Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 08:09 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times

Advertisements

Al Sharpton: 'Merits' of Case Did Not Spur Zimmerman Prosecution

I think this one comment from him is very telling. Its almost an admission of guilt. The merits of the case were not enough to get a trial. I believe that Sharpton, the NAACP, and others knew that from the beginning. Yet, what did they do knowing this? Did they let it go? No. They used their power, their microphones to twist it into a race issue. To drudge up anger and outrage. They created an issue of race and civil rights, where one did not exist.

All the evidence, even earlier on, was that this was NOT a racial incident. It is very disappointing that many Americans can be so easily fooled, swayed into believe what they are spoon fed by those in the media and "high places". The level of deliberate irresponsibility by people who choose to divide and incite, rather than unite should be appalling to everyone. From Obama to Congress to the media to NAACP to Florida officials to "celeb" figures unfortunately worshiped by a large fraction of our society to the DOJ.

Nevermind that the FBI investigated last year and stated they found no evidence of racism in this case or in Zimmerman's history. It shouldnt even have gotten to that point. And as if the forced trial was not bad enough, where are we today? A fair trial occurred. There was a verdict. And despite no evidence, still, of racism, the same loud voices continued on, magnified. Calling for action. Calling for getting the Department of Justice involved. Think about that. The DOJ is now involved in a case where a man was acquitted, and the only evidence of race being involved is from the media and the loud mouths with microphones! Sharpton and many others know exactly what they are doing. His admission that this case's merits were not enough says it all. But he and others saw this as an opportunity to do what they do best.

Do you still not see what is going on? How can so many be so easily duped? This incident and case had zero, nada, zilch to do with civil rights or race. However unfortunate, the facts are that racism was not there and did not lead to the tragedy that happened. Can some of us not see what they are attempting to do to us? Has it not dawned on you that the deliberate actions of turning this into race is simply to continue to divide? Comparing this to a lynching? And its not just average civilians making this comments. There are people in high places, high visibility. People who are supposed to be in positions that deserve respect.

I apologize, I am not a writer and know I did not completely get my point across as much as I wanted to nor in the manner I wanted to. My main point is that we Americans should be smarter than this, than to allow these fools to do what they do. To divide, to make people think something occurred for a reason of race, that did not. The people that are in positions to unite, do not even attempt to do so. To allow them to not only divide us, but railroad one man, no matter if you think he couldve done something different that night, to tear us a part and ruin lives. If we continue to let this happen, we are moving backwards and the future is dim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 08:18 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
I agree. It's alarming.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:24 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Wasn't Zimmerman's prom date a young black woman? Didn't he mentor black kids? The point is, if GZ was a black man we would not even know about this.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:24 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Al Sharpton: 'Merits' of Case Did Not Spur Zimmerman Prosecution

I think this one comment from him is very telling. Its almost an admission of guilt. The merits of the case were not enough to get a trial. I believe that Sharpton, the NAACP, and others knew that from the beginning. Yet, what did they do knowing this? Did they let it go? No. They used their power, their microphones to twist it into a race issue. To drudge up anger and outrage. They created an issue of race and civil rights, where one did not exist.

All the evidence, even earlier on, was that this was NOT a racial incident. It is very disappointing that many Americans can be so easily fooled, swayed into believe what they are spoon fed by those in the media and "high places". The level of deliberate irresponsibility by people who choose to divide and incite, rather than unite should be appalling to everyone. From Obama to Congress to the media to NAACP to Florida officials to "celeb" figures unfortunately worshiped by a large fraction of our society to the DOJ.

Nevermind that the FBI investigated last year and stated they found no evidence of racism in this case or in Zimmerman's history. It shouldnt even have gotten to that point. And as if the forced trial was not bad enough, where are we today? A fair trial occurred. There was a verdict. And despite no evidence, still, of racism, the same loud voices continued on, magnified. Calling for action. Calling for getting the Department of Justice involved. Think about that. The DOJ is now involved in a case where a man was acquitted, and the only evidence of race being involved is from the media and the loud mouths with microphones! Sharpton and many others know exactly what they are doing. His admission that this case's merits were not enough says it all. But he and others saw this as an opportunity to do what they do best.

Do you still not see what is going on? How can so many be so easily duped? This incident and case had zero, nada, zilch to do with civil rights or race. However unfortunate, the facts are that racism was not there and did not lead to the tragedy that happened. Can some of us not see what they are attempting to do to us? Has it not dawned on you that the deliberate actions of turning this into race is simply to continue to divide? Comparing this to a lynching? And its not just average civilians making this comments. There are people in high places, high visibility. People who are supposed to be in positions that deserve respect.

I apologize, I am not a writer and know I did not completely get my point across as much as I wanted to nor in the manner I wanted to. My main point is that we Americans should be smarter than this, than to allow these fools to do what they do. To divide, to make people think something occurred for a reason of race, that did not. The people that are in positions to unite, do not even attempt to do so. To allow them to not only divide us, but railroad one man, no matter if you think he couldve done something different that night, to tear us a part and ruin lives. If we continue to let this happen, we are moving backwards and the future is dim.
everybody[news] is repeating the same "having a little hero complex- but not a racist" as FBI ruling.

Quote:
Even the lead detective in the case, Sanford Det. Chris Serino, told agents that he thought Zimmerman profiled Trayvon because of his attire and the circumstances — but not his race.
Serino saw Zimmerman as “having little hero complex, but not as a racist.”
Read more here: FBI records: agents found no evidence that Zimmerman was racist | McClatchy

Quote:
Sanford police detective Chris Serino also told FBI agents last year that he considered Zimmerman as having "a little hero complex, but not as a racist."
Read more: Justice Department faces evidence hurdles in proving Zimmerman bias after verdict | Fox News]

Quote:
Even the lead detective in the case, Sanford Det. Chris Serino, told agents that he thought Zimmerman profiled Trayvon because of his attire and the circumstances — but not his race.
FBI: No evidence Zimmerman was racist

Quote:
Obama & Holder Blocked by FBI? Investigation Shows Zimmerman Not Racist | Independent Journal Review

Not one linked the FBI Reports...Anyone have the actual FBI report and FBI determination?

Old 07-16-2013, 08:28 AM

17,401 posts, read 14,637,091 times
I agree completely.

On Nancy Grace last night (she had a fill in - NG wasn't on as her head probably exploded from the acquittal) they spoke of the DOJ inquest. They brought up that it's common to ask for the DOJ to investigate after an aquittal such as this - where a WHITE MAN is found not guilty of a crime on a black man.

Every little nuance of this case has been twisted and turned (and parts downright fabricated) by the MSM.

It makes me ill.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:32 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Just to be clear of civil rights laws. there is no there is no provision that the palintiff or complaintant be of any race or of different races.

Quote:
A lawsuit for a civil rights violation will be filed and handled in civil court (federal or state civil court, as discussed above). In a civil case, the person claiming a civil rights violation (the "plaintiff") files a "complaint"with the court. The complaint sets out certain facts and allegations, in an attempt to show that the opposing party (the "defendant(s)") is/are responsible for the civil rights violations alleged in the complaint, and for any harm suffered by the plaintiff as a result. Ultimately, if the civil rights case goes to trial, the plaintiff must prove by a "preponderance of the evidence" (that it is more likely than not) that the defendant is legally responsible for the damages alleged by the plaintiff.
Only that one party violated the civil rights of another. Whether Zimmerman is a "racist" is irrelevant.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
everybody[news] is repeating the same "having a little hero complex- but not a racist" as FBI ruling.

Read more: Justice Department faces evidence hurdles in proving Zimmerman bias after verdict | Fox News]

FBI: No evidence Zimmerman was racist

Obama & Holder Blocked by FBI? Investigation Shows Zimmerman Not Racist | Independent Journal Review

Not one linked the FBI Reports...Anyone have the actual FBI report and FBI determination?
I have not seen the actual report. Not even sure if the full report is out. But if the FBI had found anything, do you not believe it wouldve been shown at the trial? They didnt find anything.

And if many in our country are going to be ignorant enough to fall for all this race nonsense, than why do they not point out things in Martin's vocabulary. He has used some choice words as far as race goes. But no one brings that up. Which is fine, but we should not be okay with what the media and others did with this incident nor with what the DOJ and others are now trying to do with it. Its is deliberate irresponsibility.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:34 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Why isn't anyone protesting the flawed prosecution?

We have all of these people invested in a guilty verdict as though they were there first hand in the courtroom - and this is some unfair judgment.

There was a case. The evidence was not presented well and a case for manslaughter wasn't made. That's it.

Blame the prosecutors for doing a poor job since it was "obvious" that Zimmerman was guilty in many people's minds..

Old 07-16-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

We have all of these people invested in a guilty verdict as though they were there first hand in the courtroom - and this is some unfair judgment.

There was a case. The evidence was not presented well and a case for manslaughter wasn't made. That's it.

Blame the prosecutors.
Because its not about that to them. As my main point being, this is about race to them, and forcibly so. And they do so to divide. They dont care what the evidence was or how bad the State looked at trial. They used the incident initially to use race to divide. They didnt get the result they wanted, so of course they are amping up public outrage from ignorant people, to continue to divide by race.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Blame the prosecutors for doing a poor job since it was "obvious" that Zimmerman was guilty in many people's minds..
The prosecution had no compelling evidence to bring to this case, it was a cut and dry case of self defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies