Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 09:33 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,055,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
So are you telling us the Republicans have no gays or women in the party?

If the Republicans were against these people as you say the party wouldn't have these people in it.
What I am saying is Republicans do not want equal rights for them. And of course they want them in the party as long as they toe the party line and don't want the same benefits lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 09:37 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Ok what jobs do they steal. Are we talking about Burger King and mowing lawns. Kids do these jobs for pocket money. You couldn't raise a family on it though. And they certainly don't steal the high paying jobs. So what jobs are you referring to
People don't work at Burger King to make a living.....that is a starter job. The illegals are taking starter jobs from the lower end workers. Why is it some Americans don't think our kids need to start at the bottom(like mowing lawns) when they are in high school or just graduating...... Not all Americans go to college!

I was a maid in several hotels when I was younger, I supported myself just fine at 19. I was only making $5.75, I had an apartment and a car. That job gave me the experience to run my own cleaning business, so don't act like those pocket change jobs don't amount to something.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:40 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
What I am saying is Republicans do not want equal rights for them. And of course they want them in the party as long as they toe the party line and don't want the same benefits lol
This is hogwash and you know it. I could say the same about Dem's after all they have been the party that "claims" everyone. Kind of strange for a party to say we take care of the poor, women and gays, what kind of concept is this? Notice how this party never takes care of men?

Old 07-17-2013, 01:08 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
As I said in another post...Democrats and Republicans have changed over the years. If slavery was still alive today I find it hard to believe that Republicans would be against abolishing it. They don't care about gay rights or women rights so why would they care about slaves
They? You mean all 50 million of them?

You sure sound like the tolerant one.

I can't see how any reasonable person, from any party, wouldn't be offended by this. It isn't so much the mud slinging, as it is the drop in the IQ bell curve. Reading such tripe makes us all feel less intelligent (dumber) for the experience.

BTW, it's "tow" the party line.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:25 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
They? You mean all 50 million of them?

You sure sound like the tolerant one.

I can't see how any reasonable person, from any party, wouldn't be offended by this. It isn't so much the mud slinging, as it is the drop in the IQ bell curve. Reading such tripe makes us all feel less intelligent (dumber) for the experience.

Because not everyone is thin skinned. I don't agree with her, perfect example of hyperbole, but I'm not offended either.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:39 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
So are you telling us the Republicans have no gays or women in the party?

If the Republicans were against these people as you say the party wouldn't have these people in it.
Well, the R party does have people like Michelle Bachman {$2.00 gasoline}, Christine O'Donnell {I am not a witch}, Sarah Palin {I can see Russia from my...}, Herman 999 Cain, Newt adulterer Gingrich, and a few others, I think democrats are more from the sane group of people, as opposed to insane.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:00 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,726,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Not really. While some rationale can be made for "tow", the phrase is originally "toe the line". See the entry under "Phrases" for the Oxford dictionary's definition of toe.

As for the topic of this thread, I find it rather pointless to argue about which party did what more than, say, 20 years ago. Parties are not beings unto themselves, but rather made up of individuals. The vast majority (if not all) of the individuals that did or did not sign the Civil Rights Act are dead. Nobody here was supporting or denouncing Lincoln during his Presidency. Basking in the reflected glow of what somebody did before you were even born just because you both espouse the same party label is ridiculous.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:54 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
A picture's worth a thousand words.......

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...17143329_n.jpg
And a post by a Republican is worth a million

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
Lincoln was a liar, though. He promised he'd obey the law and he didn't.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...africa-23.html

Old 07-17-2013, 03:59 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,328 times
Quote:
I never addressed what party you are because that wasn't the issue. And I don't really care. The fact is that party ideologies have changed over the decades. Ignorance is not realizinolog that
Actually you did address what party you assumed I was in in another post.

The party idea ideologies are the same. Grow the size of the state at all costs.

Anyone that thinks there is any type of major difference between Republicans and Democrats are ignorant.

I can demonstrate easily how anything one party supports the other like too, even if they pretend to be against it.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:06 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,328 times
Quote:

They already have equal rights.

Can you point to some piece of legislation that backs up your claim? Where are Republicans trying to suppress rights for certain groups? lols.

Typical of the left. Gotta divide everyone into groups and pass out rights based on gender, race, etc... Instead of just recognizing everyone has the same rights. It's a good way to give the state more power. Scare people into thinking the big bad boogeyman is gonna steal your rights if you don't vote for me. lols.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies