Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 11:56 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times

Advertisements

I posted this elsewhere but I think that it deserves it's own 'special thread'!

Quote:
Alan Dershowitz says the DOJ doesn’t normally investigate civil rights violations of one person to another because a single person cannot violate the civil rights of another unless they work for the local, state, or federal government.

So, he says, Zimmerman couldn’t have violated the civil rights of Trayvon Martin.

But he does agree that there should be a civil right violation investigation by the DOJ, but of Florida Prosecutor Angela Corey. He says by charing Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder and hiding from the judge the evidence that contradicted that charge, she violated George Zimmerman’s rights.

There’s much more:
BOOM! Alan Dershowitz says DOJ SHOULD investigate civil rights violations…of George Zimmerman by Angela Corey » The Right Scoop -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 12:00 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
I think any reasonable person who watched the trial would agree that it was a witch hunt. Those that still want to see "Justice for Trayvon", don't really want justice at all.. Justice ends with the close of a trial. What they really want is revenge. It's tragic that so many don't seem to understand the difference between the two.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:33 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
He's been right so far. The only TV lawyer I follow is Dan Abrams and he said fed charges are a pipe dream but if it helps keep the ranting and raving mob occupied let them sign petitions.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:35 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
There are always 'hate crime' charges.

But there's no evidence for those either. That shouldn't stop Obama.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:41 AM

348 posts, read 336,581 times
Interesting read [video, too!], thanks. Dershowitz is well spoken.

It's so sad that this mock trial has split this country the way it has.
I realize there's racism, white racism, going on in America. Daily.

Surely, there must be better cases than this one though...
Kinda hard to feel sorry for a racist thug who assaults a neighborhood watch guy....

Last edited by SquareWheel; 07-15-2013 at 04:58 AM..

Old 07-15-2013, 04:50 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
While I do agree with the jury, there was insufficient evidence to rule murder beyond as reasonable doubt, I also think racial profiling was at play and a civil rights violation would be a slam dunk to prove.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:53 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
While I do agree with the jury, there was insufficient evidence to rule murder beyond as reasonable doubt, I also think racial profiling was at play and a civil rights violation would be a slam dunk to prove.

You THINK it happened yet NO EVIDENCE shows that. Unless you mean racial profiling by Martin who profiled Zimmerman as a cracker.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:54 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareWheel View Post
Interesting read, thanks.

It's so sad that this mock trial has split this country the way it has.
I realize there's racism, white racism, going on in America. Daily.

Surely, there must be better cases than this one though...
Kinda hard to feel sorry for a racist thug who assaults a neighborhood watch guy....
And you know Martin was a racist thug exactly how?
Because that's what you've decided he was?

Old 07-15-2013, 05:01 AM

348 posts, read 336,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And you know Martin was a racist thug exactly how?
Because that's what you've decided he was?
You really don't know, do you?
Wow. A year and a half later, you're still clueless.

Calling someone a creepy ass cracker seems racist to me.
Selling and buying illegal guns, and smoking weed seems thuggish to me.

Trayvon's Tweets:

RT @ReesyyLaTootieB: Hahaha Hoe u got USED fa yo loose ass p*ssy.! Tighten up.! #Literally

RT @fukunurhoexxx: #youthetype of b*tch that give up your p*ssy for free and think its cool #p*ssyaintfree #fb

RT @TheSoleManSB: We in need of some trees … Wea tha weed man

RT @MisunderstoodC_: Get high to balance out the lows

RT @___xMaxDee: I got game for you young hoes, don’t grow to be a dumm hoe

RT @Bombshelll_: “@La_VidaBella: I’ll beat the pu**sy up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up”

RT @iTeachSEXOLOGY: d*ck slipping out when you got her in doggy? Either u trying to long stroke wit a short d*ck or she need to arch tha …

RT @Mitchell_Garcia: I’ll slap a girl if she said suck my toes wtf, she must be giving some great dome
for some sh*t like that òÕ òÕ òÕ

RT @ThatBitchJenny_: A f*ck n*gga is FOREVER a f*ck n*gga! Fu*ck ‘em!

RT @iAmCartoonFYF: 6 Pound 7 Pound 8 Pound #KUSH

RT @GrandadJFreeman: You know you high AF when you stop at a stop sign and wait for it to turn green

U WANNA SEE SUM CASH? WELL LEMME SEE SUM ASS

RT @KissMeEndlessly: puss ass crackas .

RT @TheyHATEShAHeED: Its crazy how i was jus pissed off,snappin…then i smoked..now im happy ha

RT @stillblazingtho: If you don’t like #weed. #YoureNotMyType

RT @SheIs_UNdefined: & When Im On That SMOKE, Im Going Super-HAM!

Its a new year lets make some changes…… f*ck dat wea da weedman at??

RT @KimmyBtchhh: Some of y’all need a Blunt!

RT @stillblazingtho: R E T W E E T If you smoke #weed.

RT @PrettyMeStarr: White People’(s) Call Police , Black People’(s) Call There Cousin

Pictures taken from Baby Tray's phone. After he leapt out of some bushes yelling, "You gonna die tonight!"

Rest well, sweet prince!

Old 07-15-2013, 05:06 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareWheel View Post
You really don't know, do you?
Wow. A year and a half later, you're still clueless.

Calling someone a creepy ass cracker seems racist to me.
Selling and buying illegal guns, and smoking weed seems thuggish to me.

Trayvon's Tweets:

RT @ReesyyLaTootieB: Hahaha Hoe u got USED fa yo loose ass p*ssy.! Tighten up.! #Literally

RT @fukunurhoexxx: #youthetype of b*tch that give up your p*ssy for free and think its cool #p*ssyaintfree #fb

RT @TheSoleManSB: We in need of some trees … Wea tha weed man

RT @MisunderstoodC_: Get high to balance out the lows

RT @___xMaxDee: I got game for you young hoes, don’t grow to be a dumm hoe

RT @Bombshelll_: “@La_VidaBella: I’ll beat the pu**sy up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up up”

RT @iTeachSEXOLOGY: d*ck slipping out when you got her in doggy? Either u trying to long stroke wit a short d*ck or she need to arch tha …

RT @Mitchell_Garcia: I’ll slap a girl if she said suck my toes wtf, she must be giving some great dome
for some sh*t like that òÕ òÕ òÕ

RT @ThatBitchJenny_: A f*ck n*gga is FOREVER a f*ck n*gga! Fu*ck ‘em!

RT @iAmCartoonFYF: 6 Pound 7 Pound 8 Pound #KUSH

RT @GrandadJFreeman: You know you high AF when you stop at a stop sign and wait for it to turn green

U WANNA SEE SUM CASH? WELL LEMME SEE SUM ASS

RT @KissMeEndlessly: puss ass crackas .

RT @TheyHATEShAHeED: Its crazy how i was jus pissed off,snappin…then i smoked..now im happy ha

RT @stillblazingtho: If you don’t like #weed. #YoureNotMyType

RT @SheIs_UNdefined: & When Im On That SMOKE, Im Going Super-HAM!

Its a new year lets make some changes…… f*ck dat wea da weedman at??

RT @KimmyBtchhh: Some of y’all need a Blunt!

RT @stillblazingtho: R E T W E E T If you smoke #weed.

RT @PrettyMeStarr: White People’(s) Call Police , Black People’(s) Call There Cousin

Pictures taken from Baby Tray's phone. After he leapt out of some bushes yelling, "You gonna die tonight!"

Rest well, sweet prince!
But he was just a nice little child!!!! Too bad the media allows the ignorant to continue to think this Martin guy was just a nice, decent little boy. They also havent reported on what was found on his phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies