Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 09:27 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No one is asked you to be a mind reader. I'm asking that you differentiate between decent Black people and criminals. Something, I may add, many people don't do. I'm saying it is quite unfair that decent Black people like me should be lumped in with criminals. I've been profiled and followed around in a few stores before. Being treated like a criminal is not fair for me.

First of all, I don't know that many people that pay attention to Al Sharpton. Second of all, when have I once bashed "Stand Your Ground" laws? Or better yet, think about this. There is a Black woman in Florida who stood her ground, fired warning shots at an intruder. No one was hurt. However, she doesn't get to benefit from Stand Your Ground. She's going to be locked up for this.

And there is another problem. You listening to talk radio, you're bound to get a biased opinion. I don't know who you listen to, but I don't listen to the likes of Limbaugh, Imus, or the like. There is something else that radio show didn't consider, and something I am considering. If you separate law-abiding Black people from criminals, the crime rate would look quite low as well.
Brother you are going to have to realize that going back and fourth with people who naturally hate you is a big waste of time. I mean this is a poster that thinks because of black people, America has a race problem. Too many black people spend too much time trying to convince people who naturally hate us, to love us and see us as human beings. One thing black people need to realize is many white people do not want to be liked, they simply want to be respected. One of our biggest problems as a race, is we simply want white people to like us more than respect us.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:41 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Yes, white people are committing crimes all over the place. Mass murders are being committed on a daily basis. Consider how stupid your statement is, consider the probability, then contrast it with the amount of white people that make up the entire population? Ask yourself, why is it blacks represent approximately 13% of the population, yet commit about 85% or more of the violent crimes in this country? Ask yourself why are the predominantly black neighborhoods in every single urban area in this country dangerous. Why is it many blacks prefer to live in a predominantly white neighborhood.

Most black people are racist, but they are allowed to be, that is why you insisted on labeling a brown man white. As much as you would like Zimmerman to be white, to rationalize hating him even more, he isn't white. He is a person of color, so get mad at your own, for once.
I can only say the vast majority of Black crime comes from the underclass. Most Black people aren't committing violent crimes. Perhaps if you looked at which segment of the Black population that this problem comes from, perhaps you might be able to figure out why, and why alot of decent Black people seek to get away from that element. Why should I have to explain myself about a segment of the Black population that I have nothing to do with? Black people with means vote with their feet and leave. Ask yourself this. Why is it that Blacks who have decent economic means are less likely to live around one another than Blacks who live on the lower income bracket? When one thinks critically, one can see this. Whenever Blacks become more educated and get more money, they don't live around other Blacks as much. There more of this talented tenth around that you seem to want to think. They are just more dispersed than Blacks in the lower income(and underclass) populations. Perhaps it isn't that Blacks can't live around one another without problems, but rather, the Blacks who are the most likely to live in neighborhoods population solely by Blacks are often those that are in the underclass or quite poor. There are, however, middle class Blacks that live around one another, and this can be found.

And most Blacks are racist? Do you have any quantifiable proof of that? It's quite a broad-sweeping accusation. Al Sharpton doesn't speak for most of the Black population, and alot of us don't pay much attention to Al Sharpton. I sure don't. Same as there are many White people who don't pay any attention to Rush Limbaugh.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:43 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It was on talk radio, so it must be true.

Bonjour!
It wouldn't be hard to verify though. In fact, it'd be quite easy; just an hour of number crunching in Excel with UCR numbers.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:44 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Yes, white people are committing crimes all over the place. Mass murders are being committed on a daily basis. Consider how stupid your statement is, consider the probability, then contrast it with the amount of white people that make up the entire population? Ask yourself, why is it blacks represent approximately 13% of the population, yet commit about 85% or more of the violent crimes in this country? Ask yourself why are the predominantly black neighborhoods in every single urban area in this country dangerous. Why is it many blacks prefer to live in a predominantly white neighborhood.

Most black people are racist, but they are allowed to be, that is why you insisted on labeling a brown man white. As much as you would like Zimmerman to be white, to rationalize hating him even more, he isn't white. He is a person of color, so get mad at your own, for once.
Most homicides are committed between two people that know each other. So it's unlikely that some random black guy or random person of any race is going to kill you. So consider how stupid it is to fear every black guy you encounter. I was being facetious in my statement, I don't consider every white person to be a racist. However I know people that do believe that and as a result it limits there interactions with white people, because they think every white person is out to get them. It's just as ignorant as assuming every black guy is out to get you.

I'm black, live in an all black middle class area. No I have no desire to live in a majority white area, never have. Most black people prefer diverse race areas or all black areas hence why so many majority black cities exist.

Zimmerman is a Hispanic White also, his father is a white man.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:45 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Brother you are going to have to realize that going back and fourth with people who naturally hate you is a big waste of time. I mean this is a poster that thinks because of black people, America has a race problem. Too many black people spend too much time trying to convince people who naturally hate us, to love us and see us as human beings. One thing black people need to realize is many white people do not want to be liked, they simply want to be respected. One of our biggest problems as a race, is we simply want white people to like us more than respect us.
One reason I feel like I have to say something is fear. Types like that scare me for a reason. If someone's thoughts and words are like this, one has to wonder what their deeds are. Perhaps people like me shout when there are those who says disparaging things about Blacks like us is because of the feeling of being attacked. Perhaps I speak out because I know that I'm not being respected. I know said persons don't respect people like you and I. There are some racist persons who try to make justifications for their racism, rather than to just admit it without any kind of justification.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:48 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
. Second of all, when have I once bashed "Stand Your Ground" laws? Or better yet, think about this. There is a Black woman in Florida who stood her ground, fired warning shots at an intruder. No one was hurt. However, she doesn't get to benefit from Stand Your Ground. She's going to be locked up for this.

Look into the facts of that case and you will realize it's a complete piece of BS used by those with an agenda trying to compare with the Zimmerman-Martin incident. This woman ran outside of a house, then came back inside and fired a "warning shot" with kids in the room that was hit a wall at head level.

Another example of people seeing what they want to to fit their agenda. It's the same kind of distortion of facts and attempts at emotional manipulation of stupid people. Similar to showing picture of a younger baby faced Trayvon Martin for days initially after the shooting, or people on the other side who keep assuming that Martin iniitiated the assault, when the only evidence of that is Zimmerman saying it was so. For all you know Zimmerman pulled out the gun and threatened to kill him...there's no way of knowing what went on in those moments.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Most homicides are committed between two people that know each other. So it's unlikely that some random black guy or random person of any race is going to kill you. So consider how stupid it is to fear every black guy you encounter. I was being facetious in my statement, I don't consider every white person to be a racist. However I know people that do believe that and as a result it limits there interactions with white people, because they think every white person is out to get them. It's just as ignorant as assuming every black guy is out to get you.

I'm black, live in an all black middle class area. No I have no desire to live in a majority white area, never have. Most black people prefer diverse race areas or all black areas hence why so many majority black cities exist.

Zimmerman is a Hispanic White also, his father is a white man.
His mother is from Peru, and she certainly has Amer-Indian blood judging from her face. I don't think most native Americans would refer to themselves as "white".

George Zimmerman looks Hispanic and I'm sure has been "profiled" as Hispanic in his life.

Again, this is agenda...George Zimmerman has to be white because it fits an emotional and political agenda, it does not fit facts, but those don't matter.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:57 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post

Well then you are not street smart. You should be apprehensive if any unknown man walks up to you. Does it matter what race of the man is once you are on the sidewalk shot bleeding?
That is exactly what I said. Just that I would be less apprehensive if he was white. Statistically I'm correct, but anything is possible. If I'm "not street smart" I must be extremely lucky. I've traveled the world with a backpack (nearly 100 countries), staying in gritty neighborhoods without any incidents.
And yeah, I'm pretty sure I've been in more tough places than you have.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:58 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Stockholm Syndrome???? What I am saying is that, black men are in a unique situation only because the media, and gangsta rap keeps the negative stereotype going, and going, and going.
Profit - greed and the lust for fame at any cost drag the rest of American blacks to their knees. Remember the blues? Remember Motown- remember R&B...beautiful positive music that generated love and hope...What happened? I see fools in their cars booming away with computer generated percussion...and some chump with no talent using auto tune - sending out a message of violence and greed...while the driver cruses thinking that he is getting some cultural power...when in fact he is getting robbed.........Black culture has taken a turn for the worst- and black artists instead of serving their followers with something good............are ROBBING THEIR OWN.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
One reason I feel like I have to say something is fear. Types like that scare me for a reason. If someone's thoughts and words are like this, one has to wonder what their deeds are. Perhaps people like me shout when there are those who says disparaging things about Blacks like us is because of the feeling of being attacked. Perhaps I speak out because I know that I'm not being respected. I know said persons don't respect people like you and I. There are some racist persons who try to make justifications for their racism, rather than to just admit it without any kind of justification.
Your biggest fear from most white racists is economic, except maybe in some dark reaches of the American south. Violent attacks on minorities make big headlines, but their frequency are about equivalent to lighting strikes in terms of statistics. How many black people do you know who've actually been killed or beaten by whites?

On the reverse side, I know many, many people of all races who've been victimized by violent crime from black people. Friends in Brooklyn robbed at gunpoint in their apartments, robbed on the subway, jumped by gangs of black kids, women who've been manhandled by black kids, cell phones stolen after being sucker punched, etc. When something like the Martin incident happens, (and I'm someone who believes that Zimmerman should be in jail for Crim. Neg. Homicide), it gets blown out of proportion, but it doesn't change which way the overwhelming statistics of violence trend.

While I don't expect you to respect or like "types like that", you have much bigger things to fear in your life then being hunted down by racist white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies