Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 10:56 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Why do they defend something obviously wrong because ignorance is bliss..
Just because someone sees why something is done does not mean they agree with it!

Old 11-10-2007, 11:05 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Criminals leave crime scenes all the time. That doesn’t discount that they didn’t do anything wrong, nor will it give them immunity from their actions of the past.

Oh,,,, that’s right George might give Dick a pardon for all of his acts while in and out of office? God forbid! Come to think of it, George might give the entire administration a blanket pardon for the past 8 years of their work.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:06 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
I think the most important thing this administration accomplished was to divide our people(red states/blue states) They have pitted dems and republicans against one another.
We are all citizens of this country and while we disagree an a great many things, most of us do agree that this administration has gone to far. We need to unite as a people and start standing up to all of the politicians. Remember, they are supossed to be working FOR us.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:27 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
LOL, I think the last time they worked for us was when the constitution was signed and indepedence declared... other than that it was what big business wanted..

Old 11-10-2007, 11:42 AM

989 posts, read 2,761,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
Why would people want to wish that kind of thing on ANYONE? Okay, so you don't agree with the man and all, but to cut out his heart? Have they lost all sense of decency?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
This quote from the Onion, out of context, appears rather inflammatory. Can you provide a context, link?
Here ya go... complete article is at the bottom

Cheney Impeachment Resolution In Committee | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

BTW, The Onion is SATIRICAL and it is a joking reference to him being evil or undead!!!!!

Cheney Impeachment Resolution In Committee
A resolution to impeach Vice President Dick Cheney was sent to the House Judiciary Committee for review. What do you think?

Myra Cummer,
Closet Organizer
"Impeaching is irresponsible and supported only by the fringe 'We don't want the Constitution violated' movement."

Tyler Coppernol,
Mattress Salesman
"I doubt it goes forward. The people on that committee all have families."

Jerry Terrell,
Menu Distributor
"This won't achieve anything. The only way to stop Cheney is to cut out his heart and burn it during a full moon."

Last edited by Evlevo; 11-10-2007 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: removed complaint about a neg rep

Old 11-10-2007, 11:47 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
Thanks for the reference in the Onion. Not everyone reads it, or knows it is a satirical print and apparently quite a few members took serious offense. Next time, it might help to avoid unpleasantness to include the reference and the position of a print journal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
Here ya go... complete article is at the bottom

Cheney Impeachment Resolution In Committee | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

BTW, The Onion is SATIRICAL and it is a joking reference to him being evil or undead!!!!! [Mod Cut]

Cheney Impeachment Resolution In Committee
A resolution to impeach Vice President Dick Cheney was sent to the House Judiciary Committee for review. What do you think?

Myra Cummer,
Closet Organizer
"Impeaching is irresponsible and supported only by the fringe 'We don't want the Constitution violated' movement."

Tyler Coppernol,
Mattress Salesman
"I doubt it goes forward. The people on that committee all have families."

Jerry Terrell,
Menu Distributor
"This won't achieve anything. The only way to stop Cheney is to cut out his heart and burn it during a full moon."

Old 11-10-2007, 11:55 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
Why would people want to wish that kind of thing on ANYONE? Okay, so you don't agree with the man and all, but to cut out his heart? Have they lost all sense of decency?
It's okay to say that as long as it only refers to evil conservatives.

Say it about Chavez or Ahmadinejad, you better duck.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:08 PM

989 posts, read 2,761,464 times
Quote:
Thanks for the reference in the Onion. Not everyone reads it, or knows it is a satirical print and apparently quite a few members took serious offense. Next time, it might help to avoid unpleasantness to include the reference and the position of a print journal.
Good grief! I guess I just gave my fellow humans (even the Conservative ones) a little bit more credit for being able to discern sarcasm when they see it

And they can vote

I guess I'll just have to include an annotated bibliography (as well as a note from mother) in all of my posts from now on

Old 11-10-2007, 12:14 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
I know you are being sarcastic, but you know, Evlevo, not all folks read the same thing, so yes, give a little annotated note for those unfamiliar with less known print media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
Good grief! I guess I just gave my fellow humans (even the Conservative ones) a little bit more credit for being able to discern sarcasm when they see it

And they can vote

I guess I'll just have to include an annotated bibliography (as well as a note from mother) in all of my posts from now on

Old 11-10-2007, 01:06 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,998,404 times
Quote:
This quote from the Onion, out of context, appears rather inflammatory. Can you provide a context, link?
They're saying he's a semi-immortal vampire. Except I guess instead of sucking blood he sucks oil, or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies