Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 07:22 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,064,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Was Trayvon Martin at the trial to speak for himself?

Was there any witness at the trial who was actually physically present and saw what took place between these two men?

Or are you just going off your own personal biases and not-very-valuable personal opinion along with Zimmerman's testimony?

Because if so, you would seem to have a very limited understanding of the trial process and what testimony is.
So, since you didn't answer, and deflected instead, it's obvious you didn't watch the trial. If you'd watched you would realize that Zimmerman didn't testify. So who has a limited understanding of THIS trial? You!

edit:Oh, and there was a witness. John Good being the best witness, who saw TM over GZ throwing punches.

Last edited by Cruzincat; 07-20-2013 at 07:52 AM..

Old 07-20-2013, 07:23 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,909,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
As an innocent bystander, I am far more afraid of adolescent white American males.
Do you clutch your purse when one walks into an elevator with you......

Old 07-20-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Zimmerman did in fact say, during his interview with Hannity, that he had no regrets nor would he do anything differently if he had a chance.
He was not being asked about the shooting action......he was asked about how the pursed someone he felt was possibly involved in suspicious activity.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
When does Holder begin the investigation on this?
He is probably going to pull investigators off the IRS investigation. Oh Wait!

Old 07-20-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Are you a Christian ? Most people know when something bad happens that's just a way of acceptance.

Does not mean he does not have regrets or remorse.
People take death as permanent and it mostly comes from Christians, I have to say......most don't get our "time" on earth and the meaning of "death."

Amazing how people took that as he didn't care or look what he thinks God told him to do

Old 07-20-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Do you really believe that? If he had "stuff" to hide it would have been found when the police combed the area after the killing. Nothing was found. If not found then, it would have been found by the grounds keeper for sure. Nothing was found.
Because they didn't know who the dead kid was or where he was from at that point. He probably hid it outside Brandy's townhouse, if not in it.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Aha... the cops would have found it. Or the groundskeeper. Sure. In an area they had no idea where to search. I'm figuring tm learned from the stupidness of having weed in his school backpack In School, and improved his hiding ability. If anyone found it later and it was still dry, it likely disappeared in puffs of smoke.

Of course, I have no PROOF, imo.
If he hid it inside Brandy's townhouse, it was either flushed or smoked.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:37 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
He was not being asked about the shooting action......he was asked about how the pursed someone he felt was possibly involved in suspicious activity.
"No regrets" generally means, NO regrets. His pursuit of TM resulted in TM's death.

Quote:
People take death as permanent and it mostly comes from Christians, I have to say......most don't get our "time" on earth and the meaning of "death."

Amazing how people took that as he didn't care or look what he thinks God told him to do
Different people interpret religion differently.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
Not true, when I evacuated Louisiana from Katrina went to my sisters house in Florida, Sarasoto to be exact. It's a closed neighborhood, well my ol lab likes her walks. Would u believe the neighborhood watch ***** actually tried to rough me up,lol. The police were even called, lol. While I never gave any info to the punk fake cop, when the real police got there I explained that me, my wife, mom and kids were here because we evacuated to my sisters house because of Katrina. Showed my drivers liscense to the real cop, he explained to the punk fake cop that Florida law says anyone evacuating from a hurricane becomes an automatic resident of wherevever they evacuate too, so I had a right to walk my dog in there neighborhood. If I'd a been a skinny young kid it would have gotten physical, me I just laughed at the guy and put him on his punk azz when he touched me, that's when the cops came, lol.

This is exactly what happened in this case, I would have been more than nice to the punk cop, but he was such a punk he deserved no respect from me. Truth is I'm originaly from Florida, with a whole bunch of friends and relatives in area. In the end, it didn't go well for punk neighborhood cop.
You were smart enough not to straddle him and pound his head into the ground, too.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:39 AM

40,937 posts, read 49,032,812 times
Quote:
Do you clutch your purse when one walks into an elevator with you......
Obama was not real clear if Black women do that also or he thinks only white women.

If I saw Obama.... I'd grab my wallet or purse and it would not be because he was a black man. I'd also lock my car door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.