Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 11:47 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Even Martin were able to testify, no jury would believe his words because minus the gun shot wound, Martin sustained no other injuries. It's extremely hard for anybody, particular a reasonable person, to believe that someone who didn't sustain any injury was NOT the aggressor.
Martin also didn't have any real signs of attacking Zimmerman on his hands or clothes, and Zimmerman didn't have any trace of ground on his backside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 11:47 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yet there was no proof that Martin was the aggressor.
DNA Tests Prove Trayvon Martin Did Not Inflict Serious Injury to George Zimmerman | breakingbrown.com

Basically the jury just took Zimmerman's word for it that he was defending himself without considering the details that were presented to them.
All forensic and witness accounts corroborated the GZ's account of what happened that night. So far two jurors have come forward and said just that.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:50 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
All forensic and witness accounts corroborated the GZ's account of what happened that night. So far two jurors have come forward and said just that.
I doubt that seeing there is forensic evidence that suggested the opposite of what Zimmerman claims happened.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:50 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
When the cops show up the guy is going to say that he was just going to ask you for directions and you will go to jail.
Fine, then i'll go to jail. (shoulder shrug)

If you wanna ask me for directions, ask me from the damn car...parked. Or if you're gonna approach me after i've NOTICED you following me, it's common damn sense to at least say something before you approach me so that i don't get the wrong idea about your approach.

Damn..where are you people from? It's normal where you're from for people to follow you around and then approach you without at least some kind of greeting or announcement of intent? That's not normal behaviour to me.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:51 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He's black, a teenager, and was WINNING the fight...which makes him a thug. LOL..that's how people think.

I've asked time and time again why people call him a thug with no evidence to back it up.

By the same token, there is also no evidence that Zimmerman was a racist.

Truth is, no one, not even the jury, knows more than this:

Zimmerman followed him, they got into a fight, and Zimmerman shot him. That's all everyone knows...nothing more and nothing less. Only Zimmerman knows what happened that night and he's only obligated to tell his side. He's damn sure not gonna tell Martin's side.

Anything else is simple conjecture. None of us will ever know what happened that night. We just all have to live with it and accept it.
If you watched the trial and listened to the evidence of witnesses, phone calls, time lines and forensics then we know a lot more about that night than you state.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:51 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
As I have posted in other threads, as a young woman who lives in an urban area, I have to be mentally prepared to defend myself. I'm not going to wait until a rape is in progress before I try to render my follower unable to attack. When I am followed, I speed up and cross the street to make sure it's not just someone also going in my direction. On several occasions, they have matched me step for step. Then I pick up a stick or rock or whatever is on the street and make sure that they see that I do so. That frightens them off.

But if they weren't frightened off, then I would verbally tell them to leave me alone. But the next step would be to respond to the aggressiveness in kind. And if you GOT IN YOUR CAR to follow me, then no holds bar, I am doing whatever it takes to be safe.

I wouldn't want to run home (not that I can run far or fast), because I wouldn't want them to know where I live. In fact, I've been known to walk far out of my way when I feel uncomfortable (typically because of creepy people on the bus) in order to lose someone so they wouldn't know where I lived. Banging on doors for help might have worked in Trayvon's case, but I know I certainly wouldn't open the door to a stranger at night - particularly if my neighborhood had issues with break-ins.

Both parties in this case were wrong, but we have know way of knowing what steps Trayvon took to tell Zimmerman off. We do know that Zimmerman FOLLOWED someone AT NIGHT using his car which is INCREDIBLY threatening and frightening when he knew that the police were on their way. We also know that he shot an unarmed man. We know Trayvon hit Zimmerman, but we don't know what lead up to that fight. Given the circumstances and having been in similarly terrifying situations before, I don't think Trayvon's response is at all surprising. That's the main reason I think that Zimmerman was looking for a fight. How can you follow a stranger at night and not expect there to be a response?

Old 07-18-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
There were no witnesses, and what forensic evidence?

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Fine, then i'll go to jail. (shoulder shrug)

If you wanna ask me for directions, ask me from the damn car...parked. Or if you're gonna approach me after i've NOTICED you following me, it's common damn sense to at least say something before you approach me so that i don't get the wrong idea about your approach.

Damn..where are you people from? It's normal where you're from for people to follow you around and then approach you without at least some kind of greeting or announcement of intent? That's not normal behaviour to me.
The behavior is only normal to them when it supports their partisan views. In real life, they know this whole thing is BS but god forbid they admit that.

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
When the cops show up the guy is going to say that he was just going to ask you for directions and you will go to jail.
A bit better than dead, wouldn't you say?

Old 07-18-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
If you watched the trial and listened to the evidence of witnesses, phone calls, time lines and forensics then we know a lot more about that night than you state.
What witnesses? Who else besides Zimmerman and Martin saw anything?

And again, WHAT forensic evidence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies