Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 06:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
If there was a God, obama wouldn't be President..!! ..or ever even heard of..
Oh well, I guess there's no God then because Obama IS President. Thank God!

Old 07-19-2013, 06:27 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Let me ask the right wing - do you think that race issues in America warrant ANY discussion? Any conversation?

Everything is just peachy as long as you continue to hate? OR . . we just ignore it and hope it will go away.
Most whites never give race a second thought, its the blacks who constantly use race for every occasion..

Old 07-19-2013, 06:29 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
Zimmerman is still alive, though.. Even those who agree with the verdict and somewhat "empathize" with Zimmerman concede that he made a some poor decisions that night.

Obama addressed the more salient issue, which is profiling. The fact that almost every AA male, even those that are highly educated, have been profiled, has been a long standing issue in this country. This is the perfect opportunity, if done properly, to address this problem. If the public at large is educated a bit more on the effects of profiling others, then future situations similar to the TM and Zimmerman tragedy may be avoided.
It's not a matter of "agree with the verdict" - there was a trial (the charges were way over the top and that's a big part of the problem) - the Jury heard all the testimony and saw all the evidence. The deliberated for 16 hours .... they rendered a verdict, it was Not Guilty of Murder in the 2nd degree or any of the lessor charges that the Prosecution (not the Defense) insisted on including.

And yet ..... the Obama Administration (DOJ is part of that) insists that they "respect the Verdict, BUT" - there is no "BUT". We either have a system with Rule of Law and Jury trials that render a Verdict - or we don't. The Special Prosecutor couldn't produce any "profiling", the FBI Investigation couldn't produce any "profiling" - "Race" didn't enter this case at all, and "Stand Your Ground" had nothing to do with the Charges OR the Defense.

Where do we go from here? Do trials by Jury and Verdicts become meaningless if a political party and constituency disagree with the Verdict by a Jury?

The President of the United States (joke because we are far from 'united' in today's world of division) suggested today that everything would have been different if Trayvon Marting held the gun under the Florida Stand Your Ground Law ..... but SYG had nothing to do with any of this. It was straight up Self Defense.

I say again .... IF George Zimmerman had been a Black man that killed another Black man - we would have NEVER heard about this case. It's not "if Trayvon had been white", it's "if George had been black". 5 Black people were murdered in Chicago (not killed, but murdered) during this trial - not a word in the press outside of Chicago.

74 Blacks were shot in Chicago over the 4th of July weekend - 12 of them died, one was 5 years old. Silence from the Main Stream Media, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Eric Holder and President Obama.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:29 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
It really would be nice if the President didn't fuel black racism, but I guess that's too much to ask.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:30 PM

7,928 posts, read 9,150,257 times
Sad to see that a black life is only valued when it is ended by a non black. How many black kids have been killed in inner cities since Obama became President? I remember his wife attended 1 girls' funeral, but all other killings: no comment from the WH.

I guess killing a black kid is ok if done within the black community, and only stirs outrage when done by someone outside the black community.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:35 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Let me ask the right wing - do you think that race issues in America warrant ANY discussion? Any conversation?

Everything is just peachy as long as you continue to hate? OR . . we just ignore it and hope it will go away.

let me tell you something what I hate is your implication that whites are nothing but a bunch of racist ass hole you don't want to talk about the truth you don't know what the frigging truth is
I am almost 62 years old I live 5 miles from a great man
Dr King who died with a dream he did not die to have this crap you are dishing out he was for ALL people and not to judge by the color o=f anyone's skin not to scream racist because not every thing is about race UNLESS that is all you see
I come far closer to Dr Kings dream than these black race whores!! I do judge what kind of person they are
not what color that person is so take you high horse and ride it some where else you are part of the problem not the solution
thank God my grandson who is bi racial is not taught this frigging crap he does not fear white or black people he is in a home where love is taught and his father left him so he has a real dad now that he loves and who loves him
so don't tell me your bull crap because I don't listen to closed minds

Old 07-19-2013, 06:36 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Oh well, I guess there's no God then because Obama IS President. Thank God!
I guess you approve of seeing your country brought to its knees by someone with evil intent. He is doing his best to destroy this country and you applaud him... Make one wonder how your mind works...
the good people shall overcome...

Old 07-19-2013, 06:36 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Why did he make the comments today? Because of GZ case and the media and race hustlers twisting it into a race issue. Did he call them out? No

Broad, he specifically talked about Trayvon. Didnt mention the burglaries in that neighborhood by BLACKS. Doesnt mention black on black crime ruining lives in Chicago and across the country. He pandered to certain people. He was not trying to unite.

The simple fact that he gave these remarks now, of all times, says it all. He isnt trying to calm anything down. This whole thing was starting to die down, just a little. Yet here he comes sticking his nose into it.
Such an attitude about the President, such blatant hatred, is not attractive, to put it mildly.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:39 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I come far closer to Dr Kings dream than these black race whores!!
Can I get you a towel? You're dripping with irony.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:40 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,203,193 times
My answer to Obama is if he goes around thuggin and creepin and doping IT COULD STILL BE HIM..LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies