Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 06:52 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
And then our so called leaders will grow gvt with a new dept "border homeland security dept" and a slew of suitcase carriers will have jobs in DC. Just think we will all be safe then
The perfect jobs for NCLB (No Colonel Left Behind).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 06:55 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
With people like the OP we do not need to import terrorists. His suggestions indicate we have plenty of our own.
????
We do have domestic terrorists, that said why is it unreasonable to assume that ME terrorists would use our southern border as an entry point?

Old 07-16-2013, 02:02 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
With people like the OP we do not need to import terrorists. His suggestions indicate we have plenty of our own.
Beg pardon?

Old 07-16-2013, 02:29 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
I think it is just a matter of time when a attack is pulled off and Americans die and the investigation will uncover the terrorist came across the border. I see only one solution and that is the military protecting the border. Why not? we are in other countries protecting theirs. It would give the MID a worthy mission- protecting Americans. Our borders are a bi partisan cluster f*** and it is a disgrace that the people do not hold them accountable until it is too late.
Whatever it is will not be a simple "attack".

I believe it will be on a mass scale... a gamechanger, if you know what I mean. I believe it will be something we have not seen.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
I think it is just a matter of time when a attack is pulled off and Americans die and the investigation will uncover the terrorist came across the border. I see only one solution and that is the military protecting the border. Why not? we are in other countries protecting theirs. It would give the MID a worthy mission- protecting Americans. Our borders are a bi partisan cluster f*** and it is a disgrace that the people do not hold them accountable until it is too late.
There is no need to hike across the desert to enter the U.S.

18/19 of the 9/11 terrorists arrived by plane at major airports, at different periods of times, on tourist visas. Only one was here on a student visa.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:20 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

18/19 of the 9/11 terrorists arrived by plane at major airports, at different periods of times, on tourist visas. Only one was here on a student visa.
Just because that's the way it happened with 9/11 doesn't mean that it won't happen in some other fashion the next time. Our southern border is so porous that millions of illegals have been able to enter it undetected. Even the FBI Director has said that there have been those from known terrorist countries that have entered right along with migrants looking for work and disappeared into our country. Probably building sleeper cells as we speak and planning our demise.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:23 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
A video with crazies is not proof.

Show me some credible links, otherwise it's bogus.

Mexico is like 96% Christian, probably more Christian than the US. They have altars to the Virgin Mary in their homes for Christ sake.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Most illegals don't hike through the desert, it's pretty cheap to get a border crossing card from the black market. Or ride over in a truck or train boxcar.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:44 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Most illegals don't hike through the desert, it's pretty cheap to get a border crossing card from the black market. Or ride over in a truck or train boxcar.
What's the big deal anyway? You'll grant them all amnesty every few years in any case.

Achmed: "I am amnesty American, here's my card, you please to sell me that truckload of fertilizer you infidel dog".

Old 07-16-2013, 05:02 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And so much for "homeland security" or the border being secured --- it's far from it:

Video: 50 immigrants flee truck pursued by police
Homeland Security has been a money pit joke from day one and politicians on neither side of the aisle want to secure the southern border...votes for one,slave wage labor for the other...horsecrap is all any of it is and they couldn't care less what the majority of Americans want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies