Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 09:49 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times

Advertisements

After seeing that son-of-a-terrorist-****** on their cover, I will never buy their magazine again. I could care less about the "story". He's not a rockstar, he's a piece of *****! He chose to kill, nevermind what his parents did. Gee, let's throw parents under the bus and give kids free rein to be killers because they can just blame it on us, right? Way to go, glorifying terrorism right here in the good ole USofA. They should just rename their magazine رولينج ستون.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 09:52 AM

27,547 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
People find all kinds of crap to be interesting.
Yeah.. like Rolling Stone Magazine.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:54 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
After seeing that son-of-a-terrorist-****** on their cover, I will never buy their magazine again. I could care less about the "story". He's not a rockstar, he's a piece of *****! He chose to kill, nevermind what his parents did. Gee, let's throw parents under the bus and give kids free rein to be killers because they can just blame it on us, right? Way to go, glorifying terrorism right here in the good ole USofA. They should just rename their magazine رولينج ستون.
He is most likely going to prison for the rest of his life. If his parents had a role in creating in him what caused this it's an important discussion to have.

Why, is always something important to get to. Why isn't going to get him out of his life sentence.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:57 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They are putting the surviving Boston Marathon bomber on the cover.....

Boston bombing suspect on cover of Rolling Stone - CNN.com

I won't read the magazine again, not even if the choice is that or Knitting World at my dentists office.
I know it seems like he's being rewarded for being a criminal. I agree with you that he should not be. However, if that wasn't the cover, the article would not be known. Now that I've seen it, I want to read it. It is interesting. How does a popular dude in the U.S. become a criminal? Is it solely because he's Islamic? I want to know. So I agree with you, but I don't know what alternative there is. This article is probably incredibly informative and worth reading.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:58 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
People find all kinds of crap to be interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Yeah.. like Rolling Stone Magazine.
Or like that hero of the right, the urine soaked, feces smeared, draft dodging Ted Nugent.

Perhaps Rolling Stone can ease some of this feigned outrage by putting him on the cover.

UPDATE: My bad, the has been already has been on the cover of the Rolling Stone!

Oh, the humanity.......................................... .......................................

Old 07-17-2013, 10:15 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
You've made it big time when "You're on the cover of the Rolling Stone"

He's a Rock Star !

http://www.elyrics.net/read/d/dr.-ho...ne-lyrics.html

Quote:
Well, we're big rock singers
We've got golden fingers
And we're loved everywhere we go
We sing about beauty and we sing about truth
For ten-thousand dollars a show
We take all kinds of pills that give us all kind of thrills
But the thrill we've never known
Is the thrill that'll get ya when you get your picture
On the cover of the Rolling Stone

Wanna see my picture on the cover
Wanna buy five copies for my mother
Wanna see my smilin' face
On the cover of the Rolling Stone

Old 07-17-2013, 10:31 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
"I didn't know that setting off bombs and killing people could get you on the cover of RS. I always thought you had to become a talented, acclaimed musician. Huh, learn something new every day in America..."

Well actually he deserves the cover based on that criteria as he is one the only terrorists, under Obama's watch, whose bomb exploded after it was set off. Add to that the FBI was warned about these guys and even armed with that knowledge, what should have been a easy win for the FBI and a colossal disadvantage to the the brothers' plans, he and his bro still pulled off their bombing. Makes him look like a terrorist virtuoso.

Hope that was RS's final issue.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:32 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Are you guys outraged with books that have Hitler's or Stalin's photo on the cover?

How is that different

Old 07-17-2013, 10:37 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Cool so I can go bomb my city and get on the cover of rolling stone?

Old 07-17-2013, 10:39 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Cool so I can go bomb my city and get on the cover of rolling stone?
So you make a duplicate thread & then comment on this one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies