Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 11:57 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Caught me before I deleted. Oh well.

It has nada to do with GZ and TM because, as it has been noted ad nauseum by SYG supporters, GZ did not claim SYG as his defense. The shooter, in this case, did, and according to him, Adkins swung something at him, and threatened to do it again before he was shot.

The dark side of SYG. Did anyone think, as they were writing this stupid law, that criminals could also use it? nahhhhh.

And I like those jpegs. It saves me explaining how stupid I think some of these threads are. A picture is worth a thousand words.
you were smart to delete it. it was a completely useless post.

the presence or absence of a stand your ground defense in no way eliminates the parallel between these two cases. if that's all you've got to cling to, i'm beginning to understand your attraction to those simplistic jpegs..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 11:57 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,157,233 times
One of the videos from the pd station that night was lead Det Cerino pointing out to Gz his weight, and Tms weight. He points out to gz that he weighed in at over 200 and Tm only weighed around 150. Then verbatim, Cerino looks at Gz and points out that Tm " was a skinny kid"....not " man".....no, the lead Detective uses the clear delineator adjective, tells gz that TM was " a skinny KID".....AGAIN, HE MAKES THE CLEAR DISTINCTION THAT TM WAS A KID ( NOT A MAN)

Old 08-13-2013, 12:00 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you were smart to delete it. it was a completely useless post.

the presence or absence of a stand your ground defense in no way eliminates the parallel between these two cases. if that's all you've got to cling to, i'm beginning to understand your attraction to those simplistic jpegs..

Cling? really?

Again, there is not a parallel, but you go ahead with the fake outrage.

If you folks are sooooo upset, then start your own protests, instead of the usual internet chest beating.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:04 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllForTheWorld View Post
The media picks and chooses what news it wants to blow out of proportion. Last year, there was a group of white teens that attacked a black teen for being in an interracial relationship. There was little to no news coverage on that.
Yep. Humans have an infinite capacity for evil. Whatever sort of crime you want to think about, someone somewhere has done it. Probably more than once.

I think news stories are like other things in mass culture. One actor becomes megafamous and another never gets more than bit parts. McDonald's is worldwide while other restaurants with similar policies, prices, and food quality are only in one little region of the country. I think news stories are like that. A particular news story just catches hold and builds momentum, with each new report about it being done as editors and producers think they better cover that story since other news people are already covering it. It snowballs until it captures the national attention. There are an average of 800,000 missing children in the United States at any given moment but Jon Benet Ramsey became a media sensation. Crime statistics say that 200 women each year get convicted of killing one or more of their own children, but Casey Anthony became nationwide news.

So I think it can be useful to ask why cases with some particular characteristic don't get more attention, but it's not really useful to ask why any one particular case doesn't get more coverage.

The media leans liberal and so of course they will highlight cases which advance the liberal meme. They will want to show approved victim groups blacks, women, Muslims, etc and downplay the others. And because there are so many crimes of so many varieties committed as I said earlier, that means they have a selection to choose from. Whatever type of crime they want to do a story on, they can find an example of it.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Cling? really?
yes, really. cling.

Quote:
Again, there is not a parallel, but you go ahead with the fake outrage.

If you folks are sooooo upset, then start your own protests, instead of the usual internet chest beating.
what 'fake outrage'? where have i beaten my chest?

so: the only thing you can come up with to explain how this is not a parallel is that the shooter in this case is not invoking SYG?

good gawd

Old 08-13-2013, 12:28 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yes, really. cling.

what 'fake outrage'? where have i beaten my chest?

so: the only thing you can come up with to explain how this is not a parallel is that the shooter in this case is not invoking SYG?

good gawd

This whole thread reeks of fake outrage.

But, like I said, why aren't you GZ lovers out there with your signs and placards? It's obvious by the sheer number of threads on this crap that you guys feel strongly about black on white crime, so get out there, organize and protest.

Or just continue with the fakery. Your choice.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:31 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:

But, like I said, why aren't you GZ lovers out there with your signs and placards? It's obvious by the sheer number of threads on this crap that you guys feel strongly about black on white crime, so get out there, organize and protest.

Exactly. This is just like those threads "angry" that there are no White scholarships. They ignore the fact that there is nothing stopping them from setting up White scholarships the way people who cared enough to start Black, Brown, Women, Asian, etc. scholarships did.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:

so you couldn't identify any 'fake outrage' or 'chest-beating,' but continue caterwauling about same.

par for the course.

where did i identify myself as a GZ lover? weren't you the one who brought up GZ in the first place?

what's all this claptrap about black on white crime? are you sure you're on the right thread?

Old 08-13-2013, 02:00 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Indeed. Jesse Jackson, big Al and their idiot followers are the real racists, not a mixed race man who was defending himself.

Not too many replies, and that proves the point. For so many black Americans, they can't even TYPE "Daniel Adkins did not deserve what happened". If it isn't a black man killed by a non-black, it doesn't matter to them.
Moonbats base their reactions on emotions generated by what they are told by the folks the deem their social and economic benefactors and not based on personal observations and logic. Therefore, if they are not told to be enraged by the media, Jessie, Al etc there is no reaction hence the crickets you hear from the moonbat left.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:02 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,969,367 times
Default You deserved to be irked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
This really irks the hell out of me:

A mentally disabled Hispanic man is shot and killed by a black man at a Taco Bell. The black man, who we now know is named Cornell Jude, was driving his car and he claimed Adkins swung at him. Now, he could easily have pulled off and driven away or just got out the car and fought him, fist to fist, man to man. Instead, he pulled out a gun and shot a man who was only armed with his dog whom he was taking for a walk.

And guess what? The black man who shot him was not charged with any crime.

Where the hell is the media circus? Where was reverend Al's fat rump? Where was George W Obama saying "he could have been my son"

Daniel Adkins' killer claims self-defense: Unarmed man shot, killed outside Arizona Taco Bell - Chicago News Report | Chicago News Blogs | Chicago Crime | News Blotter

Just look at this petition written by a member of his family: you can hear the pain in her. And less than two thousand people signed it.

http://www.change.org/petitions/just...-daniel-adkins

So, without calling me "self hating" because I'm angry that an innocent man got shot by a thug, tell me why you aren't rallying and flipping out over this?

And before you say "what are you gonna do about it", I'll have you know that I'm actually in the process of making some fliers about this guy and maybe getting some people together to try to do something, even if the local blacks accuse me of being "racist"
If you can't see the difference between the two cases you've got serious issues.

You represent a very dysfunction mindset that is totally outdated. You've got to be a miserable person with President Obama and all of the great changes happening in or country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies