Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
As a Black man I have to lol, at all the "outrage" from blacks, liberals, and the liberal media, about the how the Travon Martin trail verdict. but you don't here a peep out of most of these people at the slaughter of young black men by other black men going on in Chicago right now(and other urban areas). If Geoarge Zimmerman was black and had shot and killed Treyvon Martin(for whatever reason) that trial wouldn't have gotten 30 seconds on the news, there would be any protest. I guess black people who get murdered don't count unless its by "whitey". Where the Outrage for Chicago, where's the mass protest, where's those clowns Jesse Jackson, and Al sharpton? When is President Obama going to address the violence is Chicago? When I go out, I don't worry about being harmed by a white person, I'm more worried about somebody who looks like me putting a bullet in my back.

72 Shot in Chicago in Wave of Holiday Weekend Violence | NBC Chicago

Chicago shootings violence July 14 to 15: 2 killed in city attacks - chicagotribune.com

Chicago Gun Violence: 5 Killed, 16 Wounded Over Weekend As Marchers Plead For Peace
the fact that you are quoting articles from the liberal media destroys your argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
White Supremacy Acquits George Zimmerman | The Nation

lol liberalism is rotting liberals brains.
Is this any different than that of Conservatives and their arguments of "white guilt"/"black loathing" ?

pot meet kettle.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:28 AM

596 posts, read 730,299 times
Quote:
As a Black man I have to lol, at all the "outrage" from blacks, liberals, and the liberal media, about the how the Travon Martin trail verdict. but you don't here a peep out of most of these people at the slaughter of young black men by other black men going on in Chicago right now(and other urban areas). If Geoarge Zimmerman was black and had shot and killed Treyvon Martin(for whatever reason) that trial wouldn't have gotten 30 seconds on the news, there would be any protest. I guess black people who get murdered don't count unless its by "whitey". Where the Outrage for Chicago, where's the mass protest, where's those clowns Jesse Jackson, and Al sharpton? When is President Obama going to address the violence is Chicago? When I go out, I don't worry about being harmed by a white person, I'm more worried about somebody who looks like me putting a bullet in my back.

Chicago shootings violence July 14 to 15: 2 killed in city attacks - chicagotribune.com

Chicago Gun Violence: 5 Killed, 16 Wounded Over Weekend As Marchers Plead For Peace
You've posted links to the so-called "liberal media" sites with stories about black on black crime in order to prove your point that the liberal media doesn't cover black on black crime. Alrighty then.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:29 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
the fact that you are quoting articles from the liberal media destroys your argument.
Are you going to address the issuse or stick your head in the sand like most liberals?

Old 07-15-2013, 10:30 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
White Supremacy Acquits George Zimmerman | The Nation

lol liberalism is rotting liberals brains.
Woodward and Bernstein must be ashamed of what the American press corp has devolved into. The days of investigative reporting are gone, as media in this country has become arms of the political parties.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:31 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
You've posted links to the so-called "liberal media" sites with stories about black on black crime in order to prove your point that the liberal media doesn't cover black on black crime. Alrighty then.
So me where the lame stream media has done extensive coverage like they have for the Zimmerman trail. Trying to delect from the issue is not going to work.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Gru

79 posts, read 82,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Where is the faux outrage from the Black community for the violence in Chicago?

Mainstream media is not concerned with black-ob-black murder. To them it's not news.
Whitey must kill black for their agenda. That's the politically correct thing to do. 6% of
blacks are killed by whites, 94% of blacks are killed by blacks, it's hard to sensationalize
that so they ignore it.
I hope the Zimmerman suit against NBC expands to all mainstream media and all their lies & half truths. Make it a big class action suit and bring them all down - starting with Media Matters.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:36 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Are you going to address the issuse or stick your head in the sand like most liberals?
I'll address it, but you already know how I am. The issue in Chicago is a local issue that has a lot more to do with drugs and money than it does with race (which is little). It has gone on for so long in Chicago that sadly, it's now ignored. Suburban kids fuel a demand for heroin and other drugs. The crooks and gangbangers have all their sales points set up in neighborhoods within walking distance of Metra and El trains. It is a very serious business. If you ever hear of a random person found in a trunk, it is almost always the result of someone screwing with a customer.

In turn, we have a situation where the suburbs, trying to keep an image, pretend their suburbs don't have an issue. You can go to towns such as Naperville, Hinsdale, Oak Park etc. on any given day and you will always see a slew of strung-out kids waiting at the train for their fix.

As for the city, the money was just too good and many took the quick money. It's a constant stream of revenue that will make you a lot more money than working for Wal-Mart. It got out of hand quickly to the point that it will take a huge effort to turn the tide. Suburban kids need their fix and people in the worst neighborhoods want to make more than peanuts.

It's an economic issue, not racial.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:39 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gru View Post
I hope the Zimmerman suit against NBC expands to all mainstream media and all their lies & half truths. Make it a big class action suit and bring them all down - starting with Media Matters.
What if they lose?

Old 07-15-2013, 10:47 AM

39,873 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:

Great, insightful post. Several points to make.

1) The "outrage" of the Z case is usually driven by those that have something to gain from doing so. Al Sharpton gets publicity and money. CNN and NBC do so both to bolster ratings short term, but also to foment hatred and violence, leading to actions that create more "news".

2) These issues are not strictly a racial one, but a cultural one. While there are too many blacks that do embrace a "thug" culture of violence, drugs, crime and devalue life, there are plenty that do not and feel nothing but contempt for that culture. There are also whites, Asians and Hispanics that embrace that same "thug" culture. So it's not a question of race, it's a question of individuals that embrace the worst of human actions.

3) We need to get over the faux outrage of the race baiters in the media. Start out ignoring them first and foremost. As we say here on CD-stop feeding the trolls. The fix needs to begin with changing the culture and behavior. Which means changing the actions, beliefs and values of individuals. Lots of issues, the first of which is how do you get people to actually respect first themselves, then others, and finally the property of others and the law? To respect human life, when they have been raised in a culture that does not do so? Or do we ignore an entire culture and count on Darwinian selection to solve the problem? Would be nice to find a better approach. A huge piece of it still comes back to parenting. Or rather, the lack of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies