Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 06:20 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
It was a revenge murder AFTER being b*tch-slapped with his own God-powered flashlight.

Energizer Bunny ain't got nuthin' on God.
It may very well be murder, but the truth is there is a reasonable doubt of the events that happened, therefore, the survivor walks free.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:31 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
So now that o has weighed in and stated 'that could have been me - 35 years ago', is Holder going to pursue charges against Zimmerman for retroactively assaulting the president or will the Secret Service jump in?

Old 07-21-2013, 06:35 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
It may very well be murder, but the truth is there is a reasonable doubt of the events that happened, therefore, the survivor walks free.
I think "reasonable doubt" was misapplied.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:36 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
The February 2012 shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martion might never have happened if school officials in Miami-Dade County had not instituted an unofficial policy of treating crimes as school disciplinary infractions. Revelations that emerged from an internal affairs investigation explain why Martin was not arrested when caught at school with stolen jewelry in October 2011 or with marijuana in February 2012. Instead, the teenager was suspended from school, the last time just days before he was shot dead by George Zimmerman.
Yeah, and if TM hadn't gone to the 7-11 that night he wouldn't have been killed by GZ, either. If GZ had left for Target a little later, after Martin got home.... What screwed up logic.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:43 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,331 times
Default An Honest Conversation About Race

A good read for those who believe TM has jumped the shark. TM has become a propaganda piece allowing
the real race baiters 15 more minutes of airtime. The kid's memory is being used, once they are done with him he will be quickly forgotten.

Here they go again. “They” being the outrage-machine, the institutional left. Now that the jury returned the only possible verdict based on the actual evidence in the Zimmerman case, we’re being told we need to have a “national conversation” or an “honest conversation” about race. I would actually welcome an honest discussion about race, but the truth is that’s not the conversation we’re going to have.

You see, an honest discussion about race wouldn’t start with the premise that Trayvon Martin is the Emmett Till of the 21st century. Till was tortured then murdered in cold blood for flirting with a white woman. At the time Trayvon Martin was killed, he was sitting on top of George Zimmerman, pounding Zimmerman’s head into a concrete sidewalk. We’re not having an honest conversation until those things are acknowledged by the people demanding an honest dialogue.

An honest conversation wouldn’t start with completely ignoring the fact that Trayvon Martin was in Sanford, Florida because he had been suspended from school. Right about now is where the hucksters will claim I’m “blaming the victim.” But this is exactly my point. If we’re supposed to be having an open and frank discussion, we also have to look at all the factors that may have led to this tragic incident. No, instead we’re told we’re not allowed to look into why it could be that a 17 year old boy walking home from 7-11 thought confronting an unknown man was an option.

By all accounts, Martin had gotten away. That’s corroborated by Zimmerman’s and Rachel Jeantel’s testimony. Per Zimmerman’s account, Trayvon had run down the path behind the townhomes and was out of sight.

An Honest Conversation About Race | The Right Sphere

Old 07-21-2013, 06:43 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
So now that o has weighed in and stated 'that could have been me - 35 years ago', is Holder going to pursue charges against Zimmerman for retroactively assaulting the president or will the Secret Service jump in?

As an observant Canadian - I thought I was seeing things and hearing things...I could not believe that the leader of the so called free world...would have such horrible judgement...The imaginary assault taking place in the minds of the stupidest Americans now shows the image of a presidents son being murdered...that image was not good enough so now we have this imaginary vision of the President being popped by Zimmerman...This guy lives in frinking fantasy land. What he should have been doing - instead of hanging out with celebs in Hollywood - He should have gone to the poor black hoods of LA and given black communities there some moral support and hope- THEN I would have respected the guy- to use a dead young man for political gain and as a diversion is obvious and shameful- Obama does not care about black people or common people in general. He is a light weight.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:48 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
And the prosecution's witnesses!
Don't forget the slime lawyering for guaranteed result.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:59 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Any honest discussion about race and racism would require a level of introspection too few people are willing to exercise. Gradually, those numbers are changing with every new generation. The Country is still growing out of it's racist roots.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:59 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
y. Per Zimmerman’s account, Trayvon had run down the path behind the townhomes and was out of sight. Jeantel testified that Trayvon had made it to his father’s backyard – well out of sight from Zimmerman, we now know – when she was on the phone with him that night. If we’re going to have an honest discussion about race, we need to have an honest discussion about why Trayvon Martin chose to go and confront Zimmerman after he had gotten away. I have yet to see one commentator on the subject ask why Martin didn’t call 911. We’re not having an honest discussion about this situation so how can we possibly have an honest dialogue about the broader issue? - See more at: An Honest Conversation About Race | The Right Sphere
We haven't had that kind of conversation. One of the the things we would have to discuss is what role Rachel Jeantel's suggestion that Zimmerman might be a homosexual rapist played in Trayvon Martin's actions. It is possible that he was a scared 17 year-old who thought he had led a rapist to his empty house where he might be sexually attacked then or the guy was scouting it out so he could come back later. That would explain why he went on the offensive. This remains a tragedy where if either individual had merely made better choices it wouldn't have happened. Perhaps, had his father been home this would have ended with him telling his Dad some creepy a** cr*cker was following him and his father either calling 911 or confronting Zimmerman.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-21-2013 at 07:08 AM..

Old 07-21-2013, 07:03 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
We haven't had that kind of conversation. One of the the things we would have to discuss is what role Rachel Jeantel's suggestion that Zimmerman might be a homosexual rapist played in Trayvon Martin's actions. It is possible that he was a scared 17 year-old who thought he had led a rapist to his empty house where he might be sexually attacked then or the guy was scouting it out so he could come back later. That would explain why he went on the offensive.
Which would lead into the homophobic nature of the young black male and the "down low" conversation that is kept in the closet.

This aspect of this incident does not want to be talked about by those with a agenda. I am sure TM attacked GZ based on a feeling he felt threatened by this reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies