Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 12:36 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Actually you miss the obvious. You want the Blacks to do something. What are you doing? The problem is to a large part socioeconomic.These people are of the bottom class and some are black.

So what is it that we, including you, propose to do about it? How ab out doubling the funding in inner city schools and providing all day supervision for at risk kids. How about programs that continuer through high school constantly challenging and channeling the lower end?

Overall it would probably pay for the society to do something like this. Vast savings down stream...but it would cost a bundle up front. Who is going to put up the bundle?

My suspicion is that we will live with it rather than fund it. .
Why do you expect others to do something? Besides I already work and pay taxes.

Educations, isn't there a problem in inner city schools where if a kid studies and gets good grades his classmates give him a hard time saying he is acting too white? How can whites do anything about that attitude. Action starts at home and in the troubled community..... You are what you think and if your attitude stinks it will be reflected in your life. Change attitudes of the people

264 posts, read 280,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep educated people realize that people are individuals and not judge entire groups. So why do blacks judge ALL whites? Are you saying they are uneducated?

Actually my point is, why do blacks automatically assume everyone is racist if someone doesn't agree with them. That's part of the problem. People are sick of hearing the claim and are learning that it's best to stay away, if anything goes wrong, well, we see what is happening to GZ.
That isn't right either...but this post is a white person judging all blacks, which is why I reacted the way I did.

But go ahead and throw yourself a pity party, it's so hard for you to be white, I'm sure.

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
The majority of blacks vote for Democrats / Liberals. The government has been taking our money and claiming they have been fighting a war on poverty for years and years but it is no better. You would think that "someone" be it the people or the government would say, wait, handing out money is not working, lets do something different.

Did you notice that Liberals are "typically" very angry and not very happy but conservatives are generally happy. You would think someone would ask, what are their beliefs that I am not living by? Maybe there is something to the conservative values.
The war on poverty is on going. to beleive that there will never be people below the poverty line in this nation...Whether we have a "war on poverty" or not is naive.

the war on poverty is an ongoing struggle. If you have tried of it, then change the law...dont denouce Blacks for a government program intituted to benefit all that were...and are impoverished.

How you equate blacks and poverty is telling.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
In conclusion, even though racist events do sometimes occur and are deplorable...It really is all y'alls fault.
Uh; There's def some racism against Asian people and African Blacks in the US but they DON'T let it stop them from moving forward. Maybe because other Asians and other Af Black people "support their own" instead of trying to drag an up and comer back into the crab pot of failure.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:37 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
So you as a black woman assigned blame to yourself for all the actions, misfurtunes, and tradegies in your life?
Speaking for myself, I assign blame to myself for most things that go right or wrong in my life. Not all, but everything that I can control. That's what responsible people do.

Why wouldn't everyone responsible do that? It doesn't matter what race you are.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:39 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
I want you now to justify your contention...dont run off. Debate.
I have some things to do periodically throughout the day, but I'm sure I'll be back.

Note that what I say is not intended to suggest that blacks are somehow fundamentally inferior; they are not. I want everyone who works hard to be successful regardless of race. And I think everyone is capable of it.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:39 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Your stats are great. Black people have made a lot of progress, although more is needed. I'm all for black people completely closing the gap.

But maybe you should consider quoting your statistics in context of other ethnicities using per capita, etc. That would tell the real story.

I had some CDC/Census Bureau bookmarks on this a while ago. I'll dig for them when I have time this afternoon and post up.
You didnt quote your beliefs stating and differentiating "per capita"...now you want me too? You speak of black as a monolith.

Look up the word Monolith. You see blacks as a monolithic group. I dont even know if you are able to fathom a seperation in the group.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:44 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Be sure to break it down by male and female.

Black females seem to be leading the enrollment and graduation rates.
I've heard that said too.

Phoenix: it seems the Black ladies under about age 30 or so are really starting to step up by talking proper, taking care of their looks, chilling with the partying and "marrying out" IF that means having a man who's taking care of business. Decent Black dudes ain't the problem and THEY'RE real tired of the hood rats too and starting to push them away.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:45 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,733,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
What is the purpose of this thread? Black people don't need a lecture from somebody that could never imagine what it is like to walk in their shoes. You didn't say anything enlightening or new.

This forum has been overrun with racism, such as this thread, with the majority being white towards black.

People are people and threads like this don't help anyone.

Thanks.
Guess you didn't know that the OP is a sensible, educated black man?

Shows your ignorance.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:45 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:

Did you notice that Liberals are "typically" very angry and not very happy but conservatives are generally happy.
I almost wet myself laughing after I read that.

I have never in my life seen so many people violently, frothing-at-the-mouth, raging mad at everyone and everything in the world as the cons on this forum. And you, my friend, come across as one of the angriest in a sea of angry people.

OMG. That is just freakin' hilarious that you see yourself as happy. Only it's also terribly sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies