Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2013, 08:04 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
It will never happen. I'm convinced that's why Obama made his comments at the presser the other day. IMO this administration will do everything they can to keep the black community riled up and feeling abused because there is no way anyone in DC of substance will have the nerve to bring up impeachment, no matter how potentially deserved.
I think Obama is a criminal of the highest sort. But I would fight impeachment tooth and nail. One word: Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 08:06 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Hope of a horrible scandal or some disaster always burns brightly in the core of the haters.

what is hateful is the hack Obama and his minions
this needs to be exposed but this will also harm us even more
think Obama gives a rats ass??
he is so full of shi*
he thinks he can get away with this
but he will not the fall out is always going to happen
and he is reaping what he has sown!!

Old 07-23-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What do you call it but backpedaling? Issa originally asserted that the WH was behind this and then made a statement that said that there is no evidence that the WH is behind it?

If that's not backpedaling, the term has no meaning.
He said "DC", NOT the White House.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:08 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,154 times
Quote:
Hope of a horrible scandal or some disaster always burns brightly in the core of the haters.

There is literally a world of difference between objectivity, and the notion that where there is smoke, there may indeed be fire, and being a "hater". Which is worse, being honest with yourself and admitting that those elected to office, regardless of party, are human and, as such, are imperfect, or the blind allegiance to a political ideology that causes someone to discount any criticism as hatred?

I hate no one. I am interested in why the ongoing saga of the IRS just won't seem to die down. Sure, it moves to a back burner when things like the Zimmerman verdict swirl the headlines, but then there it is again. The more this gets looked into, the murkier it gets. First we were told that it was the actions of a few low level staffers, that is now known to be completely false. The actions were directed by the head office in D.C. and overseen by special counsel. We were told that progressive groups were also targeted for review. We now know this is a gross overstatement of the facts. Seven liberal/progressive groups to 290+ conservative/Tea Party groups is hardly fair in any universe. It is beginning to become very clear that the actions of the IRS were indeed politically motivated, and were intended to interfere with the "opposition". What is still unclear is any involvement in or knowledge of this politically motivated targeting on the part of the White House. There is only speculation at the moment, and I will not allege any wrong doing on the part of the White House until when and if any credible evidence surfaces.

Holding independent, supposedly non-partisan Government agencies accountable for their actions is hardly "hating", it is something that should be done by all Americans, regardless of political ideology.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You seem to have failed to notice something... there is no huge scandal.

oh you are right
these hearings are just paly time
nothing to see
right??
hold that thought
but you better get a big old drink ready
if you drink
cause you are going to need a strong one

LOL

Old 07-23-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Issa? Car thief?
More slander from the left. Show me a conviction?

Old 07-23-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
Why would they go to jail? The way that part of the code is written, it gives a lot of leeway for the IRS to scrutinize a group trying to obtain tax exempt status, especially a group who doesn't want to ever pay taxes.

Isn't it the job of the IRS to collect taxes?
It's NOT the part of the IRS to scrutinize groups based on political leanings and their threat to the sitting president that is running for election.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Of course there isn't.

But hate radio and Fox are putting out a different message to their followers.

I have a question?
have you taken the time to go to C Span and watched any of this??
OR do you just listen to Chris Mathews??
I do not have a TV to watch Fox or anything else
I watch C Span on my lap top it is very informative

Old 07-23-2013, 08:15 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I think Obama is a criminal of the highest sort. But I would fight impeachment tooth and nail. One word: Biden.
I agree with your assessment of both obama and biden, however, biden is just a clown, obama is dangerous..
I would gladly settle for a couple of years of a clown who could do nothing but warm the seat...

Old 07-23-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
More slander from the left. Show me a conviction?

they will be babbling even more when the big blow comes out
poor slobs
they are going to have a real hard time facing reality!!
the Watergate hearings was on every TV in the country
and Nixon lied his ass off
until the pesky tapes turned up
and then it took forever for him to release them
and what about the part that was mysteriously erased??
oh gosh this is so much like that
Obama is a lot like Nixon
they both think and thought
they could get away with anything
Obama thinks that too
but he is going to find out different very soon
the chief council of IRS has not been called in yet
but he will
how is he going to explain 2 days earlier Obama himself told him how to challenge the tea party?? and
then he went about doing that very thing??
I would be scared to death if that were me
he has to tell the truth or else
yet he also knows Obama gets even with who ever opposes him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies