Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 01:19 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Well what a shock. This administration is completely out of control. I remember the left screaming their heads off to run Gonzo out of DC for firing some attorneys. This of course gets a pass like everything else. Most likely scenario is they won't prosecute because they don't want somebody on the record saying something that they shouldn't be just like the Benghazi survivors or the IRS crooks. Liberals do want tyranny that's for sure........
"House oversight committee Chairman Darrell E. Issa said Thursday he’s baffled that the Justice Department declined to prosecute a government employee who apparently knowingly pried into tax records of a political candidate or donor, and said there should be a way for victims to know their rights have been violated.
He also said letting state officials have access to federal tax records can be dangerous, and that’s one reason to try to rein in the health care law, which will expand access to states that plan on running their own insurance exchanges.
Mr. Issa made the comments after The Washington Times reported this week that the Treasury inspector general for tax administration had found at least four cases in which a candidate’s or donor’s tax information was accessed improperly.
In one case, the investigator said the violation was willful and referred it to the Justice Department, which declined to pursue the case — a move Mr. Issa said was worrisome.
“We are not just disappointed, but dismayed,” Mr. Issa, California Republican, told The Times, speaking just after he finished a hearing with Inspector General J. Russell George looking at the intrusive IRS scrutiny of conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ax-snooping-s/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 01:33 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,792,616 times
You dont know the half of it, brother:

Source

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it has obtained records from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) revealing that the agency has spent millions of dollars for the warrantless collection and analysis of Americans’ financial transactions. The documents also reveal that CFPB contractors may be required to share the information with “additional government entities.”

And as we all learned as a result of Snowden, the NSA is busy collection our phone records and our activities on the internet.

Oh, I almost forgot, police departments everywhere are now scanning and collecting your license plate number, location, and time, just in cast they need it. Source

A rapidly growing network of police cameras is capturing, storing and sharing data on license plates, making it possible to stitch together people's movements whether they are stuck in a commute, making tracks to the beach or up to no good.
For the first time, the number of license tag captures has reached the millions, according to a study published Wednesday by the American Civil Liberties Union based on information from hundreds of law enforcement agencies, including a handful in Colorado.

Cant wait for those fleets of drones to take to the air! Then They will have ALL they need to grind us under their heels.

Just by discussing this, you and I will no doubt come to the attention of The Powers That Be

Old 07-20-2013, 01:35 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
All I can say is I apologize for believing the lie Obama was hope and change. More like no hop and no change. He is proving to be a million times worse than Bush (and I think Bush should have been impeached).

My uncle is a board member of the NRA in Indiana and a small business owner not to mention Republican and the IRS has been on him for quite some time claiming he didn't pay enough in taxes. He asked them if it was because he's Republican and they admitted yep.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
You dont know the half of it, brother: Cant wait for those fleets of drones to take to the air! Then They will have ALL they need to grind us under their heels.
How To Scare The Crap Out Of Terrorists (And Your Citizens) 101

Old 07-20-2013, 03:22 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
All I can say is I apologize for believing the lie Obama was hope and change. More like no hop and no change. He is proving to be a million times worse than Bush (and I think Bush should have been impeached).

My uncle is a board member of the NRA in Indiana and a small business owner not to mention Republican and the IRS has been on him for quite some time claiming he didn't pay enough in taxes. He asked them if it was because he's Republican and they admitted yep.
You probably didn't out of curtesy but did you ever ask your uncle how much he pays in taxes? You would be shocked at how much business people especially small business people have to pay.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:23 PM

Drones and the IRS

Old 07-20-2013, 03:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
The outrage will come when the other party gets into the WH and does the same thing.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The outrage will come when the other party gets into the WH and does the same thing.
lol, just like Harry Reid and the filibuster.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:45 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Have they had a chance to look at Romney's tax records? I am still a little, but only a little, curious about that one.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yup keep on saying, they are one in the same, with a different story. One throws more bull, one throws out even more bull

Outrage should come from us the people who can no longer tolerate the damn government, and each party that we are offered............... one thing both party's have to agree upon, is seeing that we are not offered something better, then what we now have.

Do we the people get to pry on the idiots serving us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies