Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 01:30 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times

Advertisements

The defense wanted jurors who didn't follow the news, any news, and knew very little about the case. So we wound up with jurors who claimed to be clueless of current events.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:49 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Fox News????? Come on now..WHY in the world would they be excluded because of that? One word..POLITICS! Talk about clueless as they come..Sheesh.
So, you actually do think the procecution was not interested in winning the case, and they picked jurors only based on their personal political preference Think about what you say before you say it. Of course they pick jurors who they think will rule in their favor. If I was prececution and I knew one of the jury candidates watches TV shows which openly support Zimmerman, then why in the world would I want him/her in the jury knowing he/she would rule against the interests of my clients?

Old 07-16-2013, 01:55 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Nope, just reasonable people blaming this on liberals.

Who else would be hysterical enough to excuse a juror simply for being a Fox News watcher?

Liberals are starting to believe their own fibs and namecalling.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-16-2013 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 07-16-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Isn't this point moot? They failed.
What a typical leftist-fanatic response.

"Our attempt to smear Fox News and keep an informed juror aff the panel, failed. So you're not allowed to talk about what we did, any more!"

Old 07-16-2013, 02:03 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,685,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

Who else would be hysterical enough to excuse a juror simply for being a Fox News watcher?

No, it sounds to me like a bunch of right wing nuts are wanting to blame the Left for something. Anything in the news that is bad is automatically tagged "liberal". Ridiculous. I don't recall either Attorney stating their political affiliation. Nothing but a bunch of arm chair zealots using this as a platform to sling mud at liberals. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
No, it sounds to me like a bunch of right wing nuts are wanting to blame the Left for something. Anything in the news that is bad is automatically tagged "liberal". Ridiculous. I don't recall either Attorney stating their political affiliation. Nothing but a bunch of arm chair zealots using this as a platform to sling mud at liberals. Nothing more, nothing less.
TRANSLATION: Quit pointing out liberals' insane fear and hatred of Fox News! We hate it when you do that!

Old 07-16-2013, 02:07 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,241,816 times
Quote:

Indeed they are; Getting high on their own Kool-Aid.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:10 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,042 times
We need to fire these government employees that waste the taxpayers money. The laws are clear and yet they cannot read. The evidence is clear and they cannot see. Another high profile case and another example of waste by the DA folks.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:13 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Once again, the truth starts to come out:

Zimmerman was denied a fair trial because of the hysteria, fear and hatred of liberals.

And Zimmerman was acquitted anyway.

---------------------------------------

CNN: Zimmerman Prosecutor Excused Potential Black Juror for Being a Fox News Watcher | NewsBusters

CNN: Zimmerman Prosecutor Excused Potential Black Juror for Being a Fox News Watcher

By Noel Sheppard
July 16, 2013 | 12:59

George Zimmerman haters throughout the media have carped and whined about the fact that there weren’t any African-Americans on the jury despite the law requiring the accused NOT the victim be judged by his peers.

On CNN Newsroom Tuesday, it was revealed that a potential black juror had been struck by the prosecution for committing the crime of being a Fox News watcher (video follows with transcript and commentary):

[MOD CUT/copyright]

In case you were wondering, Skolnick is not a Zimmerman supporter or a conservative.
it's a trick question used in jury selection...they figure if your IQ is low enough to sit through. FOX program then its to low to understand the law well enough to assist in rendering a decision without having Hannity or someone of that ilk tell you what to think....very useful jury selection tool.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:16 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,685,319 times
Quote:
TRANSLATION: Quit pointing out liberals' insane fear and hatred of Fox News! We hate it when you do that!

I'm sorry, but i'm not a liberal, but thanks for playing and proving my point. Anyone that doesn't agree with you is a liberal. Well, I'll let you in on a little secret. I'm a gun owner, support the death penalty, and have been on Zimmerman's side through the trial. Translation: you got it wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies