Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 02:42 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
...I thought you meant "Green Onions"

Booker T.'s comments would have held truer, If African's were like every other racial/ethnic group who immigrated to America. If Africans had immigrated, most likely they would have not initially been accepted. Africans would have to have worked, as other groups did, to assimulate into American society.

Booker T's observation would have been more true if the American playing field was as level for Afircans as it was for other ethnic groups that immigrated to America.

Mr. Washington's assessment fails to take in account the damage done to the American psyche of 300 years of slavery of the African peoples. Damage to the American psyche that continues to this very day.
Slavery ended a hundred and sixty years ago. And the Chinese had it hard as hell when they first came to America...how many Chinese American high school dropouts have you ever heard of?

And how about the Jews. They haven't exactly had it easy in Europe over the last one hundred years you know. But they have thrived and advanced.

Every group that comes to America advances further than the American negro, be they Asians, Latinos or, most amazingly, Africans: Data show Nigerians the most educated in the U.S. - Houston Chronicle

What is holding the black man back? What is the one thing the black man has to fear ten times more than any Hispanic neighborhood watchman? In a word: N ^^^^rs.

It is in the best interest of the race peddlers to keep the black man so distracted by the idea of racism that he refuses to solve the real problem: the N ^^^rs. If we educate and rehabilitate the N ^^^^rs and end N ^^^^r culture, than and only then will blacks advance.

That is the true race war being waged in America, the one of blacks vs N ^^^rs. Worrying about one black youth killed by a Hispanic is just a distraction from the much, much, MUCH bigger issue of thousands of young blacks being killed by N ^^^rs every day.

Thirteen years later, and Chris Rock's words are still on point:

Chris Rock - Black People VS. *****z (Bring the Pain 1996) - YouTube

The the biggest irony is that the same people who freaked out over that famous Chris Rock skit are the same "leaders" leading the marches against Zimmerman.

Someone points out the thousand of blacks killed by N ^^^rs every day? Shut him up!

One black man is killed by a Hispanic and it's ruled self defense? They dust off their dashikis and their signs and scream "no justice, no peace".

Old 07-19-2013, 03:35 AM

12,958 posts, read 13,673,944 times
He was no doubt refering to William Dubois’s activities. The NAACP was established around 1910.Both men were vying for the top spot as “the spokesperson for their people,” and drew much support from wealthy whites. The Historical back drop is, although civil rights legislation had been passed in 1870, black people were still being hung at a rate of around 100 per year . It would be thirty years before Anti-Lynching laws were passed. Washington believed black people should just live with it and Dubois didn’t. IMO The killing of Treyvon Martin was a modern day lynching. A society that passes laws to allow its ordinary citizens to kill each other “fair and Square” is not worthy of the intellect of these two giants.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
He was no doubt refering to William Dubois’s activities. The NAACP was established around 1910.Both men were vying for the top spot as “the spokesperson for their people,” and drew much support from wealthy whites. The Historical back drop is, although civil rights legislation had been passed in 1870, black people were still being hung at a rate of around 100 per year . It would be thirty years before Anti-Lynching laws were passed. Washington believed black people should just live with it and Dubois didn’t. IMO The killing of Treyvon Martin was a modern day lynching. A society that passes laws to allow its ordinary citizens to kill each other “fair and Square” is not worthy of the intellect of these two giants.
While you have a point about the lynchings in the time of Washington, it is absurd to say Martin was the victim of a modern day lynching.

First, you need a mob to lynch someone...one guy is not a mob. Second, it was white supremacists doing the lynchings. Zimmerman is not white and he actually did a lot for black people in his community. In fact, it was the robbery of a black woman that made him start patrolling his complex.

Third and most importantly, if you are going to call the death or Martin a "lynching," you would also have to say the same thing about Daniel Adkins...heard of him? Of course not, because the race baiters don't want you to:

Daniel Adkins' killer claims self-defense: Unarmed man shot, killed outside Arizona Taco Bell - Chicago News Report | Chicago News Blogs | Chicago Crime | News Blotter

Or, why not talk about the real lynchings of blacks in Libya? Why, I'll tell you why: because that would involve calling out America's first half black President, and the race baiters refuse to do so:

Mass Murder of Blacks in Libya - YouTube

There are many things blacks should be upset about. The self defense shooting of one young man who decided to respond to being followed by picking a fit isn't one of them.

Really, blacks need to re-read "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".

Old 07-19-2013, 06:45 AM

12,958 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
While you have a point about the lynchings in the time of Washington, it is absurd to say Martin was the victim of a modern day lynching.

First, you need a mob to lynch someone...one guy is not a mob. Second, it was white supremacists doing the lynchings. Zimmerman is not white and he actually did a lot for black people in his community. In fact, it was the robbery of a black woman that made him start patrolling his complex.

Third and most importantly, if you are going to call the death or Martin a "lynching," you would also have to say the same thing about Daniel Adkins...heard of him? Of course not, because the race baiters don't want you to:

Daniel Adkins' killer claims self-defense: Unarmed man shot, killed outside Arizona Taco Bell - Chicago News Report | Chicago News Blogs | Chicago Crime | News Blotter

Or, why not talk about the real lynchings of blacks in Libya? Why, I'll tell you why: because that would involve calling out America's first half black President, and the race baiters refuse to do so:

Mass Murder of Blacks in Libya - YouTube

There are many things blacks should be upset about. The self defense shooting of one young man who decided to respond to being followed by picking a fit isn't one of them.

Really, blacks need to re-read "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".
White people in America were also lynched. IMO It is barbaric for a countrty to be in such a heated debate on the "proper" way to kill each other. It is also impossible for a person to be half black. Before Barack did something with his life he was just another black dude and thats how he was treated and thats all anyone thought he was.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:09 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:

The the biggest irony is that the same people who freaked out over that famous Chris Rock skit are the same "leaders" leading the marches against Zimmerman.

I enjoyed that. I've never paid the slightest bit of attention to Chris Rock, but he says pretty much what I've always said: Fix the problem from within. I, too, am tired, tired, tired of their s**t.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:34 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Slavery ended a hundred and sixty years ago. And the Chinese had it hard as hell when they first came to America...how many Chinese American high school dropouts have you ever heard of?

And how about the Jews. They haven't exactly had it easy in Europe over the last one hundred years you know. But they have thrived and advanced.

Every group that comes to America advances further than the American negro, be they Asians, Latinos or, most amazingly, Africans: Data show Nigerians the most educated in the U.S. - Houston Chronicle

What is holding the black man back? What is the one thing the black man has to fear ten times more than any Hispanic neighborhood watchman? In a word: N ^^^^rs.

It is in the best interest of the race peddlers to keep the black man so distracted by the idea of racism that he refuses to solve the real problem: the N ^^^rs. If we educate and rehabilitate the N ^^^^rs and end N ^^^^r culture, than and only then will blacks advance.

That is the true race war being waged in America, the one of blacks vs N ^^^rs. Worrying about one black youth killed by a Hispanic is just a distraction from the much, much, MUCH bigger issue of thousands of young blacks being killed by N ^^^rs every day.

Chris Rock - Black People VS. *****z (Bring the Pain 1996) - YouTube

Someone points out the thousand of blacks killed by N ^^^rs every day? Shut him up!

One black man is killed by a Hispanic and it's ruled self defense? They dust off their dashikis and their signs and scream "no justice, no peace".
I commented on Booker T's comment and did in the context of the era in which he made those comments. You countered with your assesment of blacks and their lack of advancements.

Since your ideas dont reflect my post or address my contention, I will not comment on your assertions. These are wholly wour ideas and not anything I can discuss. I can not comment on what you beleive...even if your beliefs are incorrect and have connection to reality and history.

I defend you right to believe as you wish...that is your right.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:05 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimuelojones View Post
...i thought you meant "green onions"

booker t.'s comments would have held truer, if african's were like every other racial/ethnic group who immigrated to america. If africans had immigrated, most likely they would have not initially been accepted. Africans would have to have worked, as other groups did, to assimulate into american society.

Booker t's observation would have been more true if the american playing field was as level for afircans as it was for other ethnic groups that immigrated to america.

Mr. Washington's assessment fails to take in account the damage done to the american psyche of 300 years of slavery of the african peoples. Damage to the american psyche that continues to this very day.
nina

Old 07-19-2013, 08:41 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Damage that continues today because of propaganda. The propaganda that wants black people to not take accountability for ones own prosperity, but rather point the finger at some "system" that, allegedly, controls every action they make. And "action" is demanded until somehow a collective says "ok, we've been satisfactorily compensated for this tragedy...that we've never walked one step in"

That day never comes. There is no finish line in that game.
You speak to the dammage that effects Black people, now speak to the dammage to the total American psyche.

All of us.

Even though the emancipation was 150 years removed and Booker T's thoughts are 100 years removed, and Civil rights laws are 50 years remeoved...our Black-White beliefs are not that far removed or evolved.

To put all the onus on black folk while not having realization of other's beliefs, behaviors, and actions... is short-sighted to say the least.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:44 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
If there was ever a man who was a real credit to his race, with the exception of Allen West, it would be Booker T. Washington.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I commented on Booker T's comment and did in the context of the era in which he made those comments. You countered with your assesment of blacks and their lack of advancements.

Since your ideas dont reflect my post or address my contention, I will not comment on your assertions. These are wholly wour ideas and not anything I can discuss. I can not comment on what you beleive...even if your beliefs are incorrect and have connection to reality and history.

I defend you right to believe as you wish...that is your right.

2+2=4

Washington's times were different, but today, his words are 100% accurate. No one is hurting the black man today like the N ^^^rs. Not the media, the government, or anyone else. Granted, the corporate owned government wants us all in chains, but the ills affecting blacks harder than any other group are the result of worthless N ^^^rs, and nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies