Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2013, 08:10 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,089,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
In spite of the obvious attitude on the stand, I don't think I ever believed for a minute that she's stupid. She isn't.

A series of softball questions from an endearing liberal, meant to tactfully play the race card, and draw support for their quest for justice. So Jeantel puts on her happy face, knowing full well that this host would never ask her the obvious questions. Piers Morgan states that "Nobody Knows Trayvon Better than You Do". I'll leave that to this thread to come clean about.

Yet another case of the media trying to paint a picture in everyone's mind, and make it true. Don't people have enough sense to know when they're being conned? Is it that important to hear what you want to hear? Is there anyone left in this country that actually wants to hear the truth?

this whole thing was one big con from the start. Now push for a bigger con to say GZ violated civil rights and DOJ pushing to see if TM was targeted just because of race. I take a line from Pink Floyd's "Sheep" as people who belive this mess deserve what they get.

"Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air
You better watch out
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Jordan and I have seen
Things are not what they seem."

Old 07-16-2013, 08:12 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
No pun intended??

BTW - Piers was totally exploiting her...

He is a statist pig, a fraud and a liar with a clear anti-gun agenda. Plus he has a TV show with ratings, to boot. She was exploited the minute she accepted to go on that show.
Every single talk show host in the world is going to want to interview the people America is talking about and is interested in for what ever reason. They ALL care about ratings so how can you put Piers down because he happened to be the first one to land Rachel on his show? He was not exploiting her any more than she was exploiting him.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:14 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
But seeing how he wasn't just walking down the road, his behavior and appearance at night could be seen as suspicious after burglaries have taken place
The only suspicious thing he did was be black. A white teen doing the same would not have evoked a similar reaction from the community vigilante.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:14 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Why did you then? Why not turn it off?

OMG, she was coached. Oh, AND, she should have been prepped better.
There is a little bit of a difference between coaching somebody when going on a show...where a dude is going to throw you some pillow soft, hand picked questions.. Run them by you...sit down and console you...maybe give you a sandwich, or four, followed by a pint of hennessey and a blunt, perhaps...than to be grilled on a witness stand by a defense of world class attorneys...a prosecution can only do so much..

This is checkers...not chess...

Old 07-16-2013, 08:20 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
He had to talk to her like I talked to my kids when they were about 5.

Keeping very simple.
I LOVED it when he asked her to spell, ''cracker'', the look of alarm and panic on her face! Priceless! Then, he slowly spells it out, Cracker, and she said, no, with an A on the end, Cracka.

Did this girl attend school? At her age, even in a SPED classroom, I had kids more academic then her.

I am sorry for being on this young gal, but she is such a priceless example of inner city youth. And they condemn teachers as the problem! Is anyone in DC watching this? Those who want higher test scores, and No Child Left Behind? And all children should be doing algebra, geometry, and going to college?

School starts at home. And the words she used, I don't think any teacher said in school.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:23 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

This interview was very painful to watch........ I cannot believe that they are propping this girl up as some hero.......she gets applause at some of the most ignorant statements......

Where are we??????????
The scary part is when they clapped when she said, "Well, the jury, they see their facts. My thoughts of the jury, they old, that's old school people. We in a new school, our generation, my generation."

That should scare the heck out of this country.

Last edited by Pressing-On; 07-16-2013 at 09:17 AM..

Old 07-16-2013, 08:25 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The only suspicious thing he did was be black. A white teen doing the same would not have evoked a similar reaction from the community vigilante.
Not so. I believe had he seen anyone in the dark, with a hoodie on, going up near houses at night, he wouldve been suspicious. There is no evidence to support that he "singled" out Trayvon because of his skin color. And I believe some of his past calls to 911 were about white people. So the forced injection of race into this, by you or anyone else, is irresponsible.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:26 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,089,300 times
indeed that is scary if that is typical of what this country is producing. Thankfully it is not, there are a lot of sharp kids graduating school right now. She unfortunately is not one of them.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
The scary part is when they clapped when she said, "Well, the jury, they see their facts. My thoughts of the jury, they old, that's old school people. We in a new school, our generation, my generation."

That should care the heck out of this country.
You are right. I really believe, half this country are a bunch of lemmings. They dont have many values. They dont think much for themselves. They're ignorant. How on earth does that statement get applause? Id expect some applause from middle school or high school kids, but from adults? That is damn frightening.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
indeed that is scary if that is typical of what this country is producing. Thankfully it is not, there are a lot of sharp kids graduating school right now. She unfortunately is not one of them.
But as you can see, that is not frowned upon. Its promoted and applauded by some aspects of our society today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies