Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 02:12 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The verdict is clear in this case.

If SELF DEFENSE is accepted, then, YES, the deceased was engaged in FELONY behavior (assault and attempted murder).

If SELF DEFENSE was not accepted, then, NO, the deceased was NOT engaged in FELONY behavior.
Actually, all it means is that Zimmerman, in his mind, at the height of the confrontation, believed someone was committing those acts

We know who Trayvon is now, and we know he was never going to kill George, because there is nothing in Trayvon's past to suggest he would have done so. This is all very tragic.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:13 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
To me it is beyond reasonable doubt that Zimmerman's actions were NOT justifiable homicide. It was not self-defense if he started the altercation, and brought a gun to a fist-fight.

And I've already said, if I was a juror I would have taken into account all of Zimmerman's actions that lead up to Trayvon's death, not just starting with the fight, which again we do not know who started it.
Well, you'd have been a bad juror who lied when asked by the lawyers if you could reach a verdict in accordance with the law and jury instructions.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:14 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
John Good equivocated his own testimony, on purpose.

He is a well-groomed hedge-hog, known as Johnny B. Bad.
I thought Ron Jeremy was the hedgehog

Old 07-17-2013, 02:15 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
No one, no one suggested that Trayvon crawled several feet after being shot. George jumped right on top of him and spread his arms, remember?
He could have just fallen backwards onto the grass, maybe took a step or two plus the fall puts him on the grass. Not exactly far fetched. Ask a hunter how many animals just fall flat as soon as they are shot with much larger more power rifles.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:15 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
I don't think Zimmerman deserved the death penalty but should he get off totally unpunished?

He basically tried to impersonate a police officer. He followed a stranger in the dark with a gun. In my mind if Martin saw the gun at that point he had every right to do anything to protect himself. I don't think he ever intended to kill Martin initially but his bad choices forced the confrontation in the first place.

Based on the juror's interview it sounds like the "Trayvon was a scary young Black man" defense worked and Zimmerman got off free despite terrible judgment and in my opinion illegally trying to act like a law officer. Martin was no saint and had issues (petty theft at school) but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to arm himself against an armed stranger in the dark.

Based on what I know on the case I'd have been for a minimal jail sentence, a few years of probation, and losing his conceal carry permit.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Racism is a tricky thing, you know.

Some people hate all blacks.
Some hate only the "bad ones" (or the ones they label as bad).

Zimmerman's support of the homeless guy has no bearing on how he felt about (those he deemed) degenerate blacks.
Oh please.. "black homeless" men is probably considered the bottom of society. If you can stand up for their rights, then who else wouldnt you support?

Old 07-17-2013, 02:16 PM

998 posts, read 1,215,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
John Good equivocated his own testimony, on purpose.

He is a well-groomed hedge-hog, known as Johnny B. Bad.

John Good was a credible, unbiased neutral eyewitness. He is far more credible than bias, tainted & rehearsed witness DD (Rachel Jeantel) giving hearsay testimony.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:17 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Trayvon Martin is the result of his parents and a currupt school system that broke the law with holding evidence .

When a kid is given the indication that his action have no conciquence, this is the dirct product of it.

Democrats have been distroying the black community making them the petulant child of society ,not teaching them any responsibility, dependent on the government and leaches in society.

Their preachers demand rights they did not earn ,and respect they cannot keep, even among them selves.

Blacks do not have the courage to police their own (not law enforcement) ,nor have the children the respect to obey any dicipline having every thing handed to them, and given exception against the rest of the world.

Getting into a collage because a man is black, and not becase his grade point average meets the requirement, is a common case in point.

While most of the black people I know, work and take responsibility for them selves , this because I work and take responsibility for my self, in a similiar enironment.
They them selves complain about their own famlies and friends, with these issues I just covered..

Almost every other culture comming to this country police their own ,i.e. when they know of people of their own culture talking about doing something they know is wrong , there is discussion to prevent making bad name for all of them.
Honor and acceptance means something among them, as a reflection on all of them.

But how do you govern a people with no honor ?
In a society that works to dismantle morality?
If a society cultures nothing but lies , there is no fix.

Trayvon brought this on himself , and his parents had a hand in it, as well as the democrats and liberals promoting government depenency ,not teaching personal responsibility .

Old 07-17-2013, 02:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
He basically tried to impersonate a police officer.
One of the dumbest comments I've ever read on city data

Old 07-17-2013, 02:23 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3
You wanted a trial, you got your trial, the truth came out in the trail, YOU LOST your trial, so just shut up...

That does pretty well sum it up in about 1.1 lines. There was a lot of evidence in this case--forensic, Zimmerman's account, 911 caller's account, Rachel J's account. The jury heard all of it, and fairly quickly came to a unanimous verdict of not guilty.

Yet even after all that, many liberals would still want to see Zimmerman locked away. So much for the ACLU liberalism that I grew up with. It's been replaced with SFVA (sentence first, verdict afterward) liberalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies