Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 01:39 PM

89,601 posts, read 45,245,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The GZ case certainly isn't the deciding factor of race relations in America. However, IF you truly believe that racism was eliminated prior to (or subsequent to) President Obama ~ I have some lakefront property I'd like to sell you.
The media and Democrats ABSOLUTELY DEPENDED on stoking racism to get Obama elected.

Remember this?
'Call Them Racists'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 01:59 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,101,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
if we did leave, america would be on
a respirator and soon dead not long
after.
ooh I have to hear the explanation to this one. So, if all African Americans left for what they deem as "greener pastures" then America would fail? Please do tell.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:04 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,482,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The correct spelling is "know", not "no". Also, I've been to Africa (Egypt, Tunisia, & Morocco). Work with people from Africa. Very hard working and studious. They're disgusted by the American hip hop culture shown by blacks in America. They express frustration that they live here with access to education, food, and opportunities and they throw it away to act like the vicious warlord troops killing and raping.
I don't think African-Americans realize how unusual many aspects of their culture is to the rest of the world. Of That's not to say hip-hop isn't popular globally.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:07 PM

639 posts, read 825,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Oh really. Well maybe you can start a thread about that. Akon, a BLACK man, stated that blacks would be better off moving back to Africa so they can live like royalty and not put up with racist America. I have no issue with that. Hell, I welcome it. Akon, pack your bags, and leave all the cash youve made off white America and get your ass out of here. Take Sharpton and as many liberal race hustlers with you as possible.
Let me ask you and everyone on this board a serious question and please answer truthfully and put the pride aside. I will respect everyones answer. WHO STARTED RACISM IN THE FIRST? I would like to believe that if it had NEVER been a problem in the beginning we probably would'nt be having this problem today. Please answer truthfully and respectfully. Thank You

Old 07-15-2013, 02:11 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,453,764 times
Default Akon?

Who is Akon and who the hell cares what he thinks?

Old 07-15-2013, 02:12 PM

28,226 posts, read 37,022,764 times
Quote:
Akon speaks out on George Zimmerman case

LOL The comments from "celebs" just get dumber and dumber. I guess this dope doesnt know much about Africa today. But please, take your own advice and move. And leave behind all the money youve made from white people/Americans. We'll see how long you last.

I guess he forgot about where the slavery of blacks started as well.
Akon's family is from Senegal and he partially grew up there, so he has pretty current knowledge. His family probably made their money there. Here was pretty well off growing up.

FYI Africa is not a country.

BTW:
These are places in Africa as well -
South Africa -
Nigeria -
Ethiopia -

And this is the US

Quote:
[And leave behind all the money youve made from white people/Americans. We'll see how long you last.

What about those Asians who are racking up cash in the US, by getting educated at American universities, cashing in at American companies, and then returning home to live in the lack of luxury. Do you have same level of animosity towards them, or is it limited to black people?

U.S.-Born Chinese, Back in China to Set Up Shop - Scene Asia - WSJ
How China's 'sea turtles' will crush the US economy | GlobalPost

Old 07-15-2013, 02:21 PM

370 posts, read 248,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
Let me ask you and everyone on this board a serious question and please answer truthfully and put the pride aside. I will respect everyones answer. WHO STARTED RACISM IN THE FIRST? I would like to believe that if it had NEVER been a problem in the beginning we probably would'nt be having this problem today. Please answer truthfully and respectfully. Thank You
Who cares?
racism has been used to the point that it's meaningless. All humans have preferences toward their own kind...because one prefers his own race or culture doesn't make anyone a "racist"...it's a term invented by the communist jew Lev Bronstein (Leon Trotsky) to describe that phenomenon.
It's been co opted by certain segments in america and distorted to marginalize or discredit someone they don't agree with.

Here's a definition I found amusing;

racism (noun)

An undetectable (but unquestionably real ) “systemic, societal, institutional, omnipresent, and epistemologically embedded phenomenon that pervades every vestige of our reality†(in the words of Negro scholar Omowale Akintunde), which somehow forces brown-skinned people to fail out of school, smoke crack, not get a job, abandon their kids, contract AIDS, commit every crime at a staggering rate, underperform on culturally unbiased tests of highly heritable cognitive abilities, and generally act like a bunch of goddamn jungle savages, thus making them seem inferior to whites in every way outside of certain sports, or at least certain positions in certain sports (and to which Asians are somehow, mysteriously immune). Usually rendered blatant racism.
In minorities, the leading cause of depression, death, animal and child abuse, tears, impotence, low self-esteem, persistent whining, and congestive heart failure.
Literally the worst thing in the entire world.

racist
(adjective)
  1. Expressing, suggesting, or hinting at discomforting truths about race.
  2. Failing to sufficiently denigrate and discriminate against whites.
  3. Directed at a white person by a non-white person: causing the speaker, or some (actual or hypothetical) like-race individual, to feel (or suspect that he may feel) unwanted, uncared for, unlikeable, uneasy, uncomfortable, upset, angry, guilty, hurt, cross, inferior, or stupid in some way, usually by the offending party being racist (def. 1), being racist (def. 2), Derogatory. Punishable by death in most jurisdictions. Often rendered raciss, as in you raciss and das raciss.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
yeah it does, and it really exists in the black community as well but of course the left never acknowledges this or holds them accountable. When it comes down to race and defending their own, blacks will defend their own against other non-blacks, right or wrong.
Racism requires power. If you are not in power, you can't be racist. This does not exempt you from being prejudice, biased, or discriminatory. These are not all the same things.

Last edited by jade408; 07-15-2013 at 02:45 PM..

Old 07-15-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
As for racism, how can they continue to scream racism when they have a black president, elected twice? If it weren't for the the white vote, Obama would not be in office.
Wake me up when our electorate more reflects the countries racial dynamic, then maybe I will believe racism is over. Or when sentencing is equal across all groups for crimes.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:26 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,530,500 times
Quote:
Akon speaks out on George Zimmerman case

LOL The comments from "celebs" just get dumber and dumber. I guess this dope doesnt know much about Africa today. But please, take your own advice and move. And leave behind all the money youve made from white people/Americans. We'll see how long you last.

Akon is of African descent. he is a first generation immigrant, so I guess he knows more about Africa, which is made up of many countries btw, than you.

"Akon was born in St. Louis, and spent much of his childhood in the West African country Senegal, which he describes as his "hometown". "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies