Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 07:28 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Would help if you read the post I was addressing....now who's not keeping up?
I did read it, and am keeping up just fine... what in my response made you think otherwise?

Old 07-18-2013, 07:35 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Anyway, I think I've hashed this out enough now! Just trying to say that almost ALL musicians get "political" sometimes, whether through their lyrics or statements made during the show. And the fact that he was in Ireland seems irrelevant, especially since somebody (multiple people?) was holding a sign in regards to this issue.

Maybe it's just me, but I actually like when they talk to the audience during a live show - regardless of the topic, and of course within reason. I mean, I don't want them talking more than playing! But if I solely wanted to hear them play tracks off their albums, I could stay home and listen to my iTunes instead. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:38 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
But that's the whole point... those songs ARE his opinions, and much more political ones than this Ireland incident. Do you know what they actually mean? I didn't until looking up the lyrics yesterday (not really a fan of his music), and "Born in the USA" is particularly blunt in its message.
It's not about all of his songs.....your way out there come back to the OP.

The some of us have known about him and his politics for 40 yrs....... glad you could look up online to form your opinion.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'll give you that! I was flabbergasted when I saw Eric Clapton in Sacramento some years ago (2001ish?), and security yelled at a couple for slow-dancing during "Tears in Heaven." Really??? We all yelled at the guards to let them dance.

Personally I miss the Grateful Dead shows, of which I attended around 10-12 just in the '90s alone (too young prior to then). Those were only half about the music, and half about having a groovy time. Hehe.
Oh good grief now you can't slow dance in place.

The last real fun concert I went to was Aerosmith and people kept throwing shoes at the band. Tyler was so pissed he called them on stage and no one excepted, he was actually dodging shoes.
Couldn't believe it, we couldn't figure out if people brought extra pairs of shoes or used the ones they were wearing.

People have just changed in concert settings, I've attended so many outdoor concerts in California, mainly Marysville to Sacramento, back in the good olé' days!!! Cow Palace was a blast for concerts!!

Old 07-18-2013, 07:44 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
Quote:
But that's the whole point... those songs ARE his opinions, and much more political ones than this Ireland incident. Do you know what they actually mean? I didn't until looking up the lyrics yesterday (not really a fan of his music), and "Born in the USA" is particularly blunt in its message.
Are you that thick in the head?
I said many times I'm a die hard fan of Springsteen's....of course I know what his music is about

You actually had to look it up....

Wow

Old 07-18-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Are you that thick in the head?
I said many times I'm a die hard fan of Springsteen's....of course I know what his music is about

You actually had to look it up....

Wow
Guess we're old

Old 07-18-2013, 07:51 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Guess we're old
Lol my 19 year old loves Springsteen, so it's not that....
btw that's what I love about the Boss in concert-
its all ages from 10 - 70 & everyone's dancing, totally entranced with Bruce

Old 07-18-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Anyway, I think I've hashed this out enough now! Just trying to say that almost ALL musicians get "political" sometimes, whether through their lyrics or statements made during the show. And the fact that he was in Ireland seems irrelevant, especially since somebody (multiple people?) was holding a sign in regards to this issue.

Maybe it's just me, but I actually like when they talk to the audience during a live show - regardless of the topic, and of course within reason. I mean, I don't want them talking more than playing! But if I solely wanted to hear them play tracks off their albums, I could stay home and listen to my iTunes instead. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
Do you know the song he dedicated was about a cop shooting the person, not a civilian shooting someone? Kind of makes it sound like the cops shot Trayvon if people weren't following along.

Wrong Song, Wrong Time!!! Nothing against him personally!

Old 07-18-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Lol my 19 year old loves Springsteen, so it's not that....
btw that's what I love about the Boss in concert-
its all ages from 10 - 70 & everyone's dancing, totally entranced with Bruce
I agree totally !!! His music has never been offensive to this country......

Old 07-18-2013, 08:54 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,690 times
My wife and I have seen Springsteen in concert over 20 times.

Bruce, please shut up and play!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies