Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 09:56 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No I didn't hear that. So are you saying the training entails following someone while carrying a gun. If that's the case then they need to change their neighbor watch rules
I don't know why you are engaging in this conversation when you didn't listen to any of the testimony. After listening to every word and reading motions filed, it is very frustrating for people to make comments when you know they don't have the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 09:57 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And you wonder why some think this was about race with a remark like this
Some people think this was about race? Some? Are you kidding? Some? This creepy ass cracker knows this was about race, it's just not how the NAACP wants it to be.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I doubt that this loser with a fascination of big wheels you speak of cared much about Trayvon.
Are you profiling?

Old 07-15-2013, 10:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Yes, I see another who wants to brush past reality.
By now, i've learned that there is only ONE reality.

One guy killed the other guy, and the dead guy can't tell his side of the story. And if you think the living guy is going to tell you the dead guy's story, you're out of your mind.

That's the reality. I don't know anything about this case, and neither do you. Only one man knows what happened because no one else saw anything and he killed the other witness. And there was no evidence telling us anything either way. In that case, there was no choice but to acquit the shooter.

So please, leave it at that and move on.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:13 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
Quote:
Are you profiling?
I'll admit that I could be wrong. The loser could like him....

Old 07-15-2013, 10:15 PM

32,061 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Some people think this was about race? Some? Are you kidding? Some? This creepy ass cracker knows this was about race, it's just not how the NAACP wants it to be.
I was only talking about your remark. It was racist and you wonder why others think it's about race. I don't give a rats ass who calls me a cracker although I have never been called that. And honestly why would I care.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
By now, i've learned that there is only ONE reality.

One guy killed the other guy, and the dead guy can't tell his side of the story. And if you think the living guy is going to tell you the dead guy's story, you're out of your mind.

That's the reality. I don't know anything about this case, and neither do you. Only one man knows what happened because no one else saw anything and he killed the other witness. And there was no evidence telling us anything either way. In that case, there was no choice but to acquit the shooter.

So please, leave it at that and move on.
The jury's only job was to determine whether GZ broke the law.

And this is the law - It does not matter who started the altercation, doesn't matter if GZ profiled TM as a young black man in the neighborhood where a string of robberies were committed by young black men, it does not matter whether or not GZ disregarded what the Dispatch told him about getting out of his vehicle, it does not matter that TM was unarmed or even minding his own business.

What matters for the Jury to reach a verdict is - Did GZ feel his life was in danger enough to pull the trigger.

They ruled he was not guilty.

So I will return your advice - leave it at that and move on.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:31 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,173 times
i think George Zimmerman will re-offend. He has a history of violence and anti-social behavior. From the domestic abuse and molestation complaints to getting charged with battery of a police officer to getting kicked out of college because they deemed him a danger to campus. And the most egregious and sinister of acts- killing another human being.

So the probability of him re-offending is high. Maybe now that he's killed he has a thirst for it. He can't possibly be getting his guns back can he??

Old 07-15-2013, 10:32 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
How interesting. The main folks saying they are tired of hearing about this case are the most active posters on threads involving the case. (Not surprising, this hypocrisy is coming from Zimmerman supporters).

Old 07-15-2013, 10:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
The jury's only job was to determine whether GZ broke the law.

And this is the law - It does not matter who started the altercation, doesn't matter if GZ profiled TM as a young black man in the neighborhood where a string of robberies were committed by young black men, it does not matter whether or not GZ disregarded what the Dispatch told him about getting out of his vehicle, it does not matter that TM was unarmed or even minding his own business.

What matters for the Jury to reach a verdict is - Did GZ feel his life was in danger enough to pull the trigger.

They ruled he was not guilty.

So I will return your advice - leave it at that and move on.
They don't know whether he broke the law or not. They don't know anything. And neither do you.

All they know is that a kid is dead, and nothing else. That's all you know, and that's all i know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies