Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 06:43 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,009,081 times

Advertisements

Lightning Rod NYC Pastor’s Stunningly Confrontational Sermon on Trayvon Martin: ‘You See the World Through Your Black Eyes’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

Trayvon Martin: Pot Smoking Gives Munchies and Makes Paranoid - YouTube

Awesome. The only people holding black people back, are them themselves. And I love how he calls many in the black community out for being black before they are anything. And why their skin color has more to do with them thinking Zimmerman is guilty than anything else

Last edited by Tilt11; 07-18-2013 at 07:08 PM..

Old 07-18-2013, 07:19 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,006,319 times
Well, i'm not black before i'm a human or a male i suppose, but being black comes in a close third.

What's wrong with that?

Old 07-18-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well, i'm not black before i'm a human or a male i suppose, but being black comes in a close third.

What's wrong with that?
Depends on how you handle it. I think there are too many who expect for blacks to have their skin color come before all else, and too many black people who live that way. The guy in the video has a point.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Depends on how you handle it. I think there are too many who expect for blacks to have their skin color come before all else, and too many black people who live that way. The guy in the video has a point.
I don't get what you're trying to say.

Many blacks, all things being equal, have a preference for black. That's not out of pocket. That's normal. People stick to their own generally speaking. Blacks no MORE or no LESS so than any other group.

So the whole "to many black people who live that way" makes no sense to me.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I don't get what you're trying to say.

Many blacks, all things being equal, have a preference for black. That's not out of pocket. That's normal. People stick to their own generally speaking. Blacks no MORE or no LESS so than any other group.

So the whole "to many black people who live that way" makes no sense to me.
When it affects judgement, in a negative way and is put above other priorities, I think that is a bad thing. Just as in this case of Trayvon. What drives their presumption of guilt of GZ and innocence of Trayvon? Most likely it is skin color for most of them. And if your skin color drives everything in your life, and you use it to say everyone else has a problem and its not ever you, that is an issue.

And really, compare this guy to many other black preachers we've seen in the news. There are those that promote living life through your skin color and that America is evil and racist and white people hate you, and then you have the ones like this guy. The other guys share the ideology that is pushed by the media and hollywood. Perhaps that is just a part of the problem with/in the black community today, and why the continue to face so many horrible problems in large numbers.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:36 PM

264 posts, read 279,134 times
Quote:
When it affects judgement, in a negative way and is put above other priorities, I think that is a bad thing. Just as in this case of Trayvon. What drives their presumption of guilt of GZ and innocence of Trayvon? Most likely it is skin color for most of them. And if your skin color drives everything in your life, and you use it to say everyone else has a problem and its not ever you, that is an issue.

And really, compare this guy to many other black preachers we've seen in the news. There are those that promote living life through your skin color and that America is evil and racist and white people hate you, and then you have the ones like this guy. The other guys share the ideology that is pushed by the media and hollywood. Perhaps that is just a part of the problem with/in the black community today, and why the continue to face so many horrible problems in large numbers.
The only person that seems to be lumping groups of people together is you. Exactly who do you think you are to lecture black people to not be "black"?

We see how much you love Georgie, but using that to judge an entire race is completely awful. I'm embarrassed for you.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:

*SIGH*

And what exactly drives white presumption that Zimmerman was a choir boy who was only defending himself? Oh yea...that same skin color thing. See...two can play that game.

This whole idea that blacks only care about skin color and whites are all fair minded is complete bullshyt. There is ZERO truth to it. There lies no evidence that whites are any less biased based on race than blacks or browns. In fact historically, the record goes against whites on that count.

So please...give me a break.

I don't give a damn about black preachers one way or another. If it were up to me, blacks would abandon Christianity which in my book is a white man's religion FOR the white man BY the white man. That would put all of these rotten ass pastors out of a job. And since you're so concerned with "why they continue (the blacks no doubt) to face so many horrible problems in large numbers," that would be one less problem to deal with because an over reliance on Jesus has been nothing but a disaster. But i suppose it's a little late for that because white folks duped us real good with that nonsense.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:43 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,813,063 times
Some were on to the scam long ago!

Quote:
“There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs – partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”
Do the research.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:51 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,342,798 times
Quote:
Acknowledge? Ummm, who's the black man here...me, or you?

Anything you know about being black is second hand...hell, tenth hand to be exact. You don't know a damn thing except what you read, and apparently, you don't do much of that.

There is NOTHING you can tell me about problems in the black community, and anything you DO say isn't even worth my time, frankly. That's akin to an infant teaching his mother how to talk.

I discuss problems within the black community all the time...with black people, not non blacks. So don't mistake my unwillingness to discuss them with you as a sign of my ignorance or unwillingness to have a discourse about it. I'm just not gonna have that conversation with you in particular because in my book it's really none of your business.

That doesn't mean that other blacks can't or shouldn't discuss it with you. That's their business. But that's not my style.

The color of your skin, should be one of the last things that define you as a human.
Your character says everything.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:54 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,189,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The color of your skin, should be one of the last things that define you as a human.
Your character says everything.
Yet, where you were born should be the first thing that defines you?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies