Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 11:58 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
He's basically a Glenn Beck, but more unstable.

What does this guy say that hasn't been said by Beck, Coulter, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, or Hannity???
Harrier doesn't know - he doesn't listen to them.

Larry's show is very informative and entertaining - but Harrier usually isn't able to listen to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Larry Elder is a black man who is frustrated with the seeming degeneration of the black family. And a black culture which has become increasingly irresponsible.

He blames this change of black culture on the liberal victimhood mentality. Where blacks feels no responsibility for bettering themselves, because they feel that all of their problems are because of white people(or Asians, Mexicans, the police, the government, etc). And thus deserve perpetual reparations from white people, for the supposed harm they have incurred from a legacy of slavery and discrimination.

Larry Elder hates the victimhood mentality, he hates the irresponsible ghetto culture largely spawned by the welfare state. And wants black people to collectively stand up and say they are done with being victims. They are done with a culture that breeds irresponsibility, and they are going to stand up and make things better for themselves, instead of demanding everyone else to do it for them.

There are more than 40 million black people in the United States. There are nearly as many black people in this country, as there are people in England.
Good summation.

Larry speaks against the "victocrat mentality".

Old 07-18-2013, 12:19 AM

Larry Elder is a libertarian.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:50 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,849,164 times
Not a real big Elder fan, prefer Sowell and Williams.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:28 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,542,939 times
I stopped about 45 seconds in. Is he really trying to peddle that "librul media don't care about black on black crime" nonsense? And I'm no fan of Morgan either.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:01 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,355,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Not a real big Elder fan, prefer Sowell and Williams.
What I did not like about the interview is Elder not answering the questions which in turn made it seem like he was ranting. Jones did the same thing when he was on and I think your delivery is important but of course the message is most important and he was right on. That was the first time I have heard him and do not know much about him, I do know I am a big fan of Williams.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:14 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,292,757 times
[MOD CUT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You should listen to his show - though it might only be broadcast here in L.A. now.

He doesn't become unhinged - passionate, yes.

Harrier didn't watch the video - yet.
He was unhinged last night. I've never seen or heard of Larry Elder until this interview and he came off as very rude and obnoxious, talking/yelling over Piers and refusing to any of his questions when Piers could even get a word in edge-wise.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-18-2013 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted psot and reply

Old 07-18-2013, 08:36 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,429,306 times
Larry schooled him outright.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:54 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,154,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xism View Post
I was going to post this in the entertainment section but in light of the topic I figured to post it here. I just watched tonights episode of Piers Morgan and they opened the show with conservative Larry Elder. I felt Larry Elder did address some good points during his rant on race however Morgan attempted to stay on topic.

Thoughts??

Larry Elder EXPLODES Piers Morgan Over Zimmerman. You're Condescending, Stupid - YouTube
I saw that interview if thats what you call it, seems Elders debating style is to talk over every one and never let anyone get a word in edgewise.kinda reminds me of the black version of Alex Jones.. Now that would be an interesting debate to watch..

Old 07-18-2013, 08:57 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,376,161 times
he's a nutcase changing the subject.
he doesn't care about trayvon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies