Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 06:53 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
you are right I am insulted the way he walks he has become such a raving loone
I can not stand him and it is such a shame
I used to be a democrat!!
our first black president
he could have done so much and all he has done divide more I have no respect for him and I really wanted to but he is such a looser I pray we survive the damage he has done on all fronts
I've read your posts many times over the years.

If you used to be a Democrat, I used to be John Lennon.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:54 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
Most people will blast him for saying this because they can't possibly understand what he's trying to say and others won't even try to.

I think the President should have taken that under consideration before he spoke and that's a shame.
It could have been him. After all, Obama could have been up all night on a cocaine binge in which he disrespected an Hispanic immigrant because she cleaned his room while he was tweaking. S**t happens...

(snickers)

Quote:
Just as she was finishing, Reggie wandered out of the kitchen, drunker than I was. He came over and threw his arm around my shoulder. “Obama! Great party, man!” He threw Regina a sloppy grin. “Let me tell you, Regina, Obama and me go way back. Should have seen our parties last year, back at the dorms. Man, you remember that time we stayed up the whole weekend? Forty hours, no sleep. Started Saturday morning and didn’t stop till [sic] Monday.”

I tried to change the subject, but Reggie was on a roll. “I’m telling you, Regina, it was wild. When the maids show up Monday morning, we were all still sitting in the hallway, looking like zombies. Bottles everywhere. Cigarette butts. Newspapers. That spot where Jimmy threw up . . .” Reggie turned to me and started to laugh, spilling more beer on the rug. “You remember, don’t you, man? **** was so bad, those little old Mexican ladies started to cry. ‘Dios Mio,’ one of ‘em says, and the other one starts patting her on the back. Oh ****, we were crazy….”

Old 07-19-2013, 06:55 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. My old job in Chicago used to take me to some of the poorest neighborhoods of Chicago and I was bothered maybe twice by people high on crack.

Before we became much more integrated, blacks always had much more to fear going through a white neighborhood than vice-versa.
The statistics disagrees with you.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:57 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
so don't tell me your bull crap because I don't listen to closed minds
Oh, the irony.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:58 PM

515 posts, read 623,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
Zimmerman is still alive, though.. Even those who agree with the verdict and somewhat "empathize" with Zimmerman concede that he made a some poor decisions that night.

Obama addressed the more salient issue, which is profiling. The fact that almost every AA male, even those that are highly educated, have been profiled, has been a long standing issue in this country. This is the perfect opportunity, if done properly, to address this problem. If the public at large is educated a bit more on the effects of profiling others, then future situations similar to the TM and Zimmerman tragedy may be avoided.
Yes, because profiling, although unfair to some, saves lives. Profiling although bigotted, keeps people safe.

Profiling helps cops put crooks behind bars and keep terrorists off the streets.

For every one thousand AA's who have been annoyed to hear a car door get locked as they walk by they need to think of the one or two people who might have prevented a robbery or car jacking or their family from being harmed.

The numbers don't lie and sometimes stereotypes work. Whether it is the color of your skin or clothing or socio-economic profile these things work to give us clues. Clues that keep us safe.

Who is more likely to commit crimes, a group of kids sitting around in preppy or nerdy clothes or kids with gold teeth, baggy pants and hoodies?

It doesn't mean this is a universal truth but the fact is certain telltale signs that lend themselves to "profiling" actually tend to be useful and keep good people safe and out of harm's way.

Last edited by shamrockfisher; 07-19-2013 at 07:26 PM..

Old 07-19-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The statistics disagrees with you.
Really? So how many whites were lynched by blacks? Furthermore, the statistics you are pulling out of thin air, or the ones out of your ass?

Personally, I prefer real sources (not that your ass is inanimate). http://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pre...ime-statistics

Old 07-19-2013, 07:00 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Really? So how many whites were lynched by blacks? Furthermore, the statistics you are pulling out of thin air, or the ones out of your ass?

Personally, I prefer real sources (not that your ass is inanimate). FBI — FBI Releases 2011 Hate Crime Statistics
How many people are murdered by blacks and how many by white last year?

Old 07-19-2013, 07:02 PM

331 posts, read 253,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
Yes, because profiling, although unfair to some, saves lives. Profiling although bigotted, keeps people safe.

Profiling helps cops put crooks behind bars and keep terrorists off the streets.

For every one thousand AA's who have been annoyed to hear a car door get locked as they walk by need to think of the one or two people who might have prevented a robbery or car jacking or there family from being harmed.

The numbers don't lie and sometimes stereotypes works. Whether it is the color of your skin or clothing or social-economic profile these things work to give us clues.

Who is more likely to commit crimes, a group of kids sitting around in preppy or nerdy clothes or kids with gold teeth, baggy pants and hoodies?

It doesn't mean this is a universal truth but the fact is certain telltale signs that lend themselves to "profiling" actuallt tend to be useful and keep good people safe and out of harms way.
White and Hispanic kids also wear baggy clothes. Obama addressed the issue that even those educated, who dress reasonably well, are profiled. What is the problem with bringing an issue like this to the forefront? However small the benefits, whenever a polarizing case like this takes place, I have no issue with the President taking the opportunity to address said issues.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:03 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
I would like to see a reality show that has a white teen walk through a black community with a hidden camera.

Then have a black teen walk through a white community with a hidden camera.

Then have both of these teens walk together through the two neighborhoods with a hidden camera.

I think this would be a very revealing happening and I think President Obama just may get a touch of what America and its neighborhoods are really like. He doesn't have a clue.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How many people are murdered by blacks and how many by white last year?
You tell me, Mr. nolink. Or Ms. (that's a neutral name).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies