Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 01:13 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Even if we give TM all the benefit of doubt he was no longer defending himself when he was on top of GZ and the neighbors told him to stop. At that point he was engaged in assault and GZ did have the right to defend himself from assault.

Then there is the whole issue of who was calling for help. Either TM was calling for help while beating up GZ or GZ was calling for help while getting beat up.
The neighbor yelled "cut it out" one time. How do we know that quite early in the fight, which lasted all of about 43 seconds, that Trayvon did not grow aware that Zimmerman was reaching for a weapon, and was frantically trying to prevent that?

In fact, Zimmerman admitted that when he encountered Trayvon near the T, that he reached for his phone in his pocket. Trayvon may well have thought Zimmerman was reaching for a weapon, which would explain him defending himself. We have only Zimmerman's word that he started reaching for his phone, how do we know that Zimmerman didn't raise his jacket to show he was armed. We only have Zimmerman's word, and he's a liar.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Gru

79 posts, read 82,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
She was damn good?! She was a terrible witness, barely able to communicate.

But her very lack of smarts and sophistication makes her all the more credible in my eyes. She didn't know the layout of the complex. All of the details that emerged during the trial, she didn't know those when she first gave her testimony a year earlier!

She didn't know anything, but she never changed the substance of her story.
I was being sarcastic. Yes, she was terrible. Her communication was bad, but that wasn't what made her a bad witness. What made her a bad witness is because she lied over and over again!

Old 07-15-2013, 01:15 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
GZ was the adult carrying a concealed weapon and the consequences of his racial profiling, confronting, and antagonizing TM, were foreseeable. It was foreseeable by GZ that he would use his gun and shoot the boy if an altercation ensued, and he chose to make that altercation happen so he could shoot him. GZ spotted a black kid who became the object of his utter disdain and hatred of blacks. He initiated a confrontation with the boy so he could shoot him.

Put another way, GZ hid his weapon from TM's view, so that the boy would feel bolder about standing up for himself against this racist and bigoted adult man who was stalking and harrassing him. GZ even allowed the boy to appear to have the upper hand in the altercation, so that simple-minded GZ supporters would claim that GZ was "fighting to defend his life."

GZ could've shown TM his weapon BEFORE things got out of hand. Had he done this, it is doubtful that TM would've attempted to fight an armed man. Any idiot knows that if you're unarmed and the other person is armed, you stand virtually no chance. TM was no idiot, but neither was GZ. GZ purposely didn't show TM his weapon because he wanted that altercation to happen to facilitate the foreseeable and deadly conclusion (shooting).

GZ got his wish. The altercation happened, he produced his weapon, and TM fled with GZ in hot pursuit. Here again, GZ had a choice. Now with the "threat" no longer there, he simply could've just "called it in", not pursue the boy and shoot him. But the beady-eyed conniver had other plans. He pursued the boy then shot him. The threat had been neutralized and was no longer present, yet he used deadly force. His claim of "self-defense" was no longer justified when TM fled, so GZ exceeded the scope of that defense. His actions were those of someone with a depraved heart, and there was no justification for the shooting. He's a supremely ignorant racist who got away with killing a boy simply because of his racist views about black people.

This cannot stand.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
She added the critical "get off, get off" that wasn't in the original statements.

I agree, that was a bit questionable. But I lean more towards her failing to mention it in the beginning because she did not want to give statements, testify, tell Trayvon's parents what happened --- she did not want to get involved! end of story.

She rushed through her early statements, never even understanding their significance, and that I truly believe.

She was obviously not very bright. I'm not slamming her for that. I'm just saying that she did not appear very bright. She wasn't clever enough to come up with things that would dispute Zimmerman's version of things. You really think, with her deficits, that she poured over Zimmerman's statements and realized key things she could say that would dispute his version?

Old 07-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Gru

79 posts, read 82,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The neighbor yelled "cut it out" one time. How do we know that quite early in the fight, which lasted all of about 43 seconds, that Trayvon did not grow aware that Zimmerman was reaching for a weapon, and was frantically trying to prevent that?

In fact, Zimmerman admitted that when he encountered Trayvon near the T, that he reached for his phone in his pocket. Trayvon may well have thought Zimmerman was reaching for a weapon, which would explain him defending himself. We have only Zimmerman's word that he started reaching for his phone, how do we know that Zimmerman didn't raise his jacket to show he was armed. We only have Zimmerman's word, and he's a liar.
If TM was justified in attacking GZ when GZ reached into his pocket, then GZ was more than justified for shooting TM when TM was bashing GZ's head on the concrete.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gru View Post
I was being sarcastic. Yes, she was terrible. Her communication was bad, but that wasn't what made her a bad witness. What made her a bad witness is because she lied over and over again!
She never changed her story though. She never did. I think that gives it credibility. Also the early part of her testimony lines up with what Zimmerman stated, and her phone calls line up with the time line.

I think if she had been a well-spoken articulate young black woman, kind of like the law intern sitting with the defense team, her testimony would have had a different impact.

All of her lies were attempts to avoid getting involved. Another reason why I find her testimony credible. She didn't come rushing forward with it, saying, I can proved Trayvon was attacked!

Old 07-15-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gru View Post
If TM was justified in attacking GZ when GZ reached into his pocket, then GZ was more than justified for shooting TM when TM was bashing GZ's head on the concrete.
I see your point.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:33 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times
If only this guy worker this hard to bring blacks together to stop killing each other. If only , all the actors/ black rappers would unite to bring the blacks out of killing each other. We Hispanics need leaders too in our poor communities. If only someone would speak out against us killing our own races. If only.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:55 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear30 View Post
Anyone with a head on their shoulders and an understanding of the case knows that George Zimmerman was profiling Martin and that profiling was in part based on Martin's blackness. That's why it could be a civil rights case. But you haters can go on being willfully obtuse--you get a lot of pleasure from it. Who am I to deny you? Go on saying that "race had nothing to do with it." Do you know what exposes you as racists? That comment! There is nothing in this country that race has nothing to do with. NOTHING.
Are you aware that the FBI reports to the DOJ?
The FBI completed an investigation on whether Zimmerman is a "racist".FBI report: No evidence George Zimmerman is racist:
An FBI investigation into the shooting of black teenager Travyon Martin concluded that there's no evidence the suspect, George Zimmerman, was motived by racial bias or hatred.

Quote:
There is nothing in this country that race has nothing to do with. NOTHING.
I'm not all sure that the majority of the people in this country really understand that there are people like you that believe this. I know it's true, but I was not really aware of this obsession with all things "race" (until a few years ago), and that there is this enduring belief that all white people are "racists", that "all things in life have to do with race".

It's 2013, it's not the 1860's or the 1960's.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:59 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,766,426 times
Default Not for me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
God, this man needs to shut up. He keeps racism alive.
He should be on Mt. Rush more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies