Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 11:27 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
so you don't see standing for your community as a member of Neghborhood Watch as honorable?

You don't think defending yourself from an 'addmitted murder attempt (Martin, RIH, uttertered to The Hon. Mr. Zimmerman, while in, ground-and-pound mode on The Honorable Mr. Zimmerman, "you're gonna die tonight") an honorable act?

I can easily tell what side of justic you are on (the injustuce side).
Oh, boy.

Where was this ground and pound happening? In the wet grass? Trayvon's body was in the grass, NOT the sidewalk. No ground and pound was happening when he was shot.

How do you know Trayvon said "you're gonna die tonight". Oh, yeah Zimmerman said he did. No reason for him to lie about that right.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:28 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,340 times
My original post got edited by the Mod, but one of my main points that was deleted was this:

I hope that Trayvon's death serves as a rallying call for change.

The question is: what can we as individuals do? What can we do to prevent another tragedy like this?

Any ideas?

Old 07-18-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If a 16 year-old has a bunch of women's jewelry And a large flat-head screwdriver in his backpack And tells school cops a friend gave him the jewelry And won't name the friend, yea, that's fishy. In Fact, it's more evidence of probable cause to arrest than SPD had on gz.
OK, so let's suppose Trayvon stole the jewelry. The screwdriver would indicate a forced entry. Why were there no reports of a burglary where jewelry was missing?

And finding jewelry on a person does not outweigh arresting someone for assaulting a police officer. Are you really suggesting otherwise?

Old 07-18-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
It is not necessary, rational, reasonable, adviseable, or even possible to have and refer to a database of all the crimes, violations, arrests, etc., of every piece of trash, or wanna-be trash that is in the area, so you might first look up the record of the person that is attempting to beat you to death after uttering to you those sweet words we all yearn to hear, "you are going to die tonight".
Ah, yet another attempt to avoid the truth and/or addressing the points when there is no real or valid response. Gotcha.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:31 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,906 times
Default Zimmerman Lied

When GZ was at the clubhouse, he told the detectives (in the reenactment), "he walked passed me and he kept looking at my car" (4:48). And, while on Twin Trees Lane, he told the detectives, "he came back... and he circled my car" (6:13). This took place about 40 seconds after GZ left the clubhouse. But, on the non emergency call, the only time GZ mentioned TM approaching him is after he drove past TM, and parked at the clubhouse (:56). Then, GZ left the clubhouse, turned onto Twin Trees Lane, said to the dispatcher, "sh^t... he's running" (2:07), and got out of his truck.

If you compare what GZ said in the reenactment (4:01 - 7:10) to his non-emergency call (0:42 - 2:07), it is clear that he lied. The call reveals that GZ never stopped on Twin Trees Lane long enough for TM to "circle his car".

George Zimmerman Reenactment Of Trayvon Martin Shooting - YouTube

Zimmerman call to non-emergency police line - YouTube

Since GZ lied about TM circling his car (on Twin Trees Lane), I don't see how the jury believed he was trustworthy.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 07-18-2013 at 11:39 AM..

10,553 posts, read 9,647,340 times
Quote:
Don't forget to throw "trespassing" into the mix. You wanna walk down a block, down the street, use the sidewalk (that's the narrow strip of concrete next to the road. It is where non-criminals walk.
For crying out loud. The walk-ways between the houses were used by everyone. In the condo complex where I live everyone cuts through grassy areas. You must be kidding.

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
My original post got edited by the Mod, but one of my main points that was deleted was this:

The question is: what can we as individuals do? What can we do to prevent another tragedy like this?

Any ideas?
Sadly, probably nothing. GZ killed Trayvon before the police arrived. LE had nothing to do with it. GZ acted on his own to initiate this course of events.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:32 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post

Any ideas?
I'm drawing a blank.

Trayvon drew a live round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
Yes there is. GZ said under lie detection that TM was walking next to houses & looking at houses. On GZ's recorded 911 call he said TM was looking about, just staring, somethings wrong with him, he's on drugs, he's got something in his hands, etc. Police found a Slim Jim burgulary tool in the bush where TM hid. TM's phone friend Rachel said after TM noticed security guard GZ looking at him TM said he was going to head back to the house. So he was not heading home when GZ spotted him next to houses & looking at them. It took TM over 40 minutes to get from 7-11 to where GZ spotted him & that time was confirmed by TM's phone friend Rachel.
Again, there is no proof that Trayvon stopped and stared.

Trayvon didn't have to be heading home when Zimmerman spotted him. Why would this be necessary? There have been many times when I've been headed to a destination while on the phone and rather than going in, I'd walk around a bit finishing my conversation.

This isn't the 1800's. Blacks don't need to have a reason (walking papers) to be out in public.

998 posts, read 1,215,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Again...proof?
School police reported it in the news paper in 2011 when it happened.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies