Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 11:20 AM

640 posts, read 461,530 times

Advertisements

* They travel miles in the heat.
* They risk their lives crossing a border.
* They don't get paid enough wages.
* They do jobs that others won't do or are afraid to do.
* They live in crowded conditions among a people who speak a different language.
* They rarely see their families, and they face adversity all day every day.

I'm not talking about illegal Mexicans,
I'm talking about our troops.

Doesn't it seem strange that many Democrats and Republicans are willing to lavish all kinds of social benefits on illegals, but don't support our troops and are now threatening to de-fund them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 11:47 AM

791 posts, read 2,223,005 times
You mean SanFran Nan and High Roller Harry ?

Old 11-09-2007, 01:02 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
De-fund troops? Isn't that the GOP and their supposed tax cuts?

The biggest supporters of continuing the status of undocumented workers we have in the US today is the GOP. They like folks who work cheap and don't complain.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:03 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
the reality is.. the democratic congress has a majority, but not a 2/3 majority to override the president's veto... so.. pulling the troops out is just not going to happen until there is a president that wants it... the only thing congress can do against the war is to stop funding it.. in hopes that the president will bring them home.. but he won't and isn't.. because they are using the troops to make a political statement against the democrats.. in trying to say.. "look how unamerican they are.. they won't fund our troops" when the whole reason is they assumed that without funds.. bush wouldn't keep them there.. but he is... so.. who's got the best interest of the troops at heart?

Old 11-09-2007, 01:06 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Yes, I am sure the troops would hate to be defunded and have to come home safely to their families, instead of getting to stay forever in those conditions you refer to. Those dastardly politicians. .

Let's just have a Victory Parade and Call it a War.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:07 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys View Post
You mean SanFran Nan and High Roller Harry ?
Oh please spare us this nonsense. George W Bush and his administration have been exposed for what they are and most Americans now are well aware of just how much he "cares" for the troops.

Its no longer DEM vs GOP anymore. Well, at least it shoudnt be.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:09 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Yes, I am sure the troops would hate to be defunded and have to come home safely to their families, instead of getting to stay forever in those conditions you refer to. Those dastardly politicians. .
EXACTLY.

The soldiers cant speak up for themselves, theyve sworn an oath. Well, we sure as hell havent and should be screaming at the tops of our lungs on THEIR BEHALF to bring them home from this bottomless pit.

It really surprises me that so many Neo-Cons would be against bringing them home. Its almost as if saving face is more important than our soldiers lives.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post

Let's just have a Victory Parade and Call it a War.
the point is... BOTH political parties are trying to make a political statement against the other.. and using the troops as their soapbox...
its disgraceful..
I don't take kindly to people sitting here and saying that the democrats are any worse than the republicans

Old 11-09-2007, 01:27 PM

If you're a parent that gives your child an allowance... and they use it for destructive reasons.. like buying drugs and alcohol.. is the parent at fault for stopping the allowance... even if the child refuses to quit their destructive behavior?
seems the same issue applies to congress and the president...
If you want bush to stop putting troops in harms way.. you stop funding it... only later to have him insist that its needed, and telling his friends what a crappy parent/congress you are.. for not giving him his allowance....the point is.. the child/bush is engaging in destructive behavior(war)... blaming the parents/congress because... they refuse to fund it.. and seeking out friends(GOP) who are sympathetic.. and jump on the "its them not me" bandwagon...

Old 11-09-2007, 01:32 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
* They travel miles in the heat.
* They risk their lives crossing a border.
* They don't get paid enough wages.
* They do jobs that others won't do or are afraid to do.
* They live in crowded conditions among a people who speak a different language.
* They rarely see their families, and they face adversity all day every day.

I'm not talking about illegal Mexicans,
I'm talking about our troops.

Doesn't it seem strange that many Democrats and Republicans are willing to lavish all kinds of social benefits on illegals, but don't support our troops and are now threatening to de-fund them?
very good post. you got rep. very little of the money goes to the troops most to big fat contracts. we have loyal soldiers serving. i am concerned bout how they get treated i am concerned about the 3 trillion dollars dropped on the "democracyization of iraq?????"
burning question. russian troops when they occupy walk behind tanks patrolling the streets. our guys walk in front of hummvs.
i dont get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies