Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 05:21 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,885,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Liberalism isnt about politics. It's a mindset. That mindset is at play here in this magazines decision to post bomber boy's pic. Its VERY relevent to the discussion.

Rolling Stone has ALWAYS been heavily into politics since its inception.
Like Playboy some only look at the pics by saying they read the articles.....I gave Rolling Stone up about 20 years ago, their politics get in my way of reading about Rock Stars!

The Badgering of Bob Dylan, Or, Tell Us You Love Obama, Bob! Please! - Hit & Run : Reason.com
But around 10 percent of the interview is dedicated to a bizarre performance from interlocutor Mikal Gilmore seeming desperate to get Bob Dylan to say that he thinks criticism of Barack Obama is based on racism, say he voted for Obama, or say he really likes Obama.

Gilmore then tries to get Dylan to say if he votes. Dylan won't, though he is browbeaten into a generic public service announcement declaration that "We live in a democracy. What do you want me to say? Voting is a good thing."

Then Gilmore gets more direct: what does Dylan think of Obama? Dylan first deflects with: "You should be asking his wife what she thinks of him."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 06:27 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,764,370 times
Zimmerman’s replacement has arrived complements of Rolling Stone Magazine

Old 07-17-2013, 09:19 PM

15,481 posts, read 10,402,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They are putting the surviving Boston Marathon bomber on the cover.....

Boston bombing suspect on cover of Rolling Stone - CNN.com

I won't read the magazine again, not even if the choice is that or Knitting World at my dentists office.
I didn't know he was in a band. Seriously though, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:38 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,019,858 times
Lots of retailers won't carry the issue, and rightfully so.

To those few losers who are saying only the "right" is outraged over this, you are so wrong. Google around some or read comments on their FB page.

And if you see nothing wrong with this stunt, I seriously have to question your mental stability and ability to feel compassion, for the victims.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:45 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,426,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They are putting the surviving Boston Marathon bomber on the cover.....

Boston bombing suspect on cover of Rolling Stone - CNN.com

I won't read the magazine again, not even if the choice is that or Knitting World at my dentists office.
Tired of people creating petitions and encouraging boycotts and blah blah blah.

Rolling Stone is making an interesting statement. People who knew the attacker saw him as the epitome of normal. But he was secretly a monster. How terrifying, and what a great story, and what a picture worth a thousand words.

Get over it, grow up, get on with it.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:46 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,426,699 times
Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. Thank god for Rolling Stone (expressing their CAPITALIST right to make money off controversy)!

Old 07-17-2013, 09:47 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,246,819 times
I hope anyone who felt this was a good idea, loses their job.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:56 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,033,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I hope anyone who felt this was a good idea, loses their job.
Did anybody lose their jobs when this guy was featured on the cover of the Rolling Stone?

Or was that okay because the victims were merely Hollywood types?

Last edited by wytrvn; 07-17-2013 at 10:09 PM..

Old 07-17-2013, 10:19 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,246,819 times
Different era, no comparison. Manson was a crazy loon, who enthralled young girls with sex and drugs. All part of the culture back then. They killed Sharon Tate, hardly the same scale as maiming dozens of people, for life. Putting an entire city in fear, stealing away the security people felt about attending an innocent, community activity.

This guy wraps up all of our prejuidices about foreign students, he has no doubt, created more issues for other foreign students. He is a terrorist, and should not be afforded any status. Or do you want some copy cat crimes?

My opinion, he is a terrorist, no trial, straight to Gitmo. Get the water board.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:39 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,237,770 times
Liberal trash magazine.

I'm glad so many stores are pulling the rag from their shelves, and so many musicians are speaking up in disgust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies