Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 09:49 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I kind of do hate GZ, but the reality was, this was just a brawl between two idiots that went too far because neither one would back down and either of them could have.

I'm sick of hearing about it though -- especially by all the fakes trying to whip up riots and who don't care one iota about the thousands of other murder victims.
This never would of happened if those beautiful MSM idiots would have never edited that tape to be racist....

Again 11000+ black men killed.....not a peep....

Old 07-21-2013, 09:50 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It's over, the case was decided. You like it or not...

Oh, and BTW, what about those 11,000 black men that have been killed since this started?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, not a peep...............got it, selective fake outrage....
Did Fox News report on the killers of those 11,000 black men?

Old 07-21-2013, 09:51 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
I kind of do hate GZ, but the reality was, this was just a brawl between two idiots that went too far because neither one would back down and either of them could have.

I'm sick of hearing about it though -- especially by all the fakes trying to whip up riots and who don't care one iota about the thousands of other murder victims.
The above in bold is exactly why the Stand-Your-Ground law is dysfunctional.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
It's not though. Recently there was a woman whose husband violated a protective order and broke into her house and she killed him. There is a right to self-defense.

In this GZ-TM case, it was a brawl that got violent and it looks like one of them was going to end up killing the other -- which would have made it self-defense if Martin had killed Zimmerman.

It's important to teach your sons not to let their testosterone get the better of them, it's better to use their brains and let an idiot "win" sometimes. I think both Martin and Zimmerman were idiots. The whole thing amounted to a thug turf battle.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The GZ case was not about SYG....

Old 07-21-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:

It's important to teach your sons not to let their testosterone get the better of them, it's better to use their brains and let an idiot "win" sometimes. I think both Martin and Zimmerman were idiots. The whole thing amounted to a thug turf battle.
Thank you, I fully agree with this.

I also think that if the MSM would not have altered the tape, this would have never gone anywhere....period end of story....

Old 07-21-2013, 10:08 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I think we all know TM wasn't an innocent 'child'. A child in the eyes of the law, yes.

Do you think that we know every skeleton in GZ's closet?

Personally, for me, the case is over. I believe we should move beyond GZ and TM to discuss the broader issues that this case also embodies.

Regarding attorneys filing sanctions and fighting over who provided what in Discovery - none of that surprises me in a contentious and prolonged litigation.
Yes, the case is over and we should move on to broader issues.

One huge issue for me is that Obama ran on a "NO VOUCHER" program. When he ran the first time, that stand summed up who he really was for me. It raised a huge red flag. He would not allow educational freedom.

What that means is that he, along with others in agreement, want to keep the poor in their place. It isn't really a race issue, it's a class issue.

Education is power and I am highly offended by any party or single politician who hamstrings the choice for any child and any parent in this country that I pay taxes in. That, IMO, is the heart of the issue.

It is no wonder that Star Parker wrote her book, Uncle Sam's Plantation.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:11 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Wallace is wrong, as usual.

If Obama wasn't stoking racial tension, he would have said,

"I could have been Trayvon Martin 35 years ago. I also could have been George Zimmerman. I agree with Trayvon's parents and lawyers - this case was not about race. However, racism has been brought into the discussion by the media and by people who have an interest in keeping racism alive and well. I am one of those people, but I'm here to say it needs to stop."
I kind of agree with that. I mean, what he basically did was field himself to "one" side. Everybody with a brain saw that.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:13 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Only saw the Zimmerman injury photos recently- Martin broke his god damned nose. Even if Zimmerman never hit the ground..and was never banged about as was reported...a super hard sucker punch in the face is enough to make any armed man shoot the bastard. Zimmerman knew at that moment regardless that this kid could beat him to death..maybe the next punch would have been to the temple and killed Zimmerman...?

I was taught by my father never to be the aggressor in a fight...I did some street fighting as a kid and never lost. Once you strike a man full force causing damage.. - there are no more rules...I was tempted in my youth to use the sucker punch- but I knew if I did not destroy the guy with one blow- there would be hell to pay so I did not bother- apparently Martin was poorly trained. He never took into account if you punch a man full force in the face..you might have to forfeit your life.
Nice story. The only problem is how do you or anyone else know that TM hit Zimmerman with a sucker punch?
I do believe the most common excuse I have ever heard from someone who lost a fight is that he was sucker punched.
Super hard punch? uhmmm I guess everyone has a different definition for a hard punch. A mildly bruised nose? Old GZ must have iron for cartilage in his sniffer. Also no evidence was introduced that proved he ever had a broken nose.
Could beat him to death or would beat him to death? Knew or assumed? You post a host of maybes.
Maybe GZ grabbed TM resulting in the punch to the nose.
Maybe GZ swung at TM and missed.
Maybe GZ called TM the N word.
Maybe maybe maybe.
What we do know as fact not maybe not we think so.
Fact GZ followed TM. GZ admitted it.
Fact at some point the 2 men met.
Fact Tm hit GZ in the nose at least 1 time.
Fact GZ at some point shot TM.
There really are very few facts.
Oh 1 last fact. GZ has a problem with telling the truth.
The verdict was correct given the lack of evidence to prove guilt. GZ got a walk because of lack of evidence and lack of witnesses.
Mr. Good's testimony? It was so dark he couldn't see much. he is not a mixed martial artist and his opinion on the matter is just that. GZ had very few injuries to reflect a ground and pound beating.
GZ claims to have been afraid for his life. That is the one statement from his mouth that is believable.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:44 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Nice story. The only problem is how do you or anyone else know that TM hit Zimmerman with a sucker punch?
I do believe the most common excuse I have ever heard from someone who lost a fight is that he was sucker punched.
Super hard punch? uhmmm I guess everyone has a different definition for a hard punch. A mildly bruised nose? Old GZ must have iron for cartilage in his sniffer. Also no evidence was introduced that proved he ever had a broken nose.
Could beat him to death or would beat him to death? Knew or assumed? You post a host of maybes.
Maybe GZ grabbed TM resulting in the punch to the nose.
Maybe GZ swung at TM and missed.
Maybe GZ called TM the N word.
Maybe maybe maybe.
What we do know as fact not maybe not we think so.
Fact GZ followed TM. GZ admitted it.
Fact at some point the 2 men met.
Fact Tm hit GZ in the nose at least 1 time.
Fact GZ at some point shot TM.
There really are very few facts.
Oh 1 last fact. GZ has a problem with telling the truth.
The verdict was correct given the lack of evidence to prove guilt. GZ got a walk because of lack of evidence and lack of witnesses.
Mr. Good's testimony? It was so dark he couldn't see much. he is not a mixed martial artist and his opinion on the matter is just that. GZ had very few injuries to reflect a ground and pound beating.
GZ claims to have been afraid for his life. That is the one statement from his mouth that is believable.
This is a very fair and balance assessment of what happened and one we should all be able to agree upon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies