Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 12:19 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't know what liberals you're talking about, but i've got no problem with SYG.
Well then I'm talking about the vast majority of them on this board except for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 12:21 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
There are thousands of martial arts schools nation-wide that teach how to fend off a creep.

What did Trayvon do wrong?

Old 07-18-2013, 12:21 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i read it twice more, and it still comes across the same way. uh, maybe need to re-write it.
Sorry you got it wrong.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:22 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I have read and been somewhat dismayed at the contentions of many liberals in "Zimmerman case". It appears as though the theme has been this-

"Zimmerman was FOLLOWING Martin, therefore he DESERVED to be attacked. In that regard, the FOLLOWING was the agressive act and that "stand your ground" does not apply".

So the question is:

If you are walking down a crowded urban street for several blocks, and someone ten feet in front of you "thinks" that you are following them, are they (under liberal law) allowed to beat you to death? I just want to get these "rules" straight, if and when the situation arises.
Wingnuts - does someone deserve to be followed just because they are Black?

Ken

Old 07-18-2013, 12:22 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Zimmerman's bloody nose photo will forever be a textbook depiction of a creep.
An Innocent Creep who was assaulted.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:23 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How about this sentence, the last in your post:
Good says he believes it was Zimmerman who was the one calling for help and he was the one on the bottom.
here's the transcript from good's testimony. your desperate clinging to the word 'believe' used in the earlier news story won't do you any good here, i'm afraid.

Quote:
So I opened my blinds and I see kind of like a person out there. I didn’t know if it was a dog attack or something. So I open my door. It was a black man with a black hoodie on top of the other, either a white guy or now I found out I think it was a Hispanic guy with a red sweatshirt on the ground yelling out help! And I tried to tell them, get out of here, you know, stop or whatever, and then one guy on top in the black hoodie was pretty much just throwing down blows on the guy kind of MMA-style
that's the non-existent witness d.detroiter referred to

Old 07-18-2013, 12:26 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
I have read and been somewhat dismayed at the contentions of many liberals in "Zimmerman case". It appears as though the theme has been this-

"Zimmerman was FOLLOWING Martin, therefore he DESERVED to be attacked. In that regard, the FOLLOWING was the agressive act and that "stand your ground" does not apply".
Only two people actually know what happened, only one got to speak.

Quote:
So the question is:

If you are walking down a crowded urban street for several blocks, and someone ten feet in front of you "thinks" that you are following them, are they (under liberal law) allowed to beat you to death? I just want to get these "rules" straight, if and when the situation arises.
Have you ever been on a "crowded urban street"? You wouldn't know who was 10 feet away. But you're not really interested in your so-called 'rules', are you? Just another "I don't really know the facts but I'll write some anti-liberal BS", eh?

Old 07-18-2013, 12:29 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what 'menacing manner'? be specific.

If you follow someone in your car and then get out once you can no longer continue from the car, that's menacing.

If a person speeds away from you but you do not slow down and in fact speed up to follow them, that's menacing.

If you pursue someone without identifying yourself early on (be it verbally or by uniform), that's menacing.

It's not that Zimmerman innocently crossed paths with Trayvon and then continued to go in his general direction. If I was in Trayvon's place, I would have thought that Zimmerman was targeting me for a mugging or rape.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:32 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
How many of these goddamn threads will you guys post about this? It's the same crap over and over again.

Give it a fricking rest, willya?

Old 07-18-2013, 12:32 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Amazing how this thread spiraled into a zimmerman/Martin topic, truly amazing. not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies