Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 05:09 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Homeland Security has been a money pit joke from day one and politicians on neither side of the aisle want to secure the southern border...votes for one,slave wage labor for the other...horsecrap is all any of it is and they couldn't care less what the majority of Americans want.

big corp sees cheap labor cometh across the border everyday..

that border should have been secured 30 years ago with military bases along it's entire length..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 05:17 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
A video with crazies is not proof.

Show me some credible links, otherwise it's bogus.

Mexico is like 96% Christian, probably more Christian than the US. They have altars to the Virgin Mary in their homes for Christ sake.
DHS seems to think it's credible.

The Department of Homeland Security is alerting Texas authorities to be on the lookout for a suspected member of the Somalia-based Al Shabaab terrorist group who might be attempting to travel to the U.S. through Mexico, a security expert who has seen the memo tells FOXNews.com.
The warning follows an indictment unsealed this month in Texas federal court that accuses a Somali man in Texas of running a “large-scale smuggling enterprise” responsible for bringing hundreds of Somalis from Brazil through South America and eventually across the Mexican border. Many of the illegal immigrants, who court records say were given fake IDs, are alleged to have ties to other now-defunct Somalian terror organizations that have merged with active organizations like Al Shabaab, al-Barakat and Al-Ittihad Al-Islami.

Feds Issue Terror Watch for the Texas/Mexico Border | Fox News

At a July 25 hearing of the House Homeland Security Committee, Rep. Ron Barber (D-Ariz.) asked Napolitano: “As you know, Madam Secretary, there have been anecdotal reports about material evidence of the presence of terrorists along our southern border. My question is, is there any credible evidence that these reports are accurate and that terrorists are, in fact, crossing our southern border with the intent to do harm to the American people?”
Napolitano answered: “With respect, there have been--and the Ababziar matter would be one I would refer to that's currently being adjudicated in the criminal courts--from time to time, and we are constantly working against different and evolving threats involving various terrorist groups and various ways they may seek to enter the country.”
- See more at: Napolitano: Terrorists Enter U.S. from Mexico

Old 07-16-2013, 05:26 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
big corp sees cheap labor cometh across the border everyday..

that border should have been secured 30 years ago with military bases along it's entire length..
I agree 100%...Reagan gave them a pass and away they go...I know he didn't start the migration by no means,but he damn sure hurt us by doing what he did and nobody since has done a thing about it...as you said,should've been secured with bases and vicious reprisal for illegal crossings.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:06 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Who the hell has suggested that Mexicans coming here illegally are terrorists? Someone has a severe reading comprehension problem in here! It is the OTM's that are a security threat. No one has said that migrant Mexicans are helping these terrorists get through either but I wouldn't put it past the drug cartels. They'd do anything for a buck.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:25 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who the hell has suggested that Mexicans coming here illegally are terrorists? Someone has a severe reading comprehension problem in here! It is the OTM's that are a security threat. No one has said that migrant Mexicans are helping these terrorists get through either but I wouldn't put it past the drug cartels. They'd do anything for a buck.
I don't think anyone other than you so far has made mention of all illegals being "terrists",but why shut a good rant down while you're rolling..anything else chapping your ass you want to get off your chest?

Old 07-16-2013, 08:40 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just because that's the way it happened with 9/11 doesn't mean that it won't happen in some other fashion the next time. Our southern border is so porous that millions of illegals have been able to enter it undetected. Even the FBI Director has said that there have been those from known terrorist countries that have entered right along with migrants looking for work and disappeared into our country. Probably building sleeper cells as we speak and planning our demise.
As we sit pecking on the computer complaining about Zimmerman trial and Cheerio commercials!!

Old 07-16-2013, 08:48 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
What's the big deal anyway? You'll grant them all amnesty every few years in any case.

Achmed: "I am amnesty American, here's my card, you please to sell me that truckload of fertilizer you infidel dog".
Some people actually think we're safe....they don't even see how terrorists are entering our government and schools. They look nice on the outside and scheming on the inside.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:09 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,772,773 times
I couldn't figure out why after 9/11 they policed air ports so tight, they were checking old peoples bags and everything and at the same time the southwest border was wide open. Still can't figure it out.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:02 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
DHS seems to think it's credible.

The Department of Homeland Security is alerting Texas authorities to be on the lookout for a suspected member of the Somalia-based Al Shabaab terrorist group who might be attempting to travel to the U.S. through Mexico, a security expert who has seen the memo tells FOXNews.com.
The warning follows an indictment unsealed this month in Texas federal court that accuses a Somali man in Texas of running a “large-scale smuggling enterprise” responsible for bringing hundreds of Somalis from Brazil through South America and eventually across the Mexican border. Many of the illegal immigrants, who court records say were given fake IDs, are alleged to have ties to other now-defunct Somalian terror organizations that have merged with active organizations like Al Shabaab, al-Barakat and Al-Ittihad Al-Islami.

Feds Issue Terror Watch for the Texas/Mexico Border | Fox News

At a July 25 hearing of the House Homeland Security Committee, Rep. Ron Barber (D-Ariz.) asked Napolitano: “As you know, Madam Secretary, there have been anecdotal reports about material evidence of the presence of terrorists along our southern border. My question is, is there any credible evidence that these reports are accurate and that terrorists are, in fact, crossing our southern border with the intent to do harm to the American people?”
Napolitano answered: “With respect, there have been--and the Ababziar matter would be one I would refer to that's currently being adjudicated in the criminal courts--from time to time, and we are constantly working against different and evolving threats involving various terrorist groups and various ways they may seek to enter the country.”
- See more at: Napolitano: Terrorists Enter U.S. from Mexico

CNS is a rag that appeals only to lunatics, and your other link is from 2010 and talks about 1 person. Hardly an epidemic

Try again, maybe you can find something on Breitbart's site

Old 07-16-2013, 11:07 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Are you that completely devoid to reality that all you can do is attack sources? Well never mind I guess your previous post answered that question. Nap said what she said in a homeland security hearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies