Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 06:58 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
White people entering public treatment facilities for heroin rose 6 percent, while the number of blacks entering treatment dropped by 8 percent, the study found. While heroin use among blacks is trending down, blacks make up 60 percent of those seeking help from public treatment facilities in Illinois, the study reported.
PWNED by your own article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 06:58 PM

121 posts, read 142,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Heroin is too expensive for blacks probably.
Meth is more in their budget.
It is well known that meth is primarily used by whites, especially those who are low income. California, Arizona, Nevada and much of the south have very high rates of meth use amongst a number of low income whites.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherish643 View Post
Clearly you are in denial.
Clearly you are a CD poster who has had their posterior handed to them repeatedly under other user names and is failing....again...under their new assumed one.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
PWNED by your own article.
You want to believe what you wish, despite the facts. Keep deluding yourself.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:02 PM

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ts-no-big-deal
Quote:

These young junkies today aren't looking to some photo of a scabby, withered lost soul in a magazine or documentary as who their peers are, they are looking at Jimmy the high school football player, Sally the cheerleader and Tommy the valedictorian as their role models--and Jimmy, Sally and Tommy are all high on heroin.
It is rampant in schools, we learned through our investigation. "You can count the people who aren't on heroin, as opposed to the ones who are," one high school junkie told me.
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1099140

Quote:

Heroin use among teenagers is increasing at an alarming rate as experts say the drug, long considered to be prevalent only in urban areas, is infiltrating the suburbs.
All across suburban America, young people are getting hooked on a drug parents never suspected they needed to fear.

Kids in the city know not to touch it, but the message never got out to the suburbs,” former Chicago Police Capt. John Roberts told NBC News.
Roberts’ 19-year-old son died of a heroin overdose after the family moved to Chicago’s suburbs. Roberts, newly retired from the police department, thought his children would be safer.
“We didn’t think it would ever be a problem out here,” he said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...#ixzz2ZMIeoV00

Old 07-17-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
You want to believe what you wish, despite the facts. Keep deluding yourself.
No.it's more like you just died in your own thread.

You? Failed? YES!

Old 07-17-2013, 07:06 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
It is well known that meth is primarily used by whites, especially those who are low income. California, Arizona, Nevada and much of the south have very high rates of meth use amongst a number of low income whites.
Meth is referred to as hillbilly heroin.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:06 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
I think part of the problem is, a lot of people don't wan to discuss the role of childhood physical or sexual abuse and drug addiction. They want to pretend that many of these people just decide one day to use hard drugs, just for experimentation alone.

The majority of hardcore addicts have major self esteem issues and do not feel worthy to even exist. In the CNN comments section, readers were asking, why would Cory Monteith who seemed to have it all, risk everything by using heroin, alcohol and meth. The answer is, he clearly didn't have it all, because he had major mental health issues that are often exhibited by people who experience early childhood trauma/abuse.

More people need to look beyond the surface and understand that drug addiction doesn't just usually "happen."
Very true. In my experience, the people who tend to have the most (wealth, notoriety, access to excess) tend to be the ones who indulge the most.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:09 PM

Meth is the worst drug there is... and it is indeed the drug of choice for whites below the poverty line.

But who cares? What does this prove? Nothing.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:10 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell82 View Post
I'm white, I'm 31, and I used to be addicted to opiates. I have 19 months of sobriety, and am a born again Christian. The reason I started using is because I had a traumatizing childhood. My father has schizoid effective disorder which means he's schizophrenic and bi-polar. He was a meth addict, alcoholic, LSD you name it, and he sold large amounts of drugs for the H.A. He used to take me on drug runs, and it was just an all-around bad experience growing up with a father who's got major problems all over the place. I was allowed to smoke weed and get drunk as a teenager, and by 17 my dad was giving me vicodin, and they made me feel a euphoric feeling and eventually I started asking for them, stealing them, he would have me sell them, and I would take half of the whole script. It helped me deal with the pain I could not get rid of, there was no closure for what happened to me as a kid. I used to spend every last dime I had on pills and weed. I was a drug addict for 12 years. Fortunately the Lord called me home, and today life is great clean and sober.
Congratulations to you. I wish you much success in your sobriety walk. It works if you work it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies