Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 02:57 PM

24 posts, read 163,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell82 View Post
Can't we all just get along?
First, I would also like to say congrats on your progress! I'm so very proud of you!

As for your question, no. People on BOTH SIDES will always throw around excesses and cast blame on others in order to make themselves feel better. Until we stop wasting our engry trying to find someone to pin the blame on and refocus our engry into coming together and HELPING people we'll continue to always have problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 03:10 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki_Anderson View Post
She probably is. There's no way that I would be hanging out with or dating an addict. Birds of a feather flock together.
You never know how deep denial runs.
I'm long time sober and didn't realize an acquaintance was an addict until someone else pointed it out.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:16 PM

207 posts, read 336,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
First, I would also like to say congrats on your progress! I'm so very proud of you!

As for your question, no. People on BOTH SIDES will always throw around excesses and cast blame on others in order to make themselves feel better. Until we stop wasting our engry trying to find someone to pin the blame on and refocus our engry into coming together and HELPING people we'll continue to always have problems.
Thank you for that!! As for the second paragraph . Actually I understand why people sometimes get worked up over race issues, it's always going to happen. I just wish we could all start over tomorrow and be rid of the stereotypes and just have a celebration of our different and unique cultures. I grew up in Florin, CA which is in Sacramento. A community with about 50,000 people which now ranks 10th in the nation for diversity, right behind NYC Most Diverse Cities in America. We had some amazing muli-cultural assemblies. Was awesome to see all the different performances each ethnic group put on.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:02 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,725,220 times
HEROIN AND BOOZE KILLS.!!! smoke weed, not one overdose has ever been recorded from the magic five finger plant...

Old 07-18-2013, 08:28 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,587,825 times
Having been a teenager during the heroin epidemic of the '70s and early '80s and having lost a lot of friends to the needle growing up, I can say this is not new. It seems to move in cycles.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:32 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,725,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Having been a teenager during the heroin epidemic of the '70s and early '80s and having lost a lot of friends to the needle growing up, I can say this is not new. It seems to move in cycles.

seen a few my self,, totally a down hill ride to the cliff at the end ride

Old 07-18-2013, 08:46 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Oxy, an opioid, is used in epidurals during childbirth. While the duration is short, it's industrial strength. I never met a mom who got high.
Really?? I had no idea that's what they used. They gave it to me and no it doesn't last long but while it did I felt no pain. I certainly didn't get high from it.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:07 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,227 times
I was in the hospital once getting treated for a fractured orbital bone and a broken hand. When I was released they gave me a straight shot of morphine because they wanted to bring down my heart rate.

There is a high. I've experimented with plenty of drugs in my day. I have never shot heroin or taken any opiod in pi form except for when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I can see why heroin is a desirable drug. When I was given the shot of morphine, there is an intense rush of heat through your whole body which wears off into a very distinct type of relaxation. In contrast to the pill form of opiates...it is night and day. The form of administration is everything.

I've never taken lean or any mixture of codeine/prometh.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:09 PM

49 posts, read 118,846 times
heroin isn't as addictive like crack is it. I have no idea why its coming back though.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:23 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhart View Post
heroin isn't as addictive like crack is it. I have no idea why its coming back though.
As has been previously stated most youth start their journey with opioids, synthetic heroin pain killers. Heroin is a better bang for the buck and easier to come by in most areas. Smoking or snorting heroin seems to have lessened the stigma associated with heroin. Some eventually move onto the needle.

Why? Or perhaps, why not? No one dabbles in crack or opioids/opiates or Meth thinking they be become addicted. They all believe they will be able to control it and remain in denial long after the substance controls them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies