Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 12:53 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
He did not mention a single experience as a black male that I haven't experienced as a white male. Ive been Denied grants because of my skin color, denied jobs because of my skin color, have been called racial slurs by blacks that I had actually helped in he past. I've been kicked out of stores when I was younger because of my appearance.
I want to know when I can start using the race card.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:55 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Nothing wrong with his saying that.
Um... because Black teen boys from broken homes frequently attend pricey private schools, right?

What a POSER.

3,740 posts, read 3,070,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
The righties' heads are going to be exploding all over this forum.

LOL

Obama!
Yes, but the wrongies heads exploded long ago. Obama is a fools fool, and those that following him are the fools fool's fools.

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
He did not mention a single experience as a black male that I haven't experienced as a white male. Ive been Denied grants because of my skin color, denied jobs because of my skin color, have been called racial slurs by blacks that I had actually helped in he past. I've been kicked out of stores when I was younger because of my appearance.
I want to know when I can start using the race card.
Congratulations!! You are using it right now with this post!

Old 07-19-2013, 12:56 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
He just threw black people some crumbs. He wouldn't have spoke if there was going to be a federal case.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:56 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
Oh is Obama "talking" again?

Old 07-19-2013, 12:57 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
He should be ashamed of himself for even mentioning the stupid incident. He's fueling the fires and dividing the country further. *******.
He also directly contradicted the FBI's findings regarding the incident.

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Can anybody name one president that didn't interject their personal opinion into a controversial event in the last 50 years?
I think Bush was as outraged as one can get over Rodney King, and I think it was genuine.

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Outside of calling for a special session, he's very involved. I guess you didn't see or read about it because your pom poms get in the way while you are cheerleading for Obama.
yeah, I asked HOW he's involved in the case. Enlighten me.

153 posts, read 156,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
We could start by addressing the incentives that have lead to the 72% rate of out of wedlock births in the black community. Then maybe .gov wouldn't need to act as a surrogate father.

Of course, that wouldn't serve the purposes of the progressive left, so it'll never happen.

When did those rates start to rise and why? Answer that and you'll be on a path to a solution to that problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Obama: 'Trayvon Could Have Been Me'

And, what the hell does Stand your Ground have to do with anything? And, like the other morons, he asks if Trayvon couldve stood his ground? This case wasnt about SYG, and had Trayvon not assaulted someone, hed be alive today. But, of course, that didnt get into his speech.
Assult : An unlawful threat or attempt to do bodily injury to another.

You're making an assumption. This was never proven in court, as Mr. Martin was not on trial, although it did seem that way at times.

You do know that the judge used stand your ground during her instructions to jury, right?

[scribd]153354467[/scribd]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post

Why are so many so obsessed with skin color? And most who are obsessed with it are non-white and are trying to elicit sympathy or explain why things "go wrong" for them. Boo hoo. My family came here with nothing, and "made it" from hard work and staying out of trouble. They couldn't even speak English at first. This obsession with skin color in 2013 is disturbing and pathetic. It's hardly "keeping it real", it's almost more like continued whining and making excuses. Stop the obsession with skin color. Why can't we all just be Americans? It's not a perfect world, but it's not 1960 anymore either.
You have to understand the historical implications of what you're saying. Blacks aren't obsessed with skin color and haven't been historically. Europeans created the system of skin classification that is used by the masses today. Blacks have been killed, raped, disenfranchised, etc, etc, etc based on skin color. I'm assuming that you're of european descent. If that is the case your family came here and enjoyed the benefits of "white" privilege. That's not to say that they didn't work hard for the the things they acquired, but don't ignore that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
He should be ashamed of himself for even mentioning the stupid incident. He's fueling the fires and dividing the country further. *******.
The fire of racism indeed needs to be put out, but thats not going to happen by putting small cup of water on the campfire and walking away. We need to have honest dialogue about solutions to the root issues of generational poverty, gun and drug importation into these impoverished neighborhoods and how we can move forward and help this nation become great once again. Leaving these folks to be a permanent underclass is not going to get us there. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies