Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 08:25 AM

596 posts, read 730,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
There's so much bull in this post I'd be surprised if your fingers don't stink from typing it. You can not produce one video clip of them showing over the top emotion, calling for retribution or vengeance. They have conducted themselves with grace and restraint under very trying circumstances.
Exactly! Honestly, it seems like certain people have a lot of animosity towards Trayvon's parents, and I have no idea why. They have been a class act and very humble throughout all of this. I've never once seen them get loud or overly emotional in any way. They were the epitome of strength and composure. But for some reason, certain people want to drag them through the mud just as they did with their son's reputation. Hell, most of the time it seemed like Trayvon was the one on trial instead of the SOB who shot him. These parents are grieving the loss of their child, and some people act like they should just shrug it off and move on like it's no big deal. I don't even know what to say about some of these people. They disgust me.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:29 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Exactly! Honestly, it seems like certain people have a lot of animosity towards Trayvon's parents, and I have no idea why. They have been a class act and very humble throughout all of this. I've never once seen them get loud or overly emotional in any way. They were the epitome of strength and composure. But for some reason, certain people want to drag them through the mud just as they did with their son's reputation. Hell, most of the time it seemed like Trayvon was the one on trial instead of the SOB who shot him. These parents are grieving the loss of their child, and some people act like they should just shrug it off and move on like it's no big deal. I don't even know what to say about some of these people. They disgust me.
"Disgust" isn't even a strong enough word. But you have to keep in mind the nature of this forum.

Minorities, gays and women are the enemy to most of these posters. This kind of persecution of a crime victim is not unusual if the victim is anything but a white male. Of course in this case they try to camouflage all this by claiming that Zimmerman is black, or hispanic, or Martian. But it's still all the same thing.

You should have read the thread on the Steubenville rape victim.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:33 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetlord View Post
OJ was acquitted by the law and declared innocent of murder. And then they sued him for wrongful death, convicting him, civilly.
I'm well aware of that. Civil actions are not the same as criminal cases. It is actually kind of ironic that if O.J. had not lost in the civil suit and a $$$ award given to the families, very likely O.J. would not have committed the crime he later committed and for which he is now in prison.

Btw, the law does NOT "declare" anyone "innocent" by acquittal in a criminal case. The VERDICT FORM reads simply "not guilty"....that means the State failed to prove their case. It does not mean "INNOCENT" by any stretch of the imagination.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:33 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am convinced that conservatives lack the ability for empathy. Whether it is arguing for letting the sick suffer without health care, the unemployed lose everything they have labored for, or the mentally ill be left to lie in the streets, conservatives seem to find it impossible to step into the shoes of others and feel their pain. In fact, I think it is the singular hallmark of the conservative mindset. So no, these people who post such things are incapable of feeling what the parents whose child has been taken from them the way this event unfolded are feeling. They simply can not empathize; it is impossible for them. They just do not get it.
Never were truer words spoken.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:37 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Funny, isn't it? It was Mr. George Zimmerman that committed perjury when he and the Mrs. lied to the court about the funds they had as they were using it to pay of credit card debt.

George Zimmerman's wife charged with perjury
Ooopsie. The wife is accused of or charged with perjury. Do you have her convicted already ?

Rachel committed perjury. When will charges be filed against her. Never.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:39 AM

17,395 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
It's my impression, too, that it is not the parents calling for federal investigation/charges. As far as I know, the parents have remained silent other than the tweets by the father about their love for Trayvon.

IMO, the only reason folks are making such vicious comments, etc., about the parents is they certainly appear to have a need to continue say nasty things about these black people. We absolutely do NOT live in a post-racial world, and WE ALL KNOW that the black population is not the population who EVER had the power to enslave whites or lynch them on the courthouse lawns under the law. People forget that not so long ago, a black man in Texas was tied to the back of a pickup truck and dragged behind it for miles and he died a horrible death. Of course, that was Texas. In Florida not so many years ago a black man was found hanging from a tree in I think it was Belle Glade, FL, and the authorities found that the cause of death was suicide, for gods sake!!! Seem to me that there is an abundance of evidence in these Zimmerman threads ALONE to determine there are many white racists still out there alive and continuing to teach their hate to their children.

For those of you who will undoubtedly start whining about the "race card".......It's the reality of the world too many people still live in, and it is not a "race card," it's a FACT.
It was suicide.

Jacksonville.com: FDLE: No credible evidence hanging was anything but suicide 9/17/03

It's irresponsible of you to try and fan the flames with a racially charged, and blatantly false, statement.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:42 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
When this trial started and all during the trial the parents of Trayvon gave the impression of a class act, stated repeatedly all they wanted was the case to be heard and would respect the verdict of the jury.

Well, seems like that is out the window, so much for respecting the verdict. Request for DOJ investigation although the FBI has investigated this to death and a possible civil suit?
Let's remember, they've already collected a boat load of money AND a jury has spoken.

Do they want justice or money? They've already gotten one with the trial not to mention a trial that was way bigger in scope than most people get so what's the end game here?
Let's put it this way: how would YOU react & feel if someone killed your unarmed kid who was walking through the neighborhood?

Why does NO ONE on here EVER try to empathize with others? Are you all really that selfish?

Old 07-15-2013, 08:42 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm not sure when or why, but Eventually a msm news organization will crack. The facts about the parents and tm's life will come out. Though those facts won't change any opinions, the charade will be exposed.
The "facts" about TM's life or the gossip about a teenage boy from a good family?

Do you believe everything you read on the Internet and social media?? "The facts about the parents and tm's life"........dear god! If those "stories" about the Martin family and TM were not already out there, HOW do you know them? Do you have an inside track none of us have, or do you have a crystal ball telling you things no media outlet has ever released?

Old 07-15-2013, 08:48 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
When this trial started and all during the trial the parents of Trayvon gave the impression of a class act, stated repeatedly all they wanted was the case to be heard and would respect the verdict of the jury.

Well, seems like that is out the window, so much for respecting the verdict. Request for DOJ investigation although the FBI has investigated this to death and a possible civil suit?
Let's remember, they've already collected a boat load of money AND a jury has spoken.

Do they want justice or money? They've already gotten one with the trial not to mention a trial that was way bigger in scope than most people get so what's the end game here?
Guess you had no problem when Ron Goldman's family brought a civil suit against OJ and was awarded $33,500,000 in damages.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:51 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Ooopsie. The wife is accused of or charged with perjury. Do you have her convicted already ?

Rachel committed perjury. When will charges be filed against her. Never.

I woulnd't count on that. LYING, repeatedly and under other oath, in order to put an innocent man in prision for decades, is a pretty substantial crime. Any court system worth anything would prosecute. And in a just world, the Justice Department would prosecute for violating someone's civil rights. Like that's going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies