Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 06:38 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times

Advertisements

So not only our the black community choosing ignore the real problem, of the self destruction almost, self genocide going on in many cities. (Baltimore, Detroit,Chicago etc..) Where alot of the crime is Black on Black.
We rather ***** about a white guy in Florida. Let's ignore the hundreds if not thousands of black youth dying in the streets yearly, due the actions of fellow black individuals.

These protesters who are supposedly fighting racial profiling yet, while they are out bitching..I mean "protesting" they are choosing to flash rob 7/11's, Walmarts, damaging other innocent stores, and basically trash the streets..

While harassing other people who are moving on with their life. Shutting down streets, blocking cars

Oh yeah if you are black you better be on Trayvons side, otherwise be prepared to harassed like a criminal. They respect Freedom of Speech, and justice unless it's something these people disagree with.

These people are making themselves look legit....

Last edited by Jermaine88; 07-16-2013 at 06:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 06:40 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
I've given up trying to understand my fellow Black people. I just sigh and keep it moving. I'm kind of over it really.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:42 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,452 times
Bad they always destroy their own community.I was in Boston during the '60's Riots I thought they was going to burn the whole city

brushrunner

Old 07-16-2013, 06:42 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
You should learn more about your history and why some black communities are in the condition that they're in.

There's not only black communities like that.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:51 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
The drug war, min wage laws, welfare and government schools all conspire to keep people down regardless of race.
Get rid of those things and most will be too busy working to engage in such unproductive endeavors.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:01 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You should learn more about your history and why some black communities are in the condition that they're in.

There's not only black communities like that.
I lived in some rough neighborhoods when I was younger. I'm 25 and can see why they are in poor condition. Some Lack of responsibility, Willingness to blame others, Full of Excuses. That's not everyone in those communities, but I believe it's the majority or close to it.
That's from my time living in certain areas.

I just don't get the logic. You are fighting profiling so what do you do?
"Hey lets go burglarize some stores."

Brilliant.

How bout behave in a way so people would have little reason to profile?

Old 07-16-2013, 07:02 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
"They" are a group numbered in the hundreds out of 42 million. Attitudes such as yours contribute to the racial divide in our nation, IMO. If we are going to paint a group of people, we should do so with a much smaller brush.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I lived in some rough neighborhoods when I was younger. I'm 25 and can see why they are in poor condition. Lack of responsibility, Willingness to blame others, Excuses. That's from my time living in certain areas.

I just don't get the logic. You are fighting profiling so what do you do?

"Hey lets go burglarize some stores."

Brilliant.

How bout behave in a way so people would have little reason to profile?
The people who are rioting, are already the ones (for the most part) who are criminals to begin with.

Your issue is the image they are portraying.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:26 PM

919 posts, read 1,690,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The people who are rioting, are already the ones (for the most part) who are criminals to begin with.

Your issue is the image they are portraying.

I agree, you can talk to a lot of people who have legitimate arguments, and don't take this approach. I actually have a friend who went down for a protest defending Trayvon as well as many other youths who have passed before their time. my biggest concern is that this isn't about race (Zimmerman not white btw), it's a problem that goes way beyond. Unfortunately until this stigmatized idea of what a criminal looks like is gone nothing is going to change. The problems falls way beyond race, gun control and even class; lack of education plays a big role as well.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:33 PM

The criminals are some of the greedy bankers, corrupt politicians and corrupt Police.

They don't even get indicted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies