Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2013, 10:25 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,699,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I guess that anyone who agrees with you - automatically sees the case 'objectively'?

Appears at least half of America disagrees.

It's not agreeing with me. It's about the evidence. I've said for a year there was no evidence to support these charges. The prosecution's own investigator said at the probable cause hearing last year that they had zero evidence to support Zimmerman continuing following after the NEN operator recommended stopping and zero evidence to support Zimmerman confronting.

And a year later, they still didn't have those things. People supporting Trayvon here kept saying just wait, you don't know what they have.

But I looked at every single evidence release done through the court. I'm not a Zimmerman supporter, I'm just someone who was willing to look at the facts and evidence, not fall for Crump's lies.

And sentiment has drastically changed over the past year and throughout the trial. Way less than half of America thought he should be convicted by the end of the trial.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:27 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,381,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
It's not agreeing with me. It's about the evidence. I've said for a year there was no evidence to support these charges. The prosecution's own investigator said at the probable cause hearing last year that they had zero evidence to support Zimmerman continuing following after the NEN operator recommended stopping and zero evidence to support Zimmerman confronting.

And a year later, they still didn't have those things. People supporting Trayvon here kept saying just wait, you don't know what they have.

But I looked at every single evidence release done through the court. I'm not a Zimmerman supporter, I'm just someone who was willing to look at the facts and evidence, not fall for Crump's lies.

And sentiment has drastically changed over the past year and throughout the trial. Way less than half of America thought he should be convicted by the end of the trial.
And still ~ at least half of America disagrees. Go figure.

Not everything is black and white. There are shades of gray and I believe this case falls into that. Evidence can be interpreted different ways by different people. Experts can be bought and paid for.

There is NO absolute 'truth' in this matter.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 AM

2,813 posts, read 5,599,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
B37 said, "I think George Zimmerman is a man whose heart is in the right place, but just got displaced by the vandalism in the neighborhood and wanting to catch these people so badly that he went above and beyond what he should have done. His heart was in the right place, but it just went terribly wrong. ----I think he's guilty of not using good judgment. "

She said, "Circumstances caused George to believe that Trayvon might be a robber. There had been an unbelievable number of robberies in the neighborhood."

Did the number of burglaries in that neighborhood ever get reported in the trial?

She said Zimmerman was guilty of "trying to help people." I think that's what I just heard her say. Well, he sure didn't help Trayvon.
Good lord, what a mess! Does she realize he had no legal right to be out there trying to act like an armed cop on patrol hunting down robbers? And when you go out with a gun like that trying to be Rambo and "things go wrong" ending up in someone dying, that is pretty much the definition of manslaughter!

Old 07-16-2013, 10:30 AM

16,903 posts, read 14,241,907 times
Quote:
And still ~ at least half of America disagrees. Go figure.
That's not true.

Even the polls on the Hysterical Ladies Network dispute your claim:

Zimmerman found not guilty: Do you agree? | HLNtv.com

Old 07-16-2013, 10:30 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,699,820 times
Quote:
I guess that anyone who agrees with you - automatically sees the case 'objectively'?

Appears at least half of America disagrees.
I'll add one more thing. Angela Corey and BDLR have put more black men on death row than any other prosecutors in FL. Angela Corey was the same prosecutor who sent that warning shot mom to jail for 20 years.

Bernie said he has won 79 out of 81 murder cases. And in many of them, he has been accused of hiding evidence from the defense, just like he did in this case. Those poor black men didn't have televised cases and a team of lawyers working full time for free. So any tricks pulled by the prosecution in their cases were much harder to overcome.

If you truly care about the rights of black people, get off the Zimmerman case (which was not about race) and let's work together to get Corey and BDLR disbarred. That would actually be helpful to black justice in FL.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:43 AM

2,813 posts, read 5,599,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I think people---the jury included---who are buying into the theory that Trayvon "got mad" are doing so because if they admit that Trayvon could have been scared then they'd be forced to admit that maybe he ALSO was standing his ground and defensing himself just like George. I have been followed at night before and it's damn scary and if George reached out to grab him to hold him until the police got there, then I can see why Martin would punch him.
Excellent point, I don't know why people don't get this. If I was walking through an apartment complex in the evening and some guy started following me in a threatening manner I would be freaked out, and the thought would cross my mind that I have two options- turn around and fight to save myself, or play victim and let him do whatever he is intending to do. So why does nobody consider that Trayvon likely was stuck with that same choice? Is he not allowed to defend himself from some clown who is armed and following him? And if Zimmerman starts the whole situation by grabbing his gun and going out there to follow someone, how can he be defending himself from a situation he created?

Old 07-16-2013, 10:48 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,764,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Is this the same juror that has changed her mind and said she won't write a book due to fear for her safety?
Yes. I would imagine both she and her agent had some nice words of wisdom hurled at them via social media.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:52 AM

11,011 posts, read 10,964,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
Yes. I would imagine both she and her agent had some nice words of wisdom hurled at them via social media.
That would be difficult since her identity is still hidden.

However, I will say that if there was a book deal, it wasn't listed in Publisher's Marketplace (a place where book deals are listed). According to PM, she only obtained an agent and didn't actually have a deal.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:53 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,842,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
Excellent point, I don't know why people don't get this. If I was walking through an apartment complex in the evening and some guy started following me in a threatening manner I would be freaked out, and the thought would cross my mind that I have two options- turn around and fight to save myself, or play victim and let him do whatever he is intending to do. So why does nobody consider that Trayvon likely was stuck with that same choice? Is he not allowed to defend himself from some clown who is armed and following him? And if Zimmerman starts the whole situation by grabbing his gun and going out there to follow someone, how can he be defending himself from a situation he created?
Because following does not amount to initiation of a fight, nor would it meet any burden of reasonable fear. That's a can of worms you do NOT want to open.

Had he said "hey kid, I have a gun, I'm going to shoot you" he would be absolutely 100% guilty. Ironically, only because of stand your ground would TM have had the right to get physical at that point.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:56 AM

520 posts, read 1,019,598 times
Brave is one word for it. Exploitative and money-grubbing are some others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies