Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 06:27 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,516,493 times

Advertisements

My name was Antonio West. I was the 13-month old child who was shot in the face at point blank range by two black teens, who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot.
I think my murder and my mommy’s wounding made the news for maybe a day, and then disappeared.
A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick , Georgia ruled the black teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty... too bad it was me who got the death sentence from my killers instead, because Mommy didn’t have the money they demanded.

See, my family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder wasn’t ruled a ‘hate crime’.
Oh, and President Obama didn’t take a single moment to acknowledge my murder. He couldn’t have any children who could possibly look like me - so why should he care?

I’m one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media didn’t care to cover the story of my being killed in cold blood.

There isn’t a white equivalent of Al Sharpton, because if there was he would be branded a ‘racist’. So no one’s rushing to Brunswick , Georgia to demonstrate and demand ‘justice’ for me. There’s no ‘White Panther’ party, either, to put a bounty on the lives of the two black teens who murdered me.
I have no voice, I have no representation, and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.
Isn’t this a great country?

So while you’re out seeking ‘justice for Trayvon’, please remember to seek ‘justice’ for me. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee-shirts with my face on them, and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Trayvon.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:36 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Doesn't AS realize he is disenfranchising the Latino vote?
yeah, Latinos are going to vote with the people who think singer Marc Anthony is an illegal. yeah, no.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:39 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
If anyone is serious about improving race relations in America, there should be an immediate boycott of MSNBC until they remove this racist piece of garbage from their nightly programming. He single handedly sets this country at odds with one another.
like you watch MSNBC.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:00 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
If anyone is serious about improving race relations in America, there should be an immediate boycott of MSNBC until they remove this racist piece of garbage from their nightly programming. He single handedly sets this country at odds with one another.

MSNBC is the worse of the lot, the shi- of the pot. They are the worse of the garbage news out there.

Good luck though, because garbage is here to stay, sad but true.

People thrive on that shi-t they throw out there. And crap is what they sell.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:30 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,879 times
Forget all this racial stuff - Think about how all of America was duped through their emotions into electing an inept President on the quality of the black man in America...it was a fraud...and now media and the political jerks are pulling your emotional chains once more with this Trayvon Martin killing...ask your self this one question- WHY does media post pictures of Martin as a 12 year old? Why would they do such a manipulative thing? This unfortunate death was one of a very young man who had just entered adulthood...This was NOT the killing of a black child. Let Sharpton address the huge elephant in the room- WHY is the future of black America looked up in jails...millions of young men - most of who should not be there...Let Sharpton concentrate on the real problem and forget this symbolic emotion show of indignation.

Actually this brings me to a very good point- How many judges and how many juries have sent black men away to languish in prison - when they would not have done the same to a middle class white man? That's the issue- not Martin- but the judicial system that is a business and uses young black males as fuel.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:53 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
This unfortunate death was one of a very young man who had just entered adulthood...This was NOT the killing of a black child.
What?

Trayvon was a minor. He was 17 years of age.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:40 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,691,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
What?

Trayvon was a minor. He was 17 years of age.
Think about it: the law says 17 is still a minor, but 18 is an adult. That's under the law. But the law can hold a 17-year old minor and try him as an adult. Why? Because he's not a child that doesn't know any better.

One can quibble over the designation of minor vs. adult, but fact is that a 17 year old is no longer a "child".

Old 07-21-2013, 05:47 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Think about it: the law says 17 is still a minor, but 18 is an adult. That's under the law. But the law can hold a 17-year old minor and try him as an adult. Why? Because he's not a child that doesn't know any better.

One can quibble over the designation of minor vs. adult, but fact is that a 17 year old is no longer a "child".
Maybe a potentially dangerous child?

Old 07-21-2013, 05:55 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

There is no quibble about it. Have sex with a minor, then tell the Judge not to quibble about her age.

There is no fact that a 17 year old is not a child. Trayvon will always be his parent's child. I will alway be my parent's child. You are your parents child.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:13 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,691,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post

There is no fact that a 17 year old is not a child. Trayvon will always be his parent's child. I will alway be my parent's child. You are your parents child.
Good example of quibbling. So, if you're 30 years old, you are still a child?

Being someone's child is not the same as being a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies