Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 06:31 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
She's the one writing a book about her time as a juror on this trial.

That should be against the law!

How does it stop people from becoming stealth jurors in order to get on high profile trials so they can profit from their experience?
What exactly is a "stealth juror"?
Does it have any retain at all to a "race baiter" like Al Sharpton or a Lawyer that that goes to the media to promote a "race trial"?

Ever been a juror? I have, it's not a pleasant experience. I do it because I actually believe in our system. I'm not a fan of "Trial by public opinion" or "Trial by Mob". I can't say that I agree with a Juror making a profit off a trial, but I also don't agree with Parents making a profit over the death of their child while demanding "Justice" and ignoring the results of the Trial.

I see no difference between these people.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:32 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
B37 said that Trayvon was suspicious because he was looking into houses.

But where in the trial did that ever come up as evidence, even in Zimmerman's statements? Did Zimmerman EVER say that? I thought he simply said Trayvon was "looking around."

Does anyone know?

Old 07-15-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
What exactly is a "stealth juror"?
Does it have any retain at all to a "race baiter" like Al Sharpton or a Lawyer that that goes to the media to promote a "race trial"?

Ever been a juror? I have, it's not a pleasant experience. I do it because I actually believe in our system. I'm not a fan of "Trial by public opinion" or "Trial by Mob". I can't say that I agree with a Juror making a profit off a trial, but I also don't agree with Parents making a profit over the death of their child while demanding "Justice" and ignoring the results of the Trial.

I see no difference between these people.
A stealth juror is someone who lies and misleads the lawyers during the juror selection process in order to appear like an unbiased, uninformed juror, when they really are not.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I do not believe for one minute this is true. I think our jury system is honest enough to stick to what they believe was true. The backlash is simply a group of protesters, not the majority of our country.

Ellenmint: why should it be against the law. it has been done for years. Anyone who goes through what the jury is cases like this go through and want to share their experiences, good for them.
Because of stealth jurors ending up on the jury, and biasing the result to end up with the most sensational result, so they can then profit from it later.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:36 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Because of stealth jurors ending up on the jury, and biasing the result to end up with the most sensational result, so they can then profit from it later.
I don't buy that in this case. They had 6 people on the jury. What are the odds ?

Old 07-15-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I don't buy that in this case. They had 6 people on the jury. What are the odds ?
I'd say the odds are pretty high. That's why ex-jurors shouldn't be allowed to profit from their experience. This jurors husband is a lawyer. I have a hard time believing that she knew so little about the case to begin with, as she claimed.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:38 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
She says when they started deliberations 3 thought he was not guilty & 3 thought he was guilty of either 2nd degree or manslaughter.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:39 PM

She said she thought Zimmerman was mostly telling the truth. She thought Trayvon threw the first punch. She bought everything the defense said apparently. She calls him George.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:39 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Every famous case I can remember has had at least one jury write a book, has this always been wrong or only in a case like this that you are not happy with the verdict?

Old 07-15-2013, 06:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
She's the one writing a book about her time as a juror on this trial.

That should be against the law!

How does it stop people from becoming stealth jurors in order to get on high profile trials so they can profit from their experience?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
She's in the dark with just a silhouette and wants to stay anonymous.

They just called her B37, no name.
Yeah, she wants to remain anonymous, all right. All the way to the bank. What a sleaze!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies