Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 01:05 PM

331 posts, read 253,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Won't happen. Good people just don't want to run for politics anymore. It is a cesspool of greed, arrogance, corruption, self-opportunism, and incompetence. Along with a media that feeds it. What good person would want to drag their family into all that when they know even with the best of intentions they won't be able to get anything worthwhile done?
I agree.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:06 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010
Out of simple curiosity, what is it about Obama that elicits statements like, "I hate him, I despise him, etc?"

I can understand disagreeing with his ideologies or not being satisfied with his tenure up to date, but I'm trying to understand where all this deep rooted hate for him stems from.
Obama is nothing but a community agitator. To change America he can't have unity of the people.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:13 PM

367 posts, read 959,543 times
Why do some of you "Hate" President Obama?

I despise him, not hate him. I don't respect him enough to hate him.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFBonnett View Post
Why do some of you "Hate" President Obama?

I despise him, not hate him. I don't respect him enough to hate him.
Oh wait until October on, if you think people don't like Obama now. But Obama is going on another campaign selling you unicorns and roses. The party is about to begin.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:45 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
Out of simple curiosity, what is it about Obama that elicits statements like, "I hate him, I despise him, etc?"

I can understand disagreeing with his ideologies or not being satisfied with his tenure up to date, but I'm trying to understand where all this deep rooted hate for him stems from.
I don't hate Obama. In fact, I admire him as a man and a father. He seems like a really great family man. The thing I really don't like about him is the way his supporters throw accusations of racism at any criticism, or the Chicago-style politics of his administration.

I first noticed this during the '08 campaign with the differences in coverage of Obama and Clinton. It really irritated me when one week Time would have a negative article about the Clintons (always associating Hillary with Bill in a very negative way), and then the next week, right after the big fall-out from the Rev. Wright sermons being made public, there was a cover story about Obama's mother to remind everyone that Obama was half-white. During the '12 campaign, scarcely an hour passed that MSNBC didn't hear racist dog whistles in everything the Republicans said. The mere mention of Chicago was called a dog whistle ("lots of black folks there").

When I started actually thinking this behavior by the press and Obama supporters might actually be dangerous was when a man asked a question of Candidate Obama about his taxes (Joe the Plumber), and then there were countless news articles about him not actually being a plumber, digging into his personal life, and culminating in an Ohio tax office releasing his personal tax records showing he owed back taxes. That's classic Chicago-style politics, and I HATE that!

Old 07-22-2013, 05:13 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,954,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
did you watch him in the debates? he makes george bush look like a rocket scientist. he makes corky thatcher look like an astrophysicist.
And he makes Jimmy Carter relived

Moron is quite right. obama is most certainly a moron.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
Quite convenient. True hate only comes from the liberals.
How long do I have to wait for a wardrobe malfunction?

Old 07-22-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama is nothing more than a smooth talking politician. Every time he talks he is trying to get more money out of the American people... and lying.
Ahh err umm mmm you could say that better ahh umm errr if you err ummm ahh err left out the err sm sm sm smooth talking pa pa pa pa part huh err ummm ahhh........

Old 07-22-2013, 05:25 PM

596 posts, read 729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK"

This is one of the reasons - He thinks we should be subservient to the rest of the world.
Acknowledging that we don't live in this world alone and that what we do actually has a global impact does not equate to thinking we should be subservient to the rest of the world. So essentially, you hate the man because he doesn't think that America is the end all, be all, and above all other people with whom we share this planet?

Old 07-22-2013, 05:39 PM

596 posts, read 729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
"He could be my son." "That could have been me 35 years ago" Definitely pertains to race and decidedly inappropriate both before and after the trial. He stuck his nose in a state matter due to race. I've yet to hear him mourn the loss of life of a white child at the hands of a black law-breaker. If he can't be consistent and represent all Americans regardless of race he needs to be gone.
Yet, he did mourn the loss of all the white children who were killed in Newtown. And he mourned the people killed in Aurora (many of whom were white). And he mourned the people killed and hurt in Arizona (many of whom were white). Do those not count for you simply because the killers weren't black? Give me a break. He did not stick his nose into a state matter. He has every right to give his personal view on any situation. You're acting like he intervened in the trial or something. Being the president does not mean he's not still a human being with his own perspective. Some of you people act like you want him to pretend that he's not a black man just because he's the president. Well, he is a black man (and before anybody starts whining that he's "bi-racial", yes I realize he is half white but he identifies as black and he looks black and you better believe before he was a public figure anybody meeting him viewed him simply as a black man). His life experience includes all that comes with being a black man in this country, and that didn't disappear just because he was elected president. If you have a problem with him speaking on issues of race and speaking about his personal experiences in that area, then that's your issue to deal with. Stop expecting to everyone to live in denial simply because you choose not to acknowledge the truth about race in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.