A fight happened.
- GZ shot Trayvon.

Other than that everything is a bunch of speculation. I do not know who started the fight, I do not know what was said, but I know that one of them is dead, and the other will have to live his life in fear. And this situation could've been easily avoided by GZ informing Trayvon why he was following him, and Trayvon staying neutral and just telling what was up or ignoring him. It's all very sad, but what's even sadder is people jumping to conclusions without facts. ON BOTH SIDES.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:17 PM

23,850 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
And I'm getting tired of people just assuming Trayvon was a thug, but we're both going to have to deal with those rumors, aren't we?
WTF is wrong with your logic process?

Getting out of your car is not a crime. It is not illegal. It's one random action of many - taken by both people involved that night - that led to the death of Martin. Zimmerman's decision to exit the car is equal to Martin's decision to go to the store in the rain as far as causation goes.

There are no "rumors" involved. I didn't mention the word "thug" - you did. I've been dealing almost exclusively in facts since this story broke. I've injected my opinion a few times, but by and large, what I've posted on this topic has been based on the facts of the case and my knowledge of self defense and concealed carry laws, which is probably more extensive than yours, and is certainly more extensive than the vast majority of the people posting on this topic, as I have concealed carry permits in three states, including Florida, and have studied the laws in each of those states as well as those in other states that honor my permits.

This case appeared to be a textbook self defense case from day one, and there's not a single piece of evidence that I've learned about that has suggested otherwise. No rumors. No assumptions. Just the facts, ma'am. You can "deal with" whatever you like, however you like, but I'm going to stick to the facts, and the facts never once indicated that it was anything other than a clean shoot.

Deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies