Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 11:43 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
most people who use this quote fail to add the rest of it. which is when he thinks of trayvon he thinks of his own children. the man was talking like a parent.
Nice spin, but changes nil, nought.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:43 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
That Twitter feed is the only one reporting riot gear and they haven't posted a link yet. The other news outlets are saying
Quote:
Little Rock police are on the scene of a shooting that involved an officer, spokesman Sgt. Cassandra Davis said.

The shooting occurred Monday morning at the intersection of 12th and Jefferson streets.

Arkansas Online has a reporter on the scene; we'll update with more information soon.

Another news outlet is saying
Quote:
LITTLE ROCK (KATV) - A routine traffic stop Monday turned into a chase and ended with an officer-involved shooting.

Sgt. Cassandra Davis said the man was pulled over for a traffic stop near the corner of 12th Street and Jefferson but he ran behind a building. She would not give further details about what escalated the situation into a shooting but did confirm that the suspect was dead.

Because the shooting happened behind a building, there are few witnesses who saw the entire situation.

KATV's crew on the scene reports a crowd has formed and dozens of officers have responded to keep the situation under control.

Prosecuting Attorney Larry Jegley, LRPD Chief Stuart Thomas and the police department's chaplain are all at the scene.
Guess we'll have to wait for the Twitter feed to post more info

Old 07-15-2013, 11:45 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Nice spin, but changes nil, nought.
when you take a quote and don't finish it is taking something out of context but you knew that which is why you didn't quote the entire text.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Gru

79 posts, read 82,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
No rude, no crude, just clued.
Ahh, the old Jessie Jackson and Johnny Cochran mantra... If it rhymes it must be true (I wish I could make that rhyme but I don't have the time)

Old 07-15-2013, 11:46 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gru View Post
Well the NAACP is against any black person being killed. Well, let me take that back. 93% of blacks killed were killed by other blacks. They don't care about that. They just get involved when a black person was killed by a white guy or even a person they can stretch to be a white guy, even if it was obviously self defense.

In sane times (i.e. Before Obama), the justice department would see it as an obvious self defense case and let the state handle it. This justice department, while not able to find anything after sifting through evidence for a year, will take the case though because Eric Holder is at least as racist as the NAACP.

Outrage Misplaced in Zimmerman Verdict

There was a time in American history when black outrage was valid. And there are still things in our society that call for outrage. But the black community should look inward. Their outrage should not be with George Zimmerman. Their outrage should be with the political circus staged by self-serving race-baiters.

Outrage Misplaced in Zimmerman Verdict | www.independentsentinel.com

Old 07-15-2013, 11:46 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Quote:
Sorry, I don't know what that means. Please explain.
Zimmie lost (placed) his keychain flashlight at the T-intersection.

His large flashlight was found next to the body 40 feet from the T.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:47 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Al Sharpton plans George Zimmerman protests - He says he's confident continued pressure will result in a federal civil rights case.

Sharpton and others like him are convinced that they can bring enough pressure on Obama & Holder to ignore the Law, ignore the trial by jury & the verdict ....... just because they don't like the verdict.
Sharpton is the biggest racist of them all, why you say? Because if he didn't cause all these problems, he'd be out of a job....he thrives on this stuff....

Old 07-15-2013, 11:48 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Well the NAACP is against any black person being killed. Well, let me take that back. 93% of blacks killed were killed by other blacks. They don't care about that. They just get involved when a black person was killed by a white guy or even a person they can stretch to be a white guy, even if it was obviously self defense.

In sane times (i.e. Before Obama), the justice department would see it as an obvious self defense case and let the state handle it. This justice department, while not able to find anything after sifting through evidence for a year, will take the case though because Eric Holder is at least as racist as the NAACP.
Unfortunately, you speak the truth here.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Gru

79 posts, read 82,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear30 View Post
Anyone with a head on their shoulders and an understanding of the case knows that George Zimmerman was profiling Martin and that profiling was in part based on Martin's blackness. That's why it could be a civil rights case. But you haters can go on being willfully obtuse--you get a lot of pleasure from it. Who am I to deny you? Go on saying that "race had nothing to do with it." Do you know what exposes you as racists? That comment! There is nothing in this country that race has nothing to do with. NOTHING.
Oh I see your error. You believed NBC when they first reported that Zimmerman said:
"This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black."

What was actually said was this:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

NBC got caught, and will hopefully get reamed for that. I'm sure with your news sources you don't hear that side.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:52 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Quote:
Well the NAACP is against any black person being killed.
Murdered.
So, you support the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Creepy People?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies