Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 12:31 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,239,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'd like to see some statistics on that.
Please provide them.

I heard it on talk radio so it must be true does not count for statistics.
I said that as well.

Indeed, the numbers wouldn't be hard to verify either. In fact, it'd be quite easy; just an hour of number crunching in Excel with UCR numbers. If indeed true that US crime would equal that of Switzerland, it would be quite sobering.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:33 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,876,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'd like to see some statistics on that.
Please provide them.

I heard it on talk radio so it must be true does not count for statistics.
The numbers are likely to be illogically skewed, meaning that the numbers would still rely on the black population existing, but that no single black person commits a crime.

So, per capita, we may be on the level of Switzerland, but to be so, we would need unreasonable circumstances.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:34 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,254,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Enjoy your victimhood. By your logic, I would be safer living in Detroit or Chicago. Not!
What??? Your logic is equal to that of a 2 year old. Of course there are places that are less safe, but that has nothing to do with assuming all black men are criminals.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post

It's human nature!!! Whether you want to accept it or not, doesn't change that fact.
So, when a white person is racist, it's bigotry and ignorance. But when a black person is racist, it's human nature.

While there isn't an official rule book, your race game seems pretty easy to get the hang of.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
So, when a white person is racist, it's bigotry and ignorance. But when a black person is racist, it's human nature.

While there isn't an official rule book, your race game seems pretty easy to get the hang of.
Reading is fundamental. I never said racism is justified. I'm telling you the reasons people justify it, whites justify there's by saying blacks are inferior and criminals and blacks by saying whitey has held me down.

If you aren't aware of this, I can only imagine that you skipped history class or are just totally clueless.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
What??? Your logic is equal to that of a 2 year old. Of course there are places that are less safe, but that has nothing to do with assuming all black men are criminals.
Wait, wouldn't it just be human nature to feel unsafe in a predominantly black neighborhood?

Old 07-22-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Wait, wouldn't it just be human nature to feel unsafe in a predominantly black neighborhood?
For a racist person like you yes.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Reading is fundamental. I never said racism is justified. I'm telling you the reasons people justify it, whites justify there's by saying blacks are inferior and criminals and blacks by saying whitey has held me down.

If you aren't aware of this, I can only imagine that you skipped history class or are just totally clueless.
Don't type like a middle-school flunky and expect to be taken seriously, much less question another's educational achievements.

Having said that, you really need to get over slavery. Hell, you've probably never even picked a tomato from your own garden.

Your ancestors (who were actually victims of white oppression) would be insulted and disgusted with all the opportunities, great standard of living, and social civility and equality you enjoy in 2013, yet, you insist on burying your face in a box of tissues because you are too damn lazy to rise from victimhood.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
For a racist person like you yes.
LOL!! Page 1 or 2 in your "I'm a poor, poor black person, and everyone hates me" playbook?

Old 07-22-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Don't type like a middle-school flunky and expect to be taken seriously, much less question another's educational achievements.

Having said that, you really need to get over slavery. Hell, you've probably never even picked a tomato from your own garden.

Your ancestors (who were actually victims of white oppression) would be insulted and disgusted with all the opportunities, great standard of living, and social civility and equality you enjoy in 2013, yet, you insists on burying your face in a box of tissues because you are too damn lazy to rise from victimhood.
Tell white people to get over it first and then black people will be able to move on. Heck if anything there seems to be some weird obsession with black people on this forum and I imagine it probably translates into real life as well. Most black people just want to be left alone and not judged off the craziness of a few. Just as I presume you don't want black people walking around and assuming you're a klansman because you are white.

You do realize black women have the high rate of college entrance, even higher then white men. So I think we'll be just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.