Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 07:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Please.

"Award winning journalism" meaning awards given by other Liberals. Sorta reminds me of all those Soviet generals who used to pin medals all over themselves for "valor" and "bravery."
Nobody did a better job of covering the economic collapse and the reasons for it than Rolling Stone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 07:14 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Have no answer for your baseless allegation, eh?

Forget about folks like Reagan pandering to your alleged 'liberal manna'?
No, you just don't understand what I'm talking about.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Lots of retailers won't carry the issue, and rightfully so.

To those few losers who are saying only the "right" is outraged over this, you are so wrong. Google around some or read comments on their FB page.

And if you see nothing wrong with this stunt, I seriously have to question your mental stability and ability to feel compassion, for the victims.
Exactly! I live in Boston, Massachusetts, arguably the most liberal Democratic city and state in the union. It's a big story here and there is more than a little outrage over it. People here are pi--ed!

"Failed by his family", "Fell into radical Islam".

The blood is barely dry on Boylston St and this author thinks she knows what is in this poor man/child's heart.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Tired of people creating petitions and encouraging boycotts and blah blah blah.

Rolling Stone is making an interesting statement. People who knew the attacker saw him as the epitome of normal. But he was secretly a monster. How terrifying, and what a great story, and what a picture worth a thousand words.

Get over it, grow up, get on with it.
Spoken like a true female 'tweener.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Did anybody lose their jobs when this guy was featured on the cover of the Rolling Stone?

Or was that okay because the victims were merely Hollywood types?
Does the accompanying article on Manson talk about how he was "failed by his family" and how he "Fell into the mindset of starting a race war"? What is it that has you people lacking comprehension on this level? Oh, I know, it's the doe-eyes and the shaggy locks that has you in such a tizzy.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:53 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. Thank god for Rolling Stone (expressing their CAPITALIST right to make money off controversy)!
The counterpoint is that they will probably make less money because of their choice. Consumers and retailers have a capitalist choice too - and I think this issue will sell many thousands fewer copies. Don't know what the advertisers for that issue paid.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:59 AM

Excellent opinion pieces about this from Boston.

Graham: Magazine

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ed...ston_reac.html

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 07-18-2013 at 08:11 AM..

Old 07-18-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Everyone is judging the book by it's cover. Read the article then comment on the cover. It's chilling.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: Jahar's World | Culture News | Rolling Stone
I read it. It doesn't provide a lot of new information outside of what I had suspected. It seems like the older brother actually most likely wanted the good life but like so many wasn't willing to work for it.

His religion doesn't teach that you can just lay around the house all day and expect others to provide for you. He believed by praying 5 times a day that everything would just fall into his lap with nothing more expected out of him. When that didn't happen he had to find someone to lash out at rather than to accept the reasons he was getting nowhere was because of him.

It's seems that Jahar was simply a dumb ass follower.

There is more to this though. It likely would have been a positive thing for the older brother to have joined the military but I can certainly understand his reluctance to be called to go kill others that have done nothing to him. It's too bad that belief was more likely an excuse to avoid admitting to himself that he was irresponsible and lazy.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Exactly! I live in Boston, Massachusetts, arguably the most liberal Democratic city and state in the union. It's a big story here and there is more than a little outrage over it. People here are pi--ed!

"Failed by his family", "Fell into radical Islam".

The blood is barely dry on Boylston St and this author thinks she knows what is in this poor man/child's heart.
Obviously the article wasn't read as the author doesn't even try and explain why he did what he did. Basically the conclusion of the article is that it makes no sense.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Does the accompanying article on Manson talk about how he was "failed by his family" and how he "Fell into the mindset of starting a race war"? What is it that has you people lacking comprehension on this level? Oh, I know, it's the doe-eyes and the shaggy locks that has you in such a tizzy.
Yes, that has been covered many times. It's been noted over and over about his mother being a prostitute that spent much of her time in prison and him being raised in that atmosphere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies