Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 10:34 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
The jury voted to support Zimmie's obvious lies.

Just because that's all they were given, doesn't justify arriving at a verdict supporting them.

The prosecution in this case acted to let the lies lie on the jury.

The jury obeyed.

Kind of a Pontius Pilate kind of thing.
The prosecution went with what the police believed to be true.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:34 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I'll break this down for you.

The People have to prove the charges placed on GZ beyond a reasonable doubt.
The People were not able to prove the charges because they did not have enough physical evidence or eye witnesses; therefore, GZ must be found not guilty.
Your speculation as to what happened that night is meaningless, because it is just conjecture, no one actually knows what happened and The People have a higher bar to reach then just speculation.
No speculation is needed.

There's no law requiring a jury to acquit a killer who lied to the police about the killing.

Get real!

Old 07-17-2013, 10:35 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
How does this make him a thug

Old 07-17-2013, 10:35 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I think he's talking about the German People's court, which was a kangaroo court set up by Hitler after the real courts acquitted a bunch of people in the Reichstag fire trial. Hitler didn't like the verdict and felt it was necessary to set up a court that operated outside the German constitution.
That would be Obama using Holder to further "investigate" an acquitted GZ to further try him till a more desirable outcome is achieved.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
The prosecution went with what the police believed to be true.
Serino?

Give me a break!

He says what he's told to say.

He's a government employee.

Quote:

There's no law requiring a jury to acquit a killer who lied to the police about the killing.

Get real!
Lol

He was found not guilt because the people were not able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he killed TM while not acting in self defense.

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:

Get real!
There's no law that requires the jury to find someone guilty when they believe s/he is guilty either.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:38 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The legal system worked as it should. Just because the verdict wasn't what YOU wanted, doesn't mean it's flawed.
It's flawed because the jurors allowed a man who killed a teenager to walk free and now he's afraid of "vigilantes that will be out to get him". If that isn't flawed, I don't know what is and I'd REALLY hate to see what you considered a flaw.

Quote:
You really don't have a clue as to the particulars of this case - that's apparent.
No, I do. The only thing that needs to be apparent is the fact that a killer gets to walk free and a teenager is still dead, but by all means continue supporting the murderer.

But by all means, continue to be ignorant.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
There's no law that requires the jury to find someone guilty when they believe s/he is guilty either.
Dat true.

It is the 4th branch of our Constitution's check and balance system.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
It's flawed because the jurors allowed a man who killed a teenager to walk free and now he's afraid of "vigilantes that will be out to get him". If that isn't flawed, I don't know what is and I'd REALLY hate to see what you considered a flaw.

No, I do. The only thing that needs to be apparent is the fact that a killer gets to walk free and a teenager is still dead, but by all means continue supporting the murderer.

But by all means, continue to be ignorant.
Maybe you have some evidence that the police were not able to provide the prosecution to be presented at trial that caused you to form that conclusion?

Because the jurors who weighed the evidence found him not guilty. I trust the decision made by 6 people who weighed the evidence then your gut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies